• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tor5.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stanton Slackline (new bike content)
  • tor5
    Free Member

So, the PSA over here was caused by a fairly sweary build process using the garden furniture and careful balancing to put this beauty together:

picked it up yesterday from the chaps at tamed earth after my chumba hx1 developed a fairly terminal crack in the seat stay:

Super excited to take it out later today, it’s a great looking thing IMHO with some cool details in the frame.

Incidentally, if anyone is interested, Chumba agreed immediately to warranty the frame, but as they’re discontinued they don’t have my size available. They did offer the HX2 29er instead, but that would mean new wheels and forks. they also made me an offer for an EVO G2 or one of their new range – if anyone wants one get in touch and we could work something out

chrishc777
    Free Member

Nicest bike I’ve seen this morning, specially that colour! Well done. What sort of weight does it come to?

tor5
    Free Member

Thanks! Not sure on weight TBH, don’t have scales to check. If I get a chance I’ll pop in to the shop (it’s on my local loop) and get it weighed!

It feels light, but then my other bike is a Knolly chilcotin with 36s, flows and a ccdba!

Gordymac
    Free Member

Nice, Stanton’s just look right.

What size is that?

tor5
    Free Member

It’s 18″, they’re pretty long, 24″ ETT and low, had to ransack the shed for every spacer I had! reckon I’ll end up taking another 20mm or so off the steerer. Long, low and short stays – looking forward to a play later this afternoon

pieman
    Free Member

yep…sure looks fun!

How did you find the HX1 at 150mm, I have one to build and just goin over my fork choice??

Si

AlexSimon

I think I may have conjunctivitis

tor5
    Free Member

TBH 150 full time is a bit too much, ended up with quite a high front end and wandering on climbs. It did feel pretty bomb proof descending at that travel though. I’d recommend no more than 140 unless you have dual position

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Slackline (new bike content)’ is closed to new replies.