Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Still no buttons
  • Spin
    Free Member

The quote etc buttons disappeared for me a while ago.

Is this a fault or just how things are now? If it’s a fault, how do I report it?

sc-xc

The quote etc buttons disappeared for me a while ago.

Here for me (Android)

fazzini

I had no formatting tools for posts the other day. Logged out and back in. Now I have the ‘fancy’ editor tools, but no longer have the option to switch those to the non-fancy versions like previously. Android here.

weeksy

IT’s a feature of the forum being completely borked.

When i read this post it said Fazzini 7seconds… If i refresh the page it says Fazzini 7 seconds…. then in about 10 minutes, it’ll see someone else posted. When i came in there was showing as 1 reply, but 2 had replied.

I get this a LOT.

It’s not the fact that the buttons don’t work that irks slightly, it’s the lack of communication as to why and what’s being done. I can accept things go wrong and don’t work…. but ignoring it isn’t the way forward.

weeksy

When i read this post it said Fazzini 7seconds… If i refresh the page it says Fazzini 7 seconds…. then in about 10 minutes, it’ll see someone else posted. When i came in there was showing as 1 reply, but 2 had replied.

I get this a LOT.

It’s not the fact that the buttons don’t work that irks slightly, it’s the lack of communication as to why and what’s being done. I can accept things go wrong and don’t work…. but ignoring it isn’t the way forward.

edit. and then a 502 error and duplicate post as i’m trying to write this 😀

edit edit. Post above mine is showing 49s ago…. this one showing 2 mins ago…. Both were 5 mins ago i posted 😀

Spin
    Free Member

I had no formatting tools for posts the other day. Logged out and back in.

That worked, cheers.

That’s the root cause but one thing at a time…

ElShalimo

They work for me (today) but have been very temperamental recently

Screenshot_2024-03-28-07-27-53-43_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

chipster

No buttons for me. I can’t even try the logging out and back in trick, ’cause that button’ s gone, too.
    Pixel 6.

ads678

I’ve got buttons on Chrome desk top.

Capture

scotroutes

I have the buttons too.

Also Pixel 6/Chrome

ads678

And on chrome on pixel 7a.

Screenshot_20240328-084244

chipster

The buttons are back.

Ambrose

Mine are still away on holiday.

ossify

I have fancy buttons but no option to switch to the basic editor for the last couple of days (that I’ve noticed).

Chrome on PC

DickBarton

Don’t think I’ve ever seen those buttons – what editor are you using? Think I’m on the basic one.

The quote thing is easy enough to type – square brackets round the word quote then paste the wording you want to quote and then square brackets round the word quote with a ‘/’ before the word quote.

I’ve not used anything else so never needed the button options.

What am I not really missing?

Ambrose

Yay, buttons are back.  Thanks fazzini.

DSC_0684

MoreCashThanDash

Theres another thread running where I learnt that there’s an option in Preferences under your profile  to enable “fancy editor”,  which fixed it for me last night.

Not sure if that only applies to members.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.