Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Stolen : Southampton area

My mate has had his Tinbred taken in Chandlers Ford. Just passing this on for any riders in the area to keep an eye out.

Please feel free to share this with your friends. Massively gutted that my new bike that I’d only finished building a couple of weeks ago has been STOLEN, I’m offering a £200 REWARD for the safe return or info leading to successful recovery. Particularly annoyed since I’d built the bike from scratch myself and bought every part individually to create the kind of bike that I’d always wanted since I was a teenager. This does mean that it is completely unique. The bike itself is an On-One Inbred Titanium 456 with Chris King Headset, Fox Racing Shox 32 Float FiT 100 RLC Fork, Stans ZTR Crest Hope Hoops, Hope Tech Evo X2 Disc Brakes with braided hoses, full Shimano XT 9 spd, Thomson Elite Seatpost and Stem, the bike is pretty unique for its blue finishing kit which is mostly Hope including the bottom bracket, floating rotors, skewers. Everything was new except the frame which is a couple of years old.

[/url]

cinnamon_girl

I’m not far away. What size is it?

pjm84
    Free Member

Not far away either… gulp.

Will keep my eyes peeled.

cinnamon_girl

Could I make a polite request that folk reporting stolen bikes post their e-mail in their profile.

That is certainly a distinctive bike and I know where that pic is taken.

Think it’s a medium. My buds away from his computer hence me getting this started for him. Hopefully he’ll be here to answer soon.

Yeah having a bit of stupid moment CG, couldn’t seem to get it up there.

newbers
    Free Member

Cheers for posting that Marcus. It’s an 18″ frame and I still have the boxes for all the components in the front room so I’ll post the full spec, and distinguishing features when I get in. There’s a £200 reward if anyone can help me get it back. Please PM me on here if you have any info, Thanks.

cookeaa

Thank God for that, I read the thread title and thought some sort of comic book villain had made off with a large chunk of Hampshire…

Hope your mate gets his bike back, that gopping colour scheme should help the rozzers.

singletrackmind

Will keep an eye open around Winchester.
    Did it have the blue Panaracers still on it?
    Dont see many of them around at all.

newbers
    Free Member

Cheers, yes it had the blue panaracer XC pros on it when it was stolen.

dobo
    Free Member

will keep an eye out, its a distinctive bike.
    as im local im curious are we talking planned and pinched from a secure location or an opportunity type theft. no need for detail.

newbers
    Free Member

Hi, it was an opportunist theft on a quiet road in a good area.

newbers
    Free Member

Apologies for the longest post ever but here’s the list of components. It was probably only the 4th ride on the bike and therefore the components will be as new. The frame is obviously older a Ti Inbred 456 Lynskey version with the brace and a fairly rare Pewter On-One Metal Head Badge. I hadn’t yet trimmed the braided brake lines so they are still factory length and look noticeably too long on the front of the bike. Also notable is the DMR V12 magnesium pedals in Diamond Black but I had replaced the standard pins with anodized blue ones making them pretty unique. The rear cassette a SRAM PG 990 Cassette is notable as it has a red Anodized Alloy Spider.

1. On-One Inbred 456 Lynskey Titanium Frame Braced model.
    2. 2012 Fox Racing Shox 32 Float FiT 100 RLC Standard QR – Black
    3. Hope Hoops Pro3 SP-XC6 No Tubes Crest Black Wheels – Black
    4. Hope Tech Evo X2 Disc Brakes with Braided Hoses – Silver/Black
    5. Hope Floating (Saw) Rotor 160mm Rear and 183mm Front both in Blue
    6. Chris King Headset – Black
    7. Shimano XT 3×9 Speed Chainset, Shifters, Front / Rear Mech, I took the indicator windows off the shifters.
    8. Hope Stainless Steel Bottom Bracket – Blue
    9. Charge Spoon Leather Saddle With Titanium Rails – Black
    10. Crank Brothers Cobalt 11 XC Carbon Riser Handlebar / 318mm / 680mm / 15mm – Black
    11. Thomson Elite Setback Seat Post 27.2 x 410mm – Black
    12. Thomson Elite X4 Stem 90mm 0° Rise – Black
    13. DMR V12 Magnesium Flat Pedals Diamond Black (REPLACEMENT BLUE PINS)
    14. 2 x Panaracer Fire XC Pro Folding Mountain Bike Tyre 26×2.1 Black/Blue
    15. Hope Steel Rod Quick Release Skewer Set – Blue
    16. Hope QR Seat Post Clamp 34.9mm – Blue
    17. Hope Space Doctor Spacers – Blue
    18. Hope Grip Doctor Bar End Plugs -Blue
    19. Hope Head Doctor Expander – Blue
    20. SRAM PG 990 Cassette / 9 Speed / 1132 (RED ANODIZED SPIDER)
    21. Lizard Skins Logo Lock On Handlebar Grips – Black
    22. LifeLine Titanium Bottle Cage Titanium
    23. Lezyne Chainstay Frame Protectors Black / Silver

Cheers!

andypandy85
    Free Member

couldn’t seem to get it up there.

Hehe…

Lummox

keep my eyes open as other side of m3 to you, when you say opportunistic i’m assuming no break in involved? I ask as local and thinking of my arrangements too.

newbers
    Free Member

Thanks Lummox. It was stolen from Hemlock Way in Valley Park / Chandlers Ford. My girlfriend was doing a 24 hour shift at the Soton General so I’d cycled over to take her dog out. I often take the dog out for a run on the bike through the adjacent woods so I left the bike right outside the front door to run in to get the pup. My girlfriends housemate was unexpectedly in, and who had just suffered a bereavement, so I stopped to talk to her stood just inside the front door. I looked out the door no more than 3 minutes later and it was gone. There was also a car parked on the drive so the thief was particularly brazen and must’ve seen me through the door, albeit facing the other way. May well be a local reprobate, although the police said there has been a spate of thefts by lowlifes at the moment who just drive around nice local estates in a van stealing stuff. It’s a quiet residential street in a good area. I feel so stupid to have left it, even for what would have been seconds, but I guess it just goes to prove that you never can be too careful.

Lummox

Ah gutted for you, but all too easily done, I could see myself doing similar.

I’ll keep an eye out hopefully it’s local and will resurface soon.

cinnamon_girl

Just a thought – presumably there are cameras on the industrial estate that borders the houses, could that have been an escape route?

newbers
    Free Member

Hi CG, thanks for the suggestion but it was stolen from the other side of Knightwood Road, so I guess the chances of it being caught on CCTV are slim. Some of the local shops down there have been kind enough to display some flyers, so hoping if anyone saw it they will come forward.

clump
    Free Member

James,
    Heard about this today from Sarah. Gutting.
    Will keep my eyes peeled round and about the Southampton, Winchester, Andover area.
    Maybe they’ve taken it, out of sympathy, to trim the hoses
    Richard.

newbers
    Free Member

Cheers Richard, appreciate it.

Haven’t you heard the old adage? – Give a thief enough hose and he’ll garrotte himself.

Sorry, poor, but a small bonus that I hadn’t spent the time doing that faff of a job in the end!

Still, really hope it turns up!

newbers
    Free Member

newbers
    Free Member

Another photo from different angle showing a bit more detail, you can see what Richard is talking about with the ridiculous stock length hoses. I took the indicator windows off the shifters which went the other side of the Hope Tech Evo X2 levers to get the reach right. You can see better on this photo all the anodized blue Hope finishing kit incl BB, and that included bar end plugs when the bike was stolen. Thanks.

[/url][/img]

cinnamon_girl

Might be an idea to ask the Lordswood posse to keep their eyes peeled? They have their own thread on here.

newbers
    Free Member

Thanks CG, I’ve just done it, The only proper ride I got on it was round Lordswood having taken my regular route up the bridleway from Castle Lane and past the Chilworth Arms 🙁

soma_rich
    Free Member

I’m in the New Forest I would certainly notice it, so will keep an eye out for it.

Bad luck dude
    Rich

DT78
    Free Member

I’m very local. Will keep an eye out and will mention to my buddies.

newbers
    Free Member

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I took the dog out for a bit of a roam around the local woods and found the water bottle that was on the bike when it was stolen, it was quite a distance off the beaten track, so I think that pretty much rules out anyone out in a van on a thieving spree, must’ve been some local reprobate, no doubt closely resembling the ‘inbred’ man on the frame! 🙄

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Stolen : Southampton area’ is closed to new replies.