• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by ji.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stoneacre used car warranty – tell me your stories
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Thinking of getting a used car warranty but leaning towards “no” at the moment. Tell me your good and bad stories of Stoneacre’s used car warranty please.

Ta

midlifecrashes

Wouldn’t that mean being tied to Stoneacre to fix your car? [Shudders]

bear-uk
    Free Member

My mate was a Stoneacre salesman. The original company was taken over by Stoneacre. My mates conscience could not handle there way of customer aftercare.
    Nough said.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Wouldn’t that mean being tied to Stoneacre to fix your car?

yes

Tell me more

olly2097
    Free Member

Three year old fiesta St just out of manufacturers warranty;

Heated front screen didn’t work. Noticed the day after I bought the car. Took three letters and many discussions to have a new one fitted. Standard equipment. Can’t test it unless the glass is fogged up!

Same car; noticed high oil consumption of 1 litre every 600 miles. Investigated with a camera supposedly. Apparently it was fine. Took it to an independent and was told the piston rings had worn prematurely. The dealership ignored my letters and anger. I sold the car two years later with the same issue except I disclosed it.

I’d paid for a years warranty. It was worth bugger all.

midlifecrashes

Tell me more

Five visits to sort DPF fault, trying stupid stuff like software updates rather than cleaning out and renewing the obvious clogged system. (We bought the car with <2000 miles at 10 months, motability, it had never had a long run.)

Telling me it needed brake pads as they were down to 30% two days after they had been replaced by another garage.

Two visits to sort a dodgy door window switch, resetting s/w rather than fitting a new one.

Their tortuous booking in call centre, with long winded menus for the call handlers to read out, with endless attempts at up-sells for a/c flush, engine flush, filling the tyres with pixie dust.

But there’s only one Ford main dealer in our town and I wanted the stamps for at least the first five years in case we flogged it.

ji
    Free Member

I wouldn’t buy another car from them, let alone a warranty. Similar issues to those above.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stoneacre used car warranty – tell me your stories’ is closed to new replies.