Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Spotted one of my first 'I want' bikes today (pic)
  • tang
    Free Member

I left a note on it. If the Owner lets it go I'll use it for shopping. I'll sort those cables and guard out, but the hooter is staying.

RealMan
    Free Member

Don't you think you should reign those dreams in a bit?

convert

Muddy Fox? Dreamed of one of those (and a Saracen killi flyer and weirdly an Orbit 631 road frame) when I was about 14. Never achieved any other them.

tang
    Free Member

no way. theres a story with that bike. Im not that bothered, but I'd be happy to have it in the shed. along with this

my age 9 bike lust

RealMan
    Free Member

Can't decide whether I like that or not. It looks great, but I bet it rides horribly.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

WOW !! ..Skyway TA … had one of those when i was 16 in chrome with white carbon tuffs, at the time there was only 2 in the country.
    My mom bought it me out of her redundancy money !! .. Thanks MOM ..RIP

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Two fine items of retrolust there!

Filthy
    Free Member

I used to dream of owning a yellow Muddy Fox Explorer ever since I rode one back in 1987. I had a Raleigh Maverick at the time… anyways a few years ago this frame popped up on eBay so it became mine for the measly sum of £10

Picture 374 by wickedandlazy, on Flickr

one day I'll get round to finding some retro bits to make it more authentic, might even treat it to a respray, in the mean time it gets used for singlespeed pub duties… seen above on holiday in Spain

Edge
    Free Member

Im thinking of selling my 1994 Scott Boulder, is it retro enough to be worth anything.

I'd probably throw in the other pedal too 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

thats not retro just old

llama

I had one of those, or near about (can't quite see the detail)

Surprised its on the original forks. Bet its not on the original seat post.

Its a classic. First UK produced proper mountain bike for a reasonable cost. £300 it was.

I did miles on mine, including the south downs way in a day.

NikNak7890
    Free Member

The one bike I lusted over was the gold Kona Explosif with P2 forks and XT thumbies – all steel sexyness!

tang
    Free Member

i had the 90/91 splatter job one with track2 forks and suntour groupset. its still local as i saw an older guy riding it a few months back. now i would part with a few £ for that just for nostalgia.

llama

no no no, at that time I lusted after a Roberts White Spyder with H bars

with silly short chainstays (under 16 inches)

Edge
    Free Member

thats not retro just old

That made me chuckle. Looks like I'll have to give it away 🙂

coastkid
    Free Member

a courier is retro…
    got an old courier that will be rolling again soon…got all the parts now just need the time…

blog post

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Spotted one of my first 'I want' bikes today (pic)’ is closed to new replies.