Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Straight steerers, 26" wheels, will the next deletion be…..
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’d say oversized BB shells will be next. But the bearings will still be made out of cheese and badly sealed.

jameso

148 – Wider flanges are a good thing and stiffer 29er wheels are good (ie the Jones 135 front), but 6mm extra. Small steps. Shimano or SRAM will soon pop a couple more sprockets in there anyway .. And it’s the 100mm front hub that needs revising most.

D0NK

As far as I’m aware that triple has had the teeth ground off the big ring to act as a chain guide.

[url=http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/WINNING-BIKE-Nico-Laus-Cube-Stereo-160-Super-HPC-27-5,6471/WINNING-BIKE-Nico-Laus-Cube-Stereo-160-Super-HPC-27-5,64918/sspomer,2]yep[/url]. He’s a bit behind the times, I did that on an xt 739 chainset (integral big ring) yonks ago

admittedly I didn’t grind it, just broke the teeth off with pliers 😕

Sundayjumper

Exactly what I’ve always done !

People seem to fret about chainlines in any other context and yet 1×10 or 1×11 is brilliant ? A triple lets you get a better chainline, more of the time. And IMO the weight saving of ditching a chainring is trivial compared to a 30lb bike. Possibly worth thinking about if you’re an XC snake with an 18b bike though.

chestrockwell

People seem to fret about chainlines in any other context and yet 1×10 or 1×11 is brilliant ? A triple lets you get a better chainline, more of the time. And IMO the weight saving of ditching a chainring is trivial compared to a 30lb bike. Possibly worth thinking about if you’re an XC snake with an 18b bike though.

Sense at last.

acehtn
    Free Member

Mojo also machined down an XTR outer ring to act as a light bash ring on there team DH bikes several years ago (maybe 2005)
    They wanted the then lightest chainset but the odd ring sizing ment no aftermarket bash rings……and machined down XTR stuff is well factory and trick 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Straight steerers, 26" wheels, will the next deletion be…..’ is closed to new replies.