Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Stolen bike turned up on eBay – what to do?
  • richcc
    Free Member

My brother's stolen bike has turned up on eBay. Unfortunately he's not got a record of the serial number. Will police do anything without that?

Any recommendations for what to do?

njee20
    Free Member

Shop he bought it from? Photos of bike?

wwaswas

contact your local CID for advice.

Or get Jedi on the case.

clubber
    Free Member

And don't post a link to it on here or well meaning people will probably spook the seller asking questions.

wwaswas

agree with clubber – I'd try and keep it quiet until you get the bike back.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

contact the police now. They should advise you

May be worth having a mate unconnected with the area contact seller offering to buy it off ebay – they will probably prefer that – then get police to meet them to "buy" the bike. Just make sure it is definately your bike.

Where was this BTW?

richcc
    Free Member

Will take clubber's advice and stay quiet at the moment

Johnbot
    Free Member

Let us know what you do and how it works out 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Arrange to pick up. Take some mates.

sangobegger
    Free Member

BIG MATES!!!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Take the stw hard men round.

richcc
    Free Member

Is there a STW pair of Bombers with the serial number filed off that one can borrow for these occasions?

jedi

you dont need the serial number just proff of ownership.in my case photos.
    police or big mates 🙂

johni
    Free Member

As Jedi says photos. Police were useless when we found my mate's bike on eBay. We even got the serial number off the seller and confirmed it was his. The police did nothing. Someone bought the bike and the Police told him he could keep it but not sell it. Mate still didn't get it back though! 🙁

chunkypaul
    Free Member

contact the police now. They should advise you

laughs…!

my local police force (chester) was utterly useless in exactly the same scenario…. even with photos, serial numbers etc.

although in the end the winner of the auction was tipped off it was stolen (via someone off this site) so they reported it to their local police force (winsford) and e-bay (so that their bid would be sorted out) police took back the bike and cautioned the seller

best make sure you can prove it is your brothers and not the insurers (if they have paid out for it), then win the auction and get police and e-bay involved

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Best to contact the cops even if they do nothing – if you took anything into your own hands having not spoken to them you'll be in more shit than if you do. Cover your ass!

Or turn up to pick the bike up, take the reg number of the car – then phone the police and tell them you saw the driver with a gun. They'll do something then.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Plod are worse than useless, friends motorcycle got nicked, parts turned up on ebay and they are just not interested.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Stolen bike turned up on eBay – what to do?’ is closed to new replies.