Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Strade Bianche this Saturday.
  • tang
    Free Member

After a cracking opening weekend it’s Strade Bianche on Saturday with a potential to be a good battle. Not seen the forecast but a bad part of me hopes it’s lashing down.

warton
    Free Member

keep the rain for Flanders and Roubaix…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Then Paris-Nice starts on Sunday, going to be a good weekend 🙂

Edit: See Wiggins is racing Strade Bianche, be interesting to see how he gets on. Some strong teams out there this year (start list)

rOcKeTdOg

are they wearing wool and riding vintage bikes?

tang
    Free Member

Strong indeed! Going to be fast.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Couple of great races there with that and Roma Maxima. Excellent finishes to both…. how close was Roma!

Kryton57

Anyone know why Wiggins was pulled out by sky!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Anyone know why Wiggins was pulled out by sky!

Thought the commentators on Eurosport said Wiggins had pulled himself out?

mrblobby
    Free Member

I think it was the reshuffle of riders with Froome pulling out of TA due to his back injury. I think Wiggins is going to do TA alongside Porte now.

Edit… from cycling news….

Porte assures Cyclingnews that all team roles are understood for Tirreno. He said: “Wiggo has changed his focus this year, in Tirreno he is riding in support of me.

bokonon
    Free Member

Is he not now riding the Tirreno Adratico supporting Ritchie Porte? Not that it would stop him racing last Saturday, but if he was going into preparations then it would at least make sense.

tang
    Free Member

Great to see Valverde then pulling a great finish at Roma maxima the next day! Fair play to Kwiatowski having enough to go with Sagan then put it down so hard on that last climb. I just can’t see Wiggins getting a look in if he rides Roubaix.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I just can’t see Wiggins getting a look in if he rides Roubaix.

Riding for Stannard I reckon. Quite a few good classics riders seem to be in great form right now, can’t see Wiggins challenging them.

warton
    Free Member

I just can’t see Wiggins getting a look in if he rides Roubaix.

why not? If he’s put a bit of his pursuiting weight back on he’d be a strong classics rider. Remember he wasn’t always stick thin.

who’s dominated the spring classics for the last 3 or 4 years? Fabian. How did he do it? TTing to the end, solo. Wiggins a a superb TTer, who is more than capable of riding people off his wheel.

but, as always, you make your own luck in the classics, and I’d question Sky’s ability to ride at the front during the opening pave, to set wiggins up for the trench. If he’s top 20 hitting the trench he’s in with a very good shout.

Wiggins has said more than once he wants to win roubaix, and with no grand tour GC commitments this year, it could be the perfect year for him to give it a crack

rOcKeTdOg

It would be awesome to see Stannard or wiggins take PR

mrblobby
    Free Member

why not? If he’s put a bit of his pursuiting weight back on he’d be a strong classics rider. Remember he wasn’t always stick thin.

Lack of experience and not having showed any form so far this year. Would be great to see him and Stannard up there towards the end though.

tang
    Free Member

I’d love to see him win, and yes I know his pedigree as a rider and his incredible adjustment in training and racing. PR isn’t just about TTing to the end though is it? I hope he has the form like at the worlds when he dragged everyone along at a blistering pace.

fatmax

I’m off to see Paris Roubaix this year, so hope Brad and Stannard are in the mix!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Strade Bianche this Saturday.’ is closed to new replies.