Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • Sterling goes to Citeh for £49million
  • allthepies
    Free Member

Good riddance.

Kerrching.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

£49 million for someone who has done nothing, proven even less and has a stinking attitude.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1cLOIxsQ8[/video]

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Warming the bench by November. Good business by the Mickeys and they’ve still got Ibe.

loddrik
    Free Member

Thank **** for that. Hugely overrated. Too inconsistent. Bad temperament. Great bit of business. Spend as much as possible on someone who can actually score consistently.

What we’d give for a young Robbie Fowler nowadays.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Liverpools best player leaves the club, second season in a row. Brendan out?

Good money though

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Good business although Liverpool will manage to piss it against a wall somewhere. 😀

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Is he actually any good? The answer is no based on what i’ve seen so far.

eruptron
    Free Member

So Liverpool sell another of their top players proving their mid table ambition.
    Brenda can now spend some top dollar on more average players.
    Liverpool have manufactured Sterling as the problem when they have been as appalling over the saga as Sterling when maybe he’s just got more desire to win things and improve himself.
    He’d gone as far as he could with Liverpool and he’d told them so in February He want’s chance to win things not to listen to people harping on about how good their history was.
    Maybe he wants chance to have a little bit of his own history.
    He also doesn’t get on with his manager allegedly and if anyone else didn’t I guess they’d get a new job.
    City may have paid over the odd’s but that’s the price you pay for home grown players.
    He’s 20 so if he reaches the potential that is clearly there then City could have a player that could help them to more silverware for the next 10 years which would make his fee look like a drop in the ocean.
    Now he’s left one of the Sky 4 then he’ll get his character slaughtered by the media.So I hope he has thick skin and we’ll really see what character he has.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Playing in behind SAS he was very good yeah, but as shown, they made the rest of Liverpool look almost European class (even Rodgers) for a season. A bit of weight of responsibility on his shoulders and he was lacking. I imagine now that he’s left Liverpool he will soon look world class again. Probably be wearing a champions league medal this time next year. 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

mid-table ambition

more average players.

harping on about how good their history was

Another couple and I’ve got a line.

*sits on edge of seat*

binners

Crazy money for someone who couldn’t hit a cows are with a banjo. I look forward to watching him spooning it into row Z at wastelands next season, until he’s relegated to warming the bench for a couple of seasons, before being quietly ushered out on loan to Villa or Stoke.

Isn’t it now traditional for Liverpool to now spank most of that transfer fee on an even bigger donkey? 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah binbins is here.

*gets card back out *

eruptron
    Free Member

Another couple and I’ve got a line

mid-table ambition

more average players

harping on about how good their history was

[/quote]Isn’t it now traditional for Liverpool to now spank most of that transfer fee on an even bigger donkey

Best warm the banjo up 😉

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Who is this Firminho guy that Liverpool have signed?

binners

200 grand a week salary apparently. His agent seems like a total bell end, but fair play to him negotiating a £170,000 a week pay rise

binners
    dragon
    Free Member

City are idiots paying for that overpriced waste of space. Insane. His stats last season were awful. As for City winning the champions league 🙄 Got to get out of the group first.

eruptron
    Free Member

Who is this Firminho guy that Liverpool have signed

Signed!! Did you not know he’s come from their youth ranks they don’t spend money on player especially obscene amounts!!
    Andy **cough cough** 😆

eruptron
    Free Member

he’s the saviour

Interesting really they’ll pay 28mill and 250k p/w to an unproven Brazilian but they wouldn’t give the going rate to a player they already have.
    I think most people in a job would be pretty p!ssed at that.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Dunno – I’d say he’s as proven if not more than Sterling. Ten caps for Brazil with 4 goals as opposed to 16 England caps and a single solitary goal for Sterling.

eruptron
    Free Member

To be fair he’s playing a different position the point is Liverpool thought they were being smart with him and it’s bitten them on the ar5e.
    If any of us had been treated as shoddy has him then we’d have started a thread on here and everyone would have chipped up to say move on get another job.
    Why would being a footballer be any different?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say they’ve had their arse bitten, nearly 50 million for an inconsistent, moody wee whiner?. How has he been treated badly? If I was a Liverpool fan, which I’m not, I’d be delighted to get so much money for someone who clearly doesn’t want to be there.

martinhutch

Little gobshite. Is that really the best we could do with £49 million?

eruptron
    Free Member

To be fair Liverpool fans were telling us this boy was the next best thing a few months ago and wouldn’t have wanted him to go. He’s now the spawn of Satan receiving racial abuse and abuse towards his family.
    He’s been treated poorly by Liverpool whatever the media try to tell us. They didn’t put down a decent contract so he told them he’s off so the fault is at the feet of LFC.
    They and their fans will now demonise this lad while holding a candle up to a player that has been banned for racial comment and had a habit of biting his opponents and undoubtedly cost them the league with what he did and the lengthy bans he received.
    It’s a strange world we live in

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Do you have insider knowledge of this ‘treatment’? Interested to know what you mean.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Great deal and a relief for L’pool fans I expect

Key is to invest money wisely – that risk is real and large. Recent history does not fill one with much comfort!

dragon
    Free Member

I’m no Liverpool fan but I think they offered him a perfectly decent contract considering this year he was pretty sh*t. Also it wasn’t Liverpool that did a cringe worthy interview with the BBC. Hopefully Stirling will vanish into the depths. The real winner from this is his money grabbing agent.

MSP

Also it wasn’t Liverpool that did a cringe worthy interview with the BBC.

You have clearly never watched BR blowing smoke up liverpools fans arses in every interview he does.

eruptron
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    Do you have insider knowledge of this ‘treatment’? Interested to know what you mean.

Nope it’s as well documented as him being a whinging whiner. Press talk and speculation. Unless you have insider knowledge that gives you your opinion?. Other than that it’s all opinion on a forum.
    I’m just trying to balance the thing out as it’s two sided thing like when any employee falls out with their employer.

slackalice
    Free Member

allthepies – Member
    Good riddance.

Kerrching.

+ lots. Very good business done by Liverpool FC.

scaredypants

+ lots. Very good business done by Liverpool FC.

and Sterling, let’s not forget

slackalice
    Free Member

Possibly, but IMO he’s just about to get found out for not actually being all that special.

lunge

Fair play to him. He’s got himself a huge pay rise, a chance to win some trophies and a manager who he gets on with. There is no loyalty in football, we all know that, so why the suprise/disgust at him doing so?

Is he worth that much? Well, as is often said about people posting bikes on the classified section, he’s worth what someone is willing to pay, lots in this case.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

You have clearly never watched BR blowing smoke up liverpools fans arses in every interview he does.

And don’t they love it!
    Shirt lifters, not Cup lifters!
    The club has a history that few in Europe, nay, the World, can match, and certainly none in England, but they’ve been living off it for years.
    But so were Real Madrid…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Did someone write “blowing smoke up the arses”?

My card is nearly full.

scaredypants

citeh badly need pace and a “runner”, l’pool just need somebody else

good business all-round (if he’s any good)

(… and I’m guessing that now the new TV money’s in, these are small outlays for either club)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Nope it’s as well documented as him being a whinging whiner. Press talk and speculation. Unless you have insider knowledge that gives you your opinion?. Other than that it’s all opinion on a forum.
    I’m just trying to balance the thing out as it’s two sided thing like when any employee falls out with their employer.

The whole episode has been born of his neediness, not turning up for club tour being the most obvious symptom.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Anyway, you seem to be feeling slightly sorry for RS Eruptron, possibly time to recalibrate your empathy.

eruptron
    Free Member

The whole episode has been born of HIS neediness

As I said Press talk and speculation we really don’t know what’s really gone on.
    If it was the other way round this would have been dealt with by the media in a completely different manner.
    Rather than trying to destroy the lad as one of England’s brightest prospects like they have with nearly ever other before him the English media should hope he goes to a club where he is content and he fulfills his potential.

mrhoppy

^^ or he could goto citeh and get paid vast amounts to warm the bench wasting away like so many before him.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Sterling goes to Citeh for £49million’ is closed to new replies.