Home Forums Chat Forum Stop with the leg tattoos already

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 579 total)
  • Stop with the leg tattoos already
  • Shibboleth
    Free Member

Apparently, stimulating debate on a discussion forum is not considered a positive contribution.

Attempting to perform a character assassination of someone whose views you don’t share, rather than actually responding in a similar fashion seems to be perfectly ok… How strange.

For the record, and to those that accuse me of trolling, if you look at my posting history you’ll see that I’ve posted on several subjects – including helping someone with his tiling this week. Surely a troll would be disagreeing with people on any subject for the sake of an argument.

It’s quite well known that I have a strong dislike of tattoos and cats, so if there’s a thread involving either, there’s a chance I might proffer my views. That doesn’t make me a troll… It makes me a lot more consistent than the fickle yes men that’ll change their views at the drop of a hat so they can feel part of the gathering lynch mob.

Edit: and whoever defaced that beautiful back should be charged with statutory assault!!

wwaswas

I’m waiting in the vane hope that a debate might break out.

Taking some pleasure in the fact that even those who are educated and have no ink can use vane when they mean to use vain.

I won’t, however, go on to assume this applies to *everyone* without a tattoo, just the person making the mistake.

DrP

I have nothing to add….except the mythical crab…

DrP

footflaps

Apparently, Trolling stimulating debate on a discussion forum is not considered a positive contribution.

FIFY

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

FIFY

That’s funny, it’s not that long ago you appear to have been defending Shibby’s contributions on another inky thread. I’m sure there’s a subtle difference in there somewhere though.

iolo
    Free Member

Hello shangelang,
    Did you call Mind?
    They are really quite good.

iolo
    Free Member

If you want a chat I’m there for you baby.
    Maybe we can work on this tenseness and animosity I’m sensing.

andytherocketeer

so trying to provoke “trolls” is not “trolling” ?

iolo
    Free Member

Helping is not trolling

mikey3
    Free Member

Bit early to be offering handjobs isn’t it iolo.its a nice day,go ride your bike mate 🙂

wwaswas

I don’t think your helping will be of any help iolo…

andytherocketeer

ah no, helping is baiting

Northwind

I’ll just leave this here

iolo
    Free Member

One can only try and be nice

iolo
    Free Member

But shibbly, the way you speak here you clearly do have issues.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Do you want to talk me through your qualifications iolo?

iolo
    Free Member

Bsc in civil engineering. You?

dogbert
    Free Member

According to Shibboleth, less educated people get tattoos. Coming from a man who has sat on the Internet for a few days arguing with strangers over a point that lost its way a long time ago

It’s like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

Incidentally, wasn’t Shibboleth the name of that massive cracking in the tate gallery posing as art? A fan of something useless that was only designed to be looked at and for people to comment on??

Jamie
    Free Member

I assume the mods are taking a Thunderdome approach to this thread…

…anyway, I’ll check back when we have started posting pictures of our penises.

…and none of this e-penis nonsense. I want to see properly measured penises, so we can finally sort out who is the Alpha Dog here.

teasel
    Free Member

A letter to the powers that be – 12 pages of shit, most of which is now just sniping and ugly jibes.

Fantastic forum content…

PiknMix
    Free Member

You’ve let the forum down; you’ve let the other window lickers down; but most of all, you’ve let yourself down iolo.

This statement is bang out of line.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Bsc in civil engineering.

That’s fantastic. I am, however, at a loss as to how you’ve made that leap from studying civil engineering to diagnosing mental health issues, and not even face-to-face – like most doctors of psychology – but via an internet forum.

Care to expand?

hora
    Free Member

What have I missed?

teasel
    Free Member

My mistake – make that 13

🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

My mistake – make that 13

It’s worse than we thought.

teasel
    Free Member

I assume the mods are taking a Thunderdome approach to this thread…

Pipped me to the post and put forward in a much less confrontational manner.

Well done…

iolo
    Free Member

PiknMix I agree with you.
    Shizzlemadizzle, please read this thread again, especially the bits you wrote and tell me if these are the rantings of a sane man.

hora
    Free Member

If I had a leg tattoo it’d be a 1940’s moll’ from a US fighter bomber.

Would that be ok? I can’t have any tats though as I need to go to Jewish heaven 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

Would that be ok?

You should start a thread on it…

iolo
    Free Member

Hora, don’t tell anyone you got it done. You’d be fine.

hora
    Free Member

No I’d start a topic on here (like has been done before with a tat)

Then I’d wear shorts alot.

In the gym sauna I’d field questions on the meaning of it to me and why I had it done (in my gym I’m literally the only human body that isn’t covered in a tattoo).

😀

Cougar

Apparently, stimulating debate on a discussion forum is not considered a positive contribution.

How did that work out for you? A couple of people have tried to engage you in debate as you claim you desire, and you’ve ignored them.

if you look at my posting history you’ll see that I’ve posted on several subjects – including helping someone with his tiling this week.

By that logic, Oscar Pistorius is innocent; there are positively billions of people that he hasn’t shot.

there’s a chance I might proffer my views. That doesn’t make me a troll

No, it doesn’t. You trolling makes you a troll, your views are irrelevant.

If you actually did as you claimed – posited potentially unpopular viewpoints in order to stimulate conversation – then I’d wager you’d actually be a valued member of this community. But instead we end up in 12 page threads where every time a discussion is actually in danger of getting remotely interesting, you come wading back in regurgitating the same tripe all over again because you’ve not been the centre of attention for ten minutes. Newsflash, as evidenced by the number of reported posts I woke up to this morning, this hypothetical “silent majority” you insist is nodding along in silent agreement with the sage Shibboleth is actually doing its level best to ignore you and just get on with talking with other adults.

Umpteen warnings for “negative use of the forum” just get ignored. Increasingly long bans have no effect on you. We’ve asked you time and again to stop baiting people or being offensive, and you either cannot or will not desist. You’re not the first, and it only ever ends one way.

And just to seal the deal, after being asked in public to tone it down, your response is to make obnoxious comments about mental health issues.

teasel
    Free Member

Jan shoulda shaved his bonce, that’s for sure…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So is he banned then?

bearnecessities

He’s probably fapped himself unconscious.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

hora
    Free Member

That is awesome. Nothing else to clutter the message. Fantastic.

clubber
    Free Member

I had to google it.

It’s Jan Hammer.

🙂

binners

(in my gym I’m literally the only human body that isn’t covered in a tattoo).

I always feel like that whenever I take the kids swimming. I’ve also concluded from perusing the ‘art’ on display, that about 99.98% of tattoos must have been a decision made while really really drunk, and then applied by someone even more drunk!

MrSmith
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 579 total)

The topic ‘Stop with the leg tattoos already’ is closed to new replies.