Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Stooge Speedball (new bike)
  • Clink

Can’t find many reviews of the Speedball (with either fork), what to they actually ride like? For general XC trail riding, would the MK4 or the Speedball be more suitable?

Any info useful as are a bit confused with the 2 models

I only had one ride on my Speedball (with biplane) so far. I’ve bought it for long rides and bikepacking and I think it will excel at this. I had a Mk1 for years which I did all my riding on – racing/trail rides/bikepacking/trail centres. Speedball feels very planted climbing (no weight shifts required, just sit and spin) and great comfy position (I’m running Jones loops). I’ve also ordered a Mk4 to run with a dropper for day-to-day riding. You won’t go wrong with either.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Speedball has a lower BB (~10mm), longer CS’s, shorter reach and a high front (certainly with the truss fork)

This translates to a more planted, stable feel, less twitchy, strong and stable (sorry) at higher speeds, more upright, central, comfortable riding position

With 29+ tyres it wants to roll fast, and whips up quick

A well sorted riding bike, and quite different to the Mk1 & 2 which I have spent time on

I haven’t had all that much time on the Speedball, but plan to have an extended ride the weekend

MrTricky
    Free Member

Thanks Bonesetter, thought it might be. I like to wrap the chainstays with old inner tube for protection which reduces clearance too, so a slightly narrower rim for the back it is then.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Rocking the Bullnose Bars

MUCH better than the Moto bars

These synergise well on the bike, making for a comfortable, well rounded feel. Recommended

Stooge Speedball Bullnose bars

tazzymtb

tiball

tazbah

drop

tazzymtb

bloody things are well common now, seeing as there was only ever meant to be 2 titanium bikes (Mine and Andy’s) 🙂

birdage

Interested in comparisons from anyone who’s rode a Speedball and a Jones Diamond?

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Stooge Speedball (new bike)’ is closed to new replies.