Viewing 38 posts - 161 through 198 (of 198 total)
  • Got my first Tattoo today. Haters look away!
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Tattoos don’t put me up or down, but I love mullets, especially euro mullets, so I am very disappointed to find that the OP has been lying all this time. Mulletus maximus my arse.

Cougar

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an arse mullet.

Anna-B
    Free Member

I like it MM. Love the colours, especially the red/orange. I’ll be able to join in on Tuesday….except it will be my second tattoo 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

You’ve obviously never peeped through my bedroom window then Cougar

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Sharp Practice in Salisbury Anna?

unknown
    Free Member

I have a tattoo.

soobalias
    Free Member

didnt realise that everyone had to comment…

i quite like tattoos, yours (OP) looks ok, interested to see it finished, bit too much for my tastes – but then its on you, so thats cool

i am gonna have to go back to the beginning to see if i can see the penis that houns sees…. is it a magic eye kinda thing?

soobalias
    Free Member

ok, so houns just sees peniseseseesss everywhere.

makes me think common carp rather than koi,

not saying your tatt is common, rather it reminds me of my fishing days

tazzymtb

Nice work chap….I’m 8 hours into a half torso continuation of a big samoan piece. ..ribs and hip bone hurt like a monkey…did you go fully under arm or sort of skirt around the hurty bits?

Anna-B
    Free Member

Is that where you went MM? I’m not going there, going to Joe Munroe in Poole. He does lovely patterns, which is what I’m getting. Have had piercings at Sharp Practice though. I would be interested to know who did yours, if you want to tell!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

It was Archie. Been tattooing since he was 8 and is only 21. He has a bright career ahead of him.

Tazzy, the hurty underarm bit have yet to come. Booked in for the 15th July to have it finished.

tazzymtb

Right up the arm pit is fun…and the tip of the elbow…and having one side of the chest tattooed the day after being t boned by a merc van and cracking the ribs on the other side…first time I’ve had to ask a tattooist to stop…every time I tensed I was having difficulty breathing…3 hours was more than enough. You’ll be fine under the arm as it’s a lot of free hand work on yours so not hours of lining work….you do have the joy of many shading sessions though 😛

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Under arm, inside of elbow and toes have hurt the most so far, although ribs are supposed to be particularly ‘interesting’.

Maybe stepping back into the marketplace for some new stuff soon. It’s been 12 years or so since I’ve had anything done. (Colours all intact thanks to factor 50 whenever the sun shines).

bigblackshed

MM.

That’s a serious piece of ink for your first. Would like to see the final finished photos when done. Did you say you have 4 more hours?

A guy I work with has a Japanese half sleeve. It’s very colourful and still very bright and crisp after 15 years. Good quality work lasts. His was a cover up too.

tazzymtb

Mr trowel- yes ribs are deffo….cheeky

kudos100
    Free Member

Ahh love a good Tattoo thread. Guaranteed to bring the STW bellends out in force.

hora
    Free Member

Amazed at the arguing staying power

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Great, under arm and inside elbow is the majority of work left to do. Might take strong pain killers before the next session.

maycontainnuts

I’m not going there, going to Joe Munroe in Poole. He does lovely patterns, which is what I’m getting.

Some friends of mine have great work by this guy, am considering popping my tattoo cherry with him, so to speak.

OP, I really Like it. Show us when it’s complete.

Kuco

Nice 🙂

You didn’t go half hearted for a first tat 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sharp Practice, eh? Always looked a little scruffy to me, but possibly intentional!

I miss the good old days of the Galleon being across the road for a great fry up!

Anna-B
    Free Member

Nice to know maycontainnuts. He was a recommendation to me, but always good to hear more of those.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

You didn’t go half hearted for a first tat

Nah, I was sure what I wanted. Underestimated the pain though and glad I didn’t book an 8 hour session. 😯

Anna-B
    Free Member

Sharp Practice not so scruffy these days, has upped its image and expanded into the property next door as well. Galleon….how long ago was that?! and where?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Blimey, Salisbury talk. Haven’t spent much time there since I left college in 1989!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Galleon….how long ago was that?

Too long ago…! Was over the road, in what is now Chick-o-Land (voms).

Had the most amazing fry up, all served by a glorious Nora Batty-esque old bat with a fag somehow perched on her bottom lip.

Many, many happy breakfasts there after a few too many at the Bishop’s with the blonde from Wilton. Ahhhhhh, good times….!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Typed 99 not 89 then. Older than I think 🙁

Anna-B
    Free Member

Don’t remember it. Was probably a poor student that long ago and not able to afford eating out!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Joe Munroes work looks amazing Anna. I’m sure yours will be great. Not on the face like most of his portfolio I hope 😕

Anna-B
    Free Member

Thanks RT 🙂 No, not on face. Not this year 😉 Looking forward to it. Doubt I’ll put a photo up here though, kudos to MM for doing so.

youngrob

OP, great tattoo. I haven’t read all 6 pages but I can imagine how it’s gone 🙁 I got my koi a couple of years ago and love it. It also took 4hrs but was totally worth every minute as I have (as you now do) an amazing piece of art on my arm. Ignore the haters.

tazzymtb

we need a new tattoo thread type thingy for on-going work and groovey ink…

excuse my muffin tops, veranda over the toy shop and beer tumkin

new work started

as a continuation for this

think I’m solely responsible for the great back ink shortage of 2012-13

DezB
    Free Member

V Cool tats tazzy. (Excuse me for asking, but are you from the south islands?)

tazzymtb

Dez, there is some family heritage from the region, yes, 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

My newest, a dotwork metatrons cube, lots more in the pipeline.

sc-xc

One of mine – my green man, has since had another layer of leaves around him – is turning into a arm-hedge.

Aristotle
    Free Member

kudos100 – Member

Ahh love a good Tattoo thread. Guaranteed to bring the STW bellends out in force.

Hang on, that’s a bit strong. People are entitled to have tattoo if they want one.

johndoh
    Free Member

Hang on, that’s a bit strong. People are entitled to have tattoo if they want one.

8)

Viewing 38 posts - 161 through 198 (of 198 total)

The topic ‘Got my first Tattoo today. Haters look away!’ is closed to new replies.