• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Stag Do ideas…?
  • mboy
    Free Member

Been invited to a mates stag do next summer. His Brother, the Best Man, lives in the US so sadly isn’t likely to be able to make both the Stag Do and the wedding, so my friend has said he would welcome suggestions.

Now, some caution… A bit of a mixed group! My friend lives for motorbikes, and that’s how I know him. I know 4 others of the 20 or so of us that have been invited, and there’s probably more than half of us in total know him because of motorbikes. So the obvious, if rather selfish option, would be to book a motorbike track day. Obviously this would exclude some of his friends whether they wanted to join in or not! Also, track days are something that most of us into Motorbikes either have done in the recent past or are planning in the near future anyway, so it’s not something out of the ordinary…

Anyone got any awesome ideas?

My mate lives in Somerset, near Bridgwater. Quite a few of his mates live local, I’m in Worcester, a couple of others in the midlands, couple near London I think, one in the Isle of Man, and then his brother in the US! So location flexible within reason… Also, from what I know of most of the group, they’re not a typical hard drinking bunch of guys (nor am I for that matter) so although I’m sure we will go out for drinks afterwards, I can’t see him waking up naked and tied to a lamp post myself!

martinhutch

Is the date fixed?

https://www.iomtt.com/tt-info

alexpalacefan

C&H

APF

wrightyson
    Free Member

Rather than the track day how about mini moto racing, the non bikers won’t be at a huge disadvantage. You could even mix it up with teams of riders mixed with non riders? That could just form part of the day for a couple of hours and get the petrol heads a bit of a buzz.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Karting? Your’e all still whizzing bimbling round a track so the non bikers shouldn’t be at too much of a disadvantage.
    That’s what my son did in Dublin for his stag do, along with the blatantly obvious.

dashed
    Free Member

What about something like a trials day or quad biking (chose carefully and they can be really good – chose badly and awful!!). More inclusive..

mboy
    Free Member

Is the date fixed?

https://www.iomtt.com/tt-info

Date isn’t fixed other than the wedding is 1st weekend in August 2020…

IOM ferries are sold out for 2020, they were sold out before IOM week 2019! So unless he’s prepared to put the wedding back by a year, we won’t be going to the TT for his Stag Do sadly…

Rather than the track day how about mini moto racing

Yes, yes, yes! I like the idea of this… Glad I asked 🙂

Cougar

Quad bikes? Always a giggle, accessible to bikers and non-bikers. A lot of these places also do other activities as a package, maybe archery or clay pigeon shooting or some such. The last one I did had mini-hovercrafts.

Rubber_Buccaneer

how about mini moto racing,

Seconded. So long as everyone is up for it I reckon that would be an excellent laugh

wrightyson
    Free Member

The mini motos are piss funny and I can imagine a load of blokes racing those would be a right laugh. Plus if you get high sided it’s not too far to the floor, I’d go for one of the indoor circuits tho as it will be concrete as opposed to tarmac and will be a lot kinder on the skin….

andrewh
    Free Member

Went to a friend’s one, he and a few others race cars, I race bike, some didn’t race anything.
    We went hovercraft racing. Level playing field as none of us had a clue how to drive one and it was a hoot to do. Followed by grass-tack racing in old Minis, which was even more fun, and the singleseat track racers weren’t at much of an advantage.
    This was in Weymouth so not a million miles from the OP’s friend

simon_g

I did a Mick Extance enduro day, loads of fun in the mud. Don’t need a motorcycle licence or even experience, if you’re totally new to it then they’ll coach you in a field for a bit before joining the rest.

http://www.mickextanceexperience.com/ultimate.php

There’s a few similar setups – Dave Thorpe (the Honda off road centre) is particularly close and a similar offering.

jekkyl

ibiza for the weekend or some other foreign party hole.

jim25

M4 Karting near Chippenham run mini Moto sessions.
    It’s mega fun.

Selled
    Free Member

Just throwing some completely different idea in the pot. Thought of something like this when you mentioned he is in Bridgewater:

Tight Places

nedrapier

Scarborough road races?

You could have some ironic or non-ironic seaside fun while you’re up there.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Have a quiet weekend locally and give all the money you save to a charity that will increase the quality of life for somebody.

Naaah! Joking. Coke and hookers all the way.

bazzer
    Free Member

I was going to suggest Mick Extance experience too, though he does get very booked up at weekends.

Its a brilliant day out.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Stag Do ideas…?’ is closed to new replies.