Home Forums Chat Forum Squirty Bottles

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Squirty Bottles
  • bens
    Free Member

Like the ones you buy from a supermarket with surface cleaner in.

I want some decent ones for decanting cleaning stuff into. Degreaser, IPA etc. I’ve just been reusing household ones but they don’t seem to last all that long before the trigger stops working.

I bought some cheap refillable ones from Amazon which are crap. The trigger jams and doesn’t return so they don’t squirt any more.

Anyone got an suggestions for something reliable? Twiddly nozzle on the top for adjustable spray pattern is a bonus.

mert
    Free Member

I get them from a car cleaning suppliers place.

Seem to be a bit more robust.

Kramer
    Free Member

Don’t Muc-off do a refillable one?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Depending on what chemicals you are running through them, the seals can get ruined pretty quickly.

bens
    Free Member

I have one of those pressure sprayers! Or at least I had one… Forgot I even owned it so lord knows where it is.

Chemical wise, in the house its mainly water with some bleach in. Garage would be stuff like IPA or even just soapy water. Nothing too harsh really. The chemical resistant ones seem to have better (viton) seals but it’s not the seals that I have problems with, it’s always the trigger mechanism that fails.

I’ve ordered a Tolco branded one from a car detailing place so we’ll see how well that lasts.

bikeseek
    Free Member

Try industrial supply stores or websites! Chapin or Solo are good brands for durable sprayers. Adjustable nozzle is a game-changer.

TheDTs
    Free Member

We get ours from Nisbets. IPA, Meths, Tar & Glue Remover, soapy water.

Tar & Glue is the one that disolves them quickest.

aggs
    Free Member

Edit: I did not read the question thoroughly!.

aggs
    Free Member

Edit: i did not read the question thoroughly!

timmycee
    Free Member

Spray Master is what we use at the Invisiframe shredquarters

CountZero

Tar & Glue is the one that disolves them quickest.

Oh hell yeah! Got to be so careful with that stuff, I was using some to remove some particularly stubborn adhesive residue, and I hadn’t realised or been told about it, and I wrote off both headlight units on a Peugeot 306! The plastic clear lenses just cracked and crazed around the edges. Oopsie!  I stuck with IPA after that.

For IPA I used a Mr Muscle cleaner trigger spray bottle, which I’ve still got, and a 2ltr pump spray bottle for a mixture of baby bath soap and water, for applying the vinyl decals to school of motoring cars. Still got that as well, handy for spraying a diy aphid spray onto my little apple tree.

selkirkbear
    Free Member

The triggers already on the bottles you buy are only designed for a number of sprays/actuations – when I was in the industry the ones we used were designed for 15,000 sprays. This would go up or down depending on the product. For re-useable spray bottles and triggers we used Contico ones as they lasted forever

Try your local Janitorial Supplies placeas they should stock them.

As Bikeseek says the adjustable spray triggers are game changers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.