Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Struggling to see the wood for the trees?
  • monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I often read various American forums and I’m always amazed at the stance that’s taken ref gun laws.

First page is erm…. eye opening!

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru…ad.php?t=54826

I can’t honestly think of ever wanting to carry a concealed weapon on a normal day out, it just does not compute as a normal or socially acceptable thing to do.

A copy from the BBC article that’s linked from the above forum.

“Many in the US believe the situation would have been safer if more people on the scene had had guns. At least two congressmen have said they will start carrying a gun at all times.”

Really?!

Garry_Lager

The concealed carry thing sounds weird, but it’s just a way of differentiating it from open carry – wild west style. Which is surely weirder. Clearly it is not a normal or socially acceptable thing to do here, but in the US it’s pretty standard in a lot of states.

The idea that more people being armed would have ameliorated the Arizona shooting scene is garbage, though. When some lunatic opens fire like that into a crowd of people there’s nothing to be done – it’s a matter of split seconds and whether you’re armed or not is irrelevant.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Struggling to see the wood for the trees?’ is closed to new replies.