Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • STOLEN FROM AMERSHAM *****PRONGHORN*****
  • santac
    Free Member

Stolen today fron DEE,S in Amersham a long travel Pronghorn full XT,Fox Talas,Crossmax sx wheels,Kenda nevegals and Kore finishing kit.
    Please be on the look out around the south bucks area well anywhere !
    Some little toe rag probably doesn't know what he's riding around on but he had the balls to walk the full length of the shop pick it up and walk out!!
    Call me 07828213969

soobalias
    Free Member

being a little toerag myself, i have no idea what a pronghorn is…..

but i will google it and keep my eyes open and get the yoof's to watch for it as well.

bigsi
    Free Member

he had the balls to walk the full length of the shop pick it up and walk out!!

And none of the staff challenged him !!! 😯

soobalias
    Free Member

a pic would be useful.

guessing the shop dont have cctv, but what about amersham high street?

santac
    Free Member

Thats the thing nobody saw anyone! Like it disappeared into thin air http://www.pronghornracing.co.uk/

ddmonkey

It wasn't me! But I'll keep my eyes peeled.

davidrussell
    Free Member

nightmare – sorry to hear that. the King Prawn is a great bike, been riding a demo one for a week or two and very imprssed with it.

tails
    Free Member

wow, not exactly a common bike either, hope it was not a customers bike. I had my bike nicked from down the road in HW the police were beyond useless.

ddmonkey

Is it me or does the amount of scally activity in the area seem to be rising? Burnt out car at the bottom of Holloyway Lane and noticed a few big lumps of concrete dumped in the middle of the road while I was out on the bike sunday night….

Trimix
    Free Member

If it was nicked from the shop I assume it was insured, or does it have to be locked up to be covered like a home insurance policy ?

tails
    Free Member

Don't know if it is specifically your area i think it is the whole band around greater london, more scum there than in the whole of London. If the opportunity arises thump them, it's the only language they understand.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i would head to bricklane on a sunday there is always bikes for sale up there!!

most come from surrounding areas (so i have been told)

santac
    Free Member

not insured as you say has to be locked down! I reckon it was an oppotunist as it was the only bike in the shop that had pedals fitted.

Baldysquirt

My parents live in Amersham, and it's one place I didn't expect to see on a thread like this. Is this type of thing becoming more of an issue in the area?

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I live just down the road, will keep eyes peeled!

Sam

I'm in the general area as well – will keep an eye out. Is it the one with the funky ball catching top tube shock?

santac
    Free Member

yep thats the one "the king prawn nut cracker"

jamie@balfa
    Free Member

If the bike was in the shop for repair then it is down to the shop. Once they have accepted the bike, they have a responsibility to ensure it is safe.

If however you took it in with you, then i have no idea??

J

BigDummy
    Free Member

While obviously bike theft is rubbish, I have a sneaking admiration for the brass balls involved here…

theheckler
    Free Member

took it in with me to meet with the rep .So in effect I had not taken it to the shop

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN FROM AMERSHAM *****PRONGHORN*****’ is closed to new replies.