Home Forums Bike Forum Stem Tool Kit

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Stem Tool Kit
  • astura
    Free Member

I’m after a Stem tool set to go under the top cap.

Any good experiences with these, anything I need to be aware of before buying,

razorrazoo

My bike came with a Specialized Swat tool, I’ve replaced it with a star nut and top cap as the spring under the tool kept jamming. Asking it difficult to remove the tool.  I carry the EDC tool in my oneup pump.

kiwijohn

The One Up EDC is really good.
    Alas it won’t fit in a Factory 38 so it now has to live in the pump.

I’ve had a oneup, was good, then a granite, which was also good.

I just used to neglect them in the winter and they’d rust.

I’ve gone back to a standard topcap.

I have a granite sat here doing nothing if you want it.

honourablegeorge

Had the oneup EDC since it came out, have top caps in all the bikes so I can swap it onto whatever Im riding, it’s a brilliant thing. No rust issues

The EDC lite is good too, much cheaper and quick to fit, but you dont get the tubeless plugs, chain tool, etc.

@kiwijohn
    the threadless carrier they do now fits the 38 as long as your steerer isn’t very short.

Onzadog
    Free Member

@kiwijohn there is some variance. I have a standard threaded EDC, with storage tube in my 2023 fix factory 38. It’s snug, but it doesn’t rattle.

escrs
    Free Member

I have a Granite RT Stash tool on the XC bike, Spesh Swat tool on the E-MTB and the Colnago CC01 on my road bike

The Granite ratchet tool is my fave to use although you need to be careful when using near grass etc.. as if you drop one of the bits it can be a bugger to find

All have been faultless, on the XC bike ive also got the Granite Stash chain tool and Granite Stash tubeless repair kit in each bar end along with their frame strap holding an inner tube, tyre levers and CO2 cartridge and pump head, all very good kit and it means i dont have to carry a bag and the only thing in my pocket is my phone and bank card

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

Another one for EDC but I have only used it in the pump since investigating as find it easier to move between bikes that way and keeps all the essentials in one place.

James

dc1988

Love my OneUp EDC, not cheap but worth every penny IMO

mildred

I have an EDC lite in both bikes – I really like it for “tweeks on the go”. I have a granite chain splitter in my hollowtech crank axle & muc off tyre plugs in my bar ends.

v7fmp

Interesting about the EDC being tight in the 38’s.

i have one in my Zebs. Been fine for ages. I then swapped frame and shortened the steerer tube. Now I need the strength of he-man to remove it and use the tool…. But I don’t get it, as the internal steerer tube is straight…non?!

quentyn

I have a oneup EDC in my steerer of my mountain Mike and the same in the pump attached to my gravel bike.

I really like them and they’re pretty much the only tool they carry apart from a spare tube (if I can’t get the tubeless to seal

Lummox

Think some of the 38’s have an oval steerer. Mine does although they’re e bike ones. I just removed the plastic extension and used the co2 thread to attach a generic Chinese tubeless tool by cutting the top off an old co2 cart and using that to thread the tool to the edc.

astura
    Free Member

Thanks all! Relapsed Mandorin sent you a PM

jamesoz
    trail_rat
    Free Member

A non rusting granite designs rt in my stem here. But my steerer is closed at the bottom which may be helping.

One up completely out of the question for me as carbon steerer + pricy tool + poor mobility between bikes.

Sucker punch is the granite designs kit is nice and well thought out. Got the chaintool and anchovie kit in the bottoms of my woodchoppers and the cricket bell is very handy on my local shared path.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.