Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Stolen BMW steering wheel
  • oomidamon

For 3 years my 6L V12 Mercedes CL had sat unlocked with the ignition open wherever I parked it!

Oops! A couple at my work have a Tesla Model X, which opens the doors and adjusts the seat according to which one of them is approaching. However, it also opens at the push of a button and will often do so while they’re sat close to it inside the office – a careless touch of the key is all it takes.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

For 3 years my 6L V12 Mercedes CL had sat unlocked with the ignition open wherever I parked it!

On the plus side, at least you now have an excuse to say

my 6L V12 Mercedes CL

on the internet.

peekay

my 6L V12 Mercedes CL
    on the internet.

Brilliant!

onewheelgood

They can capture the button press (ie when in the carpark) then replay that recording outside your house

Except that for any modern car this is a one-time code and will be ignored by the car if repeated.

Milkie
    Free Member

I keep my key in one of these:

RFID Blocking Bag

I can confirm it works! As long as I remember to put it in the bag. 🙄

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Have you considered a Momo Prototipo ?

mmmmm

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

From what I read about the keyfob attack, a small gadget blocks and stores the keyfob signal when you press the button to unlock the car, so you then have to press it a 2nd time.

The gadget then releases the 1st keyfob signal to unlock car and stores the 2nd keyfob to use later when you are not around.

It has to do this because the signals must be used in the correct order.

Did you have to press the keyfob twice to open the car?

EDIT Actually it seems there’s loads of ways of doing it…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

my 6L V12 Mercedes CL
    on the internet.

🙂

And I can say a replaced it with a Kleemann S8 SLK but you might have to Google that one

chip
    Free Member

Before I had some sympathy for WCA, but now I hope his foot falls off.

No, I’m not jealous at all.

woffle
    Free Member

This reminds me of the 80s and 90’s with people using removable bosses to stop their Momo steering wheel wheel being stolen

🙂

Had that with my Mk1 MX5 – stopped both the car + the steering wheel being nicked!

(..and I ‘think’ Kleeman used to be based just down the road from us in Sussex – not sure if they’re still about)

muzz
    Free Member

When I read about all these needless ‘luxuries’ that come on fancy new cars I feel lucky I prefer an old car

cubist
    Free Member

And I can say a replaced it with a Kleemann S8 SLK but you might have to Google that one

Thats special….

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

now I hope his foot falls off. – Consultant reckons I have a 70%+ chance of the planned January operation being successful so that means somewhere between 20-30% chance of you getting your wish!

Mine is in a slightly more ‘masculine’ black

MaryHinge
    Free Member

WCA – I remember the post when you bought that Kleenman thing.

And I love that your CL spent three years basically open to all and nothing happened. Just shows how safe things really are.

I drive a 13 year old 235k miles Honda. With central locking that doesn’t now due to a sticky drivers door lock. So I don’t bother locking it.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Stolen BMW steering wheel’ is closed to new replies.