Home Forums Bike Forum Spraying fork lowers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Spraying fork lowers
  • coconut
    Free Member

I have some revelations that I want to spray a new colour on the lowers. Plan is to clean with alcohol and use “Spray Bike” aerosol. Seems like a decent product, requiring two coats 12hrs apart. Going to go straight on the existing fork, not taking back to metal. Once dry I will cover with some clear 3M

thoughts? Going to try this:

https://spray.bike/

coconut
    Free Member

Looks an interesting spray paint product, claims to be power coat based (?). Also appears to be pretty robust compared to other aerosol spray.

citizenlee
    Free Member

I was planning on using Spray Bike on a BMX frame but never got around to it. They do matt and gloss clear coat too.

I did get a set of RS Lyrik lowers sprayed many years ago, but it was done at a mate of a mates work (car resprayer). They turned out really good and the paint was much harder wearing that the standard paint.

coconut
    Free Member

Anyone else tried this ?

ads678

I used it a few years ago on my daughter’s frame. It’s quite easy to get a decent finish with it as it goes on really easy. I didn’t think it was that hard wearing, but I didn’t use a top coat, so maybe it’s better if you do.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.