Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Stag ideas
  • ell_tell
    Free Member

So myself and another friend are joint best men for a friend of ours who is also my riding buddy.

All 3 of us have been on so many stag do’s recently and as they have all followed the same format – night out in a UK city Fri, activities Sat, karting, paintball etc, night out Sat and home Sun – I fancied doing something a little different.

I had in mind kayaking/camping or even narrow boating. However, due to costs, dates, availability and so on it looks like we’re possibly heading to Birmingham, which I guess opens up the possibility of riding at Cannock as I reckon the stag would enjoy that and the non riding lot can join us later on. Storage of bikes might be an issue though.

Anyway, I guess what I’m asking is what fun and different from your usual run of the mill activities are there in and around Birmingham? Is Cannock the only nearby location to involve some riding? And lastly, if anyone has any cool ideas feel free to pass em on.

Cheers in advance 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Would it not be better to try something a bit out of the ordinary – rather than the mountain bikey boys off having their fun while everybody else who doesn’t do it having bugger all to do until you come back talking about your rad to the power of gnar afternoon of biking? (not having a go)

It’s best to pick an activity that the whole group can do so that you an all have a laugh about it in the evening (if that’s possible).

ell_tell
    Free Member

I see what you’re saying, but to avoid that I was planning of going biking first thing Fri with the stag and the other few that ride, with the non riding and those that can’t make it down until the evening joining later.

I know it would wind me up if I was hanging around for others so obviously want to avoid that.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I was planning of going biking first thing Fri with the stag and the other few that ride, with the non riding and those that can’t make it down until the evening joining later.

WIN! 🙂

I’ve had some great BikeStags in Wales, at CYB/Afan/Brechfa/Mach etc. A weekend in Machynlleth can be great for all. Riders and non riders. Perhaps playing with quads/clays etc. Maybe coasteering in Pembrokeshire, as another example.

ojom
    Free Member

city treasure hunt style thing?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve had some great BikeStags in Wales, at CYB/Afan/Brechfa/Mach etc. A weekend in Machynlleth can be great for all. Riders and non riders. Perhaps playing with quads/clays etc. Maybe coasteering in Pembrokeshire, as another example.

Erm…Brummijim?!?

ell tell, I get ya, see what you mean. How about a group session at a climbing wall?

McHamish
    Free Member

Find something every would enjoy…

Sure, you enjoy mountain biking, but when people ask what you did, would they just respond with “wow, exciting, you do that every weekend don’t you?”

Not reallly inventive is it…taking a mountain biker mounting biking.

kayak23

You have go ape at Cannock for the non biking folks…..

jonba
    Free Member

Maybe have a look at narrow boating on the norfolk broads (I have a friend who went on a stag doing that and highly recommended it).

Have a look at a canoe trip on the Wye?

Sea kayaking is an option but you might need a guide. If my Stag wasn’t in February then I would have arranged a trip out to a small island somewhere in Scotland. But the majority of my friends are also experienced kayakers so we would not have needed a guide.

As it was we ended up in a bunkhouse near Sheffield, the plan to do a mixture of outdoor sports we didn’t have someone who was an expert in.

bigblackshed

Not an activity, but Friday night try the Glee (no, not that one!) Comedy Club in central Brum. Really good fun.

Canoeing on the Wye. Either from Symmonds Yat towards Chepstow, or Hay-On-Wye towards Hereford. Various distances depending on how energetic you feel. Kit up at their base then they pick you up downstream later and bus you back.

The Wye is close to bursting its banks ATM. So all boatings off for the short term. It does go up and down like a tarts drawers mind.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Not reallly inventive is it…taking a mountain biker mounting biking

Naked mountain biking then 😉 Joking aside though I see your point plus I don’t think Travelodge welcome bikes, which is likely where we’ll end up for cheap accommodation.

Liking some of the other ideas though, climbing and go ape nice and active. Plus we’re planning mid July so fingers crossed the weather should lend itself well for some outdoor activities.

timber

For a mates stag in Bewdley, we just built some rafts, slung them in upstream and headed back down to town. Interesting afternoon of raft warfare and sabotage.

fairhurst
    Free Member

The last stag party from our group we all visited York and toured the museums and took in the culture,a lovely refreshing change from the normal escapades stag partys seem to have!

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

A few mile’s away from Brum, but went on a Stag ‘Do’ at Nottingham’s National Water Sports Centre and had a cracking time

http://www.nwscnotts.com/

Narrow boating????

Garry_Lager

How about Hay-on-Wye? Within reach of Birmingham.
    Lovely area for companiable walks in the woods with your friends, then back to town for some serious browsing in the bookshops. Later on, retire to one of the public houses for a couple of pints of mild and a group effort on Araucaria. Could be a great stag do.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

What about doing Go Ape???

fairhurst
    Free Member

Garry_Lager – Member

How about Hay-on-Wye? Within reach of Birmingham.
    Lovely area for companiable walks in the woods with your friends, then back to town for some serious browsing in the bookshops. Later on, retire to one of the public houses for a couple of pints of mild and a group effort on Araucaria. Could be a great stag do.

what a wonderful idea,a man after my own heart. although we have had similar stag partys in the past.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Something a little different eh?

How about a traditional ‘last night of ‘freedom” stag night before wedding day? It will actually mean something then.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Stag ideas’ is closed to new replies.