Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Sterling goes to Citeh for £49million
  • MSP

Basically, it is Jimmy Hill’s fault.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I don’t get it, I don’t get why Football Players get paid so much.

Sky and BT Sport have paid a record £5.136bn for live Premier League TV rights for three seasons from 2016-17.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31357409

Football sells, it’s something people want to watch, it’s popular. It sells Sky TV Subs, it fills pubs (with Sky TV Subs) and many other things.

The money goes to the clubs, topped up by rich owners who want to play a game and then the money gets shared out to get the best people you can.

Do better get more money

UEFA Champions League 2015 Prize Money Fund Distribution:
    STAGE MONEY
    Runner Ups €6.5 million
    Final €10.5 million
    Market Pool (TV Money) 75% of the total revenue from TV media rights and commercial contracts, up to a maximum of €530m goes to clubs according to the market value of the team

It’s quite simple.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

didn’t take Rodgers long to spunk the cash (although i read half now, half in instalments)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33585186

dragon
    Free Member

It sells Sky TV Subs, it fills pubs

I think this isn’t so true anymore, the pubs I’ve spoken to recently said football doesn’t really bring in anyone anymore apart from for really large games like the Champions league final.

NB: Sky have lost the Champions league to BT, and I know quite a few folk cancelling Sky subscriptions as a result (will be interesting to see Sky’s reported figures by the end of the year).

Personally I think this latest round of bidding for TV rights will be the peak of the market and companies will realise they can’t pay that amount and make money.

weeksy

We take it back. Raheem Sterling scores 140 seconds into his Man City debut.

lol

binners

32 million for Benteke?!! 😯

I see Rodgers has learnt his lessons from the whole Balotelli thing then? And spaffed another load of cash on a player hardly renowned for their workrate, who has a tendency to go missing for large chunks of the season.

As a United fan can I just say what a fantastic purchase that is 😆

weeksy

the things people often forget when discussing transfers is

“who else could they have bought”

There’s discussions about Lacazette, Higuain etc, but realistically Benteke was the best who’d come currently and available.

Rockape63
    Free Member

As a United fan can I just say what a fantastic purchase that is

people in glass houses and all that…… 😉

weeksy

Rockape63 – Member

As a United fan can I just say what a fantastic purchase that is

people in glass houses and all that……

Indeed, especially since their striker last season cost about 1/2 that in a loan deal for the season !

We won’t even go into the Valdes situation as that’s just insane.

jamesmio
    Free Member

…spaffed another load of cash on a player hardly renowned for their workrate…

Erm…

– Good as I think he is, £37.1m for Mata?

– £28m for Veron?

– £20m for Anderson?

– £27m for Fellaini?

– £30.75m for Berbatov?

– £15m for Zaha?

Every club and manager makes the odd howler signing, Man Utd are far, far from excluded… 😉

dirtyrider
    Free Member

you missed Bebe

whats the Valdes situation?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Here’s the thing though – Veron was signed for £28m in 2001. Given how transfer fees have escalated that’s probably the equivalent of £90m today. That’s a hefty mistake.

Rockape63
    Free Member

rm…

– Good as I think he is, £37.1m for Mata?

– £28m for Veron?

– £20m for Anderson?

– £27m for Fellaini?

– £30.75m for Berbatov?

– £15m for Zaha?

Thats ancient history….I was thinking about last season! 😯

binners

So an Anderson and a Zaha add up to an Andy Carrol? 😀

Rockape63
    Free Member

So an Anderson and a Zaha add up to an Andy Carrol?

Who knows, but I do know the combined salaries of RVP, Falcao, Di Maria and Mata over the past 12 months add up to……….£42,000,000!!!!!

dooosuk
    Free Member

You might laugh at Benteke singing but only Aguero (55), Suarez (53) and RvP (44) have scored more premier league goals than he has (42) since he joined the league.

Could go either way imo.

Garry_Lager

Used to really like Benteke.

Great piece of transfer business from Liverpool – ship out Sterling, Ben Ten incoming and trouser 15 million? Verily, the sun does indeed shine on a dog’s arse every once in a while.

Benteke’s a fantastic player, knows the league – he’ll bang in 20+ next season easy.

binners

Its going to be interesting to see which way it goes. Benteke looked like he just couldn’t be arsed under Lambert. Mind you… neither did the rest of the squad. And why would you? But he looked a different player under Sherwood

So it’ll be interesting to see if Brenda can inspire him like Sherwood clearly did. I wouldn’t be confident. I think Sherwood is a far better manager when it comes to motivating players. As his FA Cup demolition of you lot proved perfectly. They’d been dire prior to him turning up, then they turned you over!

And the expeience of balotelli doesn’t bode well. I reckon you’ll nd up with more goals from Ings, definitely

weeksy

Ings looked like he couldn’t score in a brothel with a pocket full of £20’s the other day in Oz 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

meanwhile somewhere in East Manchester new City signings Raheem Sterling and Fabian Delph have been spotted wandering the streets…

Rockape63
    Free Member

^^^ lol! 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

honestly the more shocking news is several once thought extinct species of spider have been found on Tyneside when Mike Ashley opened the cheque book not once but twice
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33580296
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33474195

Frankenstein
    Free Member

So basically overrated as any other player then.

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Sterling goes to Citeh for £49million’ is closed to new replies.