- Stolen : Southampton area
My mate has had his Tinbred taken in Chandlers Ford. Just passing this on for any riders in the area to keep an eye out.
Please feel free to share this with your friends. Massively gutted that my new bike that I’d only finished building a couple of weeks ago has been STOLEN, I’m offering a £200 REWARD for the safe return or info leading to successful recovery. Particularly annoyed since I’d built the bike from scratch myself and bought every part individually to create the kind of bike that I’d always wanted since I was a teenager. This does mean that it is completely unique. The bike itself is an On-One Inbred Titanium 456 with Chris King Headset, Fox Racing Shox 32 Float FiT 100 RLC Fork, Stans ZTR Crest Hope Hoops, Hope Tech Evo X2 Disc Brakes with braided hoses, full Shimano XT 9 spd, Thomson Elite Seatpost and Stem, the bike is pretty unique for its blue finishing kit which is mostly Hope including the bottom bracket, floating rotors, skewers. Everything was new except the frame which is a couple of years old.
[/url]Posted 4 years ago
Cheers for posting that Marcus. It’s an 18″ frame and I still have the boxes for all the components in the front room so I’ll post the full spec, and distinguishing features when I get in. There’s a £200 reward if anyone can help me get it back. Please PM me on here if you have any info, Thanks.Posted 4 years ago
Apologies for the longest post ever but here’s the list of components. It was probably only the 4th ride on the bike and therefore the components will be as new. The frame is obviously older a Ti Inbred 456 Lynskey version with the brace and a fairly rare Pewter On-One Metal Head Badge. I hadn’t yet trimmed the braided brake lines so they are still factory length and look noticeably too long on the front of the bike. Also notable is the DMR V12 magnesium pedals in Diamond Black but I had replaced the standard pins with anodized blue ones making them pretty unique. The rear cassette a SRAM PG 990 Cassette is notable as it has a red Anodized Alloy Spider.
1. On-One Inbred 456 Lynskey Titanium Frame Braced model.
2. 2012 Fox Racing Shox 32 Float FiT 100 RLC Standard QR – Black
3. Hope Hoops Pro3 SP-XC6 No Tubes Crest Black Wheels – Black
4. Hope Tech Evo X2 Disc Brakes with Braided Hoses – Silver/Black
5. Hope Floating (Saw) Rotor 160mm Rear and 183mm Front both in Blue
6. Chris King Headset – Black
7. Shimano XT 3×9 Speed Chainset, Shifters, Front / Rear Mech, I took the indicator windows off the shifters.
8. Hope Stainless Steel Bottom Bracket – Blue
9. Charge Spoon Leather Saddle With Titanium Rails – Black
10. Crank Brothers Cobalt 11 XC Carbon Riser Handlebar / 318mm / 680mm / 15mm – Black
11. Thomson Elite Setback Seat Post 27.2 x 410mm – Black
12. Thomson Elite X4 Stem 90mm 0° Rise – Black
13. DMR V12 Magnesium Flat Pedals Diamond Black (REPLACEMENT BLUE PINS)
14. 2 x Panaracer Fire XC Pro Folding Mountain Bike Tyre 26×2.1 Black/Blue
15. Hope Steel Rod Quick Release Skewer Set – Blue
16. Hope QR Seat Post Clamp 34.9mm – Blue
17. Hope Space Doctor Spacers – Blue
18. Hope Grip Doctor Bar End Plugs -Blue
19. Hope Head Doctor Expander – Blue
20. SRAM PG 990 Cassette / 9 Speed / 1132 (RED ANODIZED SPIDER)
21. Lizard Skins Logo Lock On Handlebar Grips – Black
22. LifeLine Titanium Bottle Cage Titanium
23. Lezyne Chainstay Frame Protectors Black / Silver
Cheers!Posted 4 years ago
Thanks Lummox. It was stolen from Hemlock Way in Valley Park / Chandlers Ford. My girlfriend was doing a 24 hour shift at the Soton General so I’d cycled over to take her dog out. I often take the dog out for a run on the bike through the adjacent woods so I left the bike right outside the front door to run in to get the pup. My girlfriends housemate was unexpectedly in, and who had just suffered a bereavement, so I stopped to talk to her stood just inside the front door. I looked out the door no more than 3 minutes later and it was gone. There was also a car parked on the drive so the thief was particularly brazen and must’ve seen me through the door, albeit facing the other way. May well be a local reprobate, although the police said there has been a spate of thefts by lowlifes at the moment who just drive around nice local estates in a van stealing stuff. It’s a quiet residential street in a good area. I feel so stupid to have left it, even for what would have been seconds, but I guess it just goes to prove that you never can be too careful.Posted 4 years ago
Hi CG, thanks for the suggestion but it was stolen from the other side of Knightwood Road, so I guess the chances of it being caught on CCTV are slim. Some of the local shops down there have been kind enough to display some flyers, so hoping if anyone saw it they will come forward.Posted 4 years ago
Another photo from different angle showing a bit more detail, you can see what Richard is talking about with the ridiculous stock length hoses. I took the indicator windows off the shifters which went the other side of the Hope Tech Evo X2 levers to get the reach right. You can see better on this photo all the anodized blue Hope finishing kit incl BB, and that included bar end plugs when the bike was stolen. Thanks.
[/url][/img]Posted 4 years ago
Thanks, I appreciate it.
I took the dog out for a bit of a roam around the local woods and found the water bottle that was on the bike when it was stolen, it was quite a distance off the beaten track, so I think that pretty much rules out anyone out in a van on a thieving spree, must’ve been some local reprobate, no doubt closely resembling the ‘inbred’ man on the frame! 🙄Posted 4 years ago
The topic ‘Stolen : Southampton area’ is closed to new replies.