Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Stolen Bike Content – Thetford Area
  • mrben100
    Free Member

FFS – unbelievable, back in september 09 had my trek fuel ex 8 2009 stolen. Woke up this morning to find the trek fuel ex 9 2010 I had to replace the one that was nicked has also been stolen last night.

That's it I'm not going get another one – it's just not worth it 🙁

flatfish
    Free Member

Gaurantee it was the same scrotes.

jonnymojo
    Free Member

Sorry to hear this buddy. WTF is wrong with people. Where did they steal it from?

mrben100
    Free Member

Stole from garage – had extra padlocks on garage door – had bike double locked to a steal frame concreted to the garage floor.

The bar-stewards cut through the frame it was locked to, after forcing the garage door and ripping the padlocks off the frame.

Might take up running it's a lot less expensive and hassle to replace if someone nicks you're running shoes!

MrNutt
    Free Member

if you keep your bike in your house you could get the chance to beat the living hell out of the scum!

mrben100
    Free Member

Trek's picture of the bike in case anyone in the areas spotss anything.

Cheers

Rocketdog36
    Free Member

sorry to hear v sad 😥

mark.laird
    Free Member

Will keep em peeled – I'm in Ipswich

jedi

i keep them peeled in hertford

Curly68
    Free Member

Are you from Thetford or near? They have been busy around there recently.
    This is from the Thetford MTB site
    "STOLEN BIKES
    Some skum bags last night in – god knows what temp broke into a member of the Thetford MTB Team and stole his and his wifes bikes in Thetford, they had to remove a window from his shed which is about 2 foot by 2 foot, remove the bars, they tried the door but could not get the 3rd lock off, So they had to take the bikes apart and pass them out the window.
    Bikes taken
    Whyte 19 polished frame, gold drop outs (16 inch) complete bike, lots of very expensive parts
    Titus Racer X Black, blue decals (18 inch) complete bike, lots of expensive Parts.
    Ladys Contesa, (not sure on the spec
    If you see these bike around or ebay Please let us know"

And they aren't the only ones. Again from the Thetford MTB site.
    "My 2006 Marin rift zone was stolen from my garage just before xmas. I had just upgraded the rear mech to shadow xt too
    It has a drop nose selle saddle on it along with my polar speed sensor, XT hollowtech cranks, esposure light clamp etc.
    Whilst it is not the most expensive bike around I shall be keeping my eyes peeled for it at Thetford."

Hope you get it back. Drop into the local Halfords. I had a bike nicked and some of it truned up there and one of the chaps recognised my forks and called the cops.

stanfree
    Free Member

Sad news beautifull looking bike. 🙁

jd-boy
    Free Member

Guarantee its the same Skum that had the TmtbR riders bikes, just be sure to block your garage door with the car or keep the bikes in the house.

mrben100
    Free Member

I know, last night is the first time in about 3 months that we didn't push the car right up in fornt of the garage.

Must have been waiting for the opportunity to arise……..or there's a 'spotter' in the street that tipped them off.

Yes curly68, I do in fact live in Thetford. The sooner we're out of here the better.

sofaking
    Free Member

put it in as a favourite search on ebay incase they put it on there.

mrben100
    Free Member

I have done numerous ebay searches.

Trouble is, if the bike or its components get put on, its trying to guess what they will list it as. Just doing general searches…………not sure if bike theives are specific on their adverts in case they get tracked down?

rents
    Free Member

What was the frame Number? will keep my eyes open in the peterborough area ;0)
    Think Ebay should make sellers list the frame numbers on bikes/frames before they can be sold. Same for the classifieds on here. People must be buying these stolen bikes else there wouldnt be a market for them.
    List the frame numbers or get your add deleted?

jedi

look on gumtree.com

mrben100
    Free Member

Have checked out gumtree – no luck so far.

I assume that as the frame is the only thing with the serial number, they'll strip it and sell the components and chuck the frame?

This makes searching on ebay and others sites a needle in a haystack.

Likelyhood is it'll end up at a market somewhere where it is probably less tracable?

jedi

advertise in the local paper saying how much its worth.
    appeal to thier greed and they wont split it and will sell it complete and high priced

mrben100
    Free Member

Going to send info into local paper tomorrow. Good thinking about stating the price, hadn't thought of that.

I know though in my heart of hearts I wont be seeing it again though.

All be it valuable to me, I appreciate the police aren't going to turn the region upside down trying to find it.

Especially with the amount that seem to get stolen in areas with any form of biking facilities.

jedi

dont give up!!!!

midlifecrashes

Gutted for you, gorgeous bikes. Don't give up.

jedi

there has to be a link to other bikes stolen.
    drive around and see.
    the snow helps as you can follow your tread pattern in the snow.

i did 🙂

Curly68
    Free Member

A long shot maybe but have you ridden at Brandon Country Park recently? A red Citroen Saxo had been seen there recently on numerous times, loaded up with "lads". I think someone on the Thetford MTB site got their number. They could have been scouting and picking up registration numbers perhaps?

mrben100
    Free Member

Last time I rode, was wales, last weekend of november.

Bike has been locked up in the garage since whilst I had been waiting for delivery of a new bolt to replace the one I sheared which holds the saddle to the seatpost. Sods law it will be delivered tomorrow to rub it in.

Up until that point I ride/rode thetford every weekend.

Saw about the red citroen on the mtbthetford forum. cheers

singletrackmind

If you want it back then why not offer a substantial cash reward??
    I don't mean like £50 . Enough so the 'honor amongst thieves' code is broken, or they can go out and buy a few gm's with the reward.
    Up to you if you try to sting them, or obtain a sniper rifle.
    You have nothing to loose by sticking a few ads in some paper shops / Tesco / Aldi / Lidl / Local newspaper.
    Northern Industrial Tools sell date / time stamp video still cameras . Bet they come creeping round your gaff at 3am to have looksee.
    A few 500W floodlights at a height enough to deter being bashed with a stick . . .stable door horse . . . . . . coat

Hope you get it back , and mash the feckers heads in

tommid
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that mate,
    I am Downham market way so i will keep an eye out around here and around Thetford and Cambridge.
    Anything distinguishing about it?

project
    Free Member

Call Jedi, he has the force with him.

Sadly it sounds a repeat burglary as they know you would replace the old one.

Stripe
    Free Member

B'stads ! Feel for you mate.

As said, it sounds like a repeat burglary. My bet is they will be back again – thinking you will have replaced
    it yet again.

Get yourself a mini DVR camera that you can hide – get all your kit out & in the house (if poss) and nab the gits when they do come back !

You can borrow my 7 iron if you like!! (perfect club for all situations) !

Suggsey
    Free Member

Check out smoke cloak, see if they do fits to private premsies. was in a Tesco garage when one went off, very very disorientating.
    Also ask your local police crime prevention officers if there are any smart water traps that they can install for when you get your replacement bike. Or a slavering angry dog with the appropriate warning signs on the garage door.

mrben100
    Free Member

Already decided not to bother to replace until we've left thetford…..not worth the hassle. Knowing somones watching waiting for you to let your guard down isn't a nice feeling. I will now be considered a future target.

Tommid……only thing non stock about it was that I replaced the SPD's with DMR V12 magnesium flat pedals in white.

.duncan
    Free Member

hmm v12s on a bike like that might be quite rare 🙂

don't give up hope!

scuttler

Jedi – there's nowt in mountain bike skills courses compared to vigilante-ism in tracking down stolen bikes. Definitely time to expand. The local neds will be s#$tting themselves when they know you're in the case.

I'm struggling not to mention the using the forc…

jedi

🙂

mrben100
    Free Member
    afield23
    Free Member

I know this isn't going to help at all, but when I last went to Bikeart 2 months ago we saw a similar bike to yours. It stood out because the guys riding the bikes didn't have any of the usual riding gear on, just jeans and jumpers if my memory serves me right. It might have been yourself I don't know, but when someone has a bike like that they usually have the appropriate clothing to go with it. It's a longshot, but maybe it's still in the area – I often go to thetford so will keep my eyes peeled, plus i live in Norwich so will keep checking in Mousehold in case they come down this way. All the best mate, I know what its like to have your pride and joy stolen, difference is I caught the guy riding mine a week later and i'm 6'2" and 16 stone…….. 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

Anything useful on mousehold ?.

S.

odannyboy
    Free Member

oi, that d lock thread was me and im no thief! i was more concerned about keeping my pride and joy.

you have my sympathy tho, ive had bike stolen in the past.it sucks.

maxlite
    Free Member

The B______ds

….this is why I don't leave any decent bikes in the garage

afield23
    Free Member

Just been looking on the old ebay and there is a similar bike to yours '3 months old' for sale, could be perfectly genuine but ya never know! did yours have any marks distinguishing it?

Item number 280482660592

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Bike Content – Thetford Area’ is closed to new replies.