Home Forums Bike Forum SRAM Rival AXS brake install… am I right..?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SRAM Rival AXS brake install… am I right..?
    thorpey0
    Free Member

New brakes arrived and I thought they would come pre-bled ready to install. They have come seperated with a small metal piece (with a hole in it) in the end that will fit the shifter.

Am I right in thinking I cut this off to the desired length, insert stealthamajig insert and olive and attach to the lever.

There was a small red key in the box with open written on it and an olive inside it, not seen one before. No barb…. Is it an all in one fitting. Help the stupid!

Then….. caliper is flat mount. My Ti gravel bike is post mount. Started to panic I couldn’t get a brake mount adapter but found this. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0D4YQ4KY5?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Will it do the trick? Fingers crossed! Cheers

bikerevivesheffield

bikerevivesheffield
    oceanskipper

Pictures needed.

onehundredthidiot

The barb may well screw into the newly cut hose, I think the olive also screws onto the barb. Then the whole thing screws into the atealthamijig

bikerevivesheffield

As my pic

thorpey0
    Free Member

I found a YouTube video! No need to cut the hose. Unscrew the metal end (reverse thread) insert red plug thingy and screw on olive and captive barb in one go.

unlike any SRAM I have shortened hoses for before but works well if you know what you are doing ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.