Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Sponsored bike ride for Bone Cancer Research Trust – please help.
  • TN
    Free Member

Hi all,

I may have mentioned in the past that my husband had bone cancer and had to have his arm amputated. And I may also have mentioned that he's been back on his bike and doing pretty well.

Well next on his hit list is a bike ride from Wetherby to Filey.
    I understand it is a fairly common ride and at 60-ish miles (depending on the route) it's not a real gut buster but me, him and 2 of my colleagues will be doing this ride in October and would be most grateful if any of you would like to sponsor us in aid of Bone Cancer Research Trust.
    Any and all donations would be much appreciated, however small.

Please visit our sponsorship page where there are more details:
    http://www.justgiving.com/triptotheseaside/

(We are not necessarily doing it over 2 days, it depends how we get on and how Julian's wrist holds up – we are just allowing 2 days to do it.)

Have checked with the mods it's okay to post this. Thanks to them for saying yes and to you for reading.

retro83
    Free Member

Good luck! Love reading your update threads.

I popped a couple of bob in the jar and here's a bump to keep you on the front page.

TN
    Free Member

Thanks retro83. For the donation, not that picture. <shudder>

TN
    Free Member

Thanks to the others who have already donated – you know who you are. 🙂
    Our little 'progress marker' has registered already. How exciting.

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Awesome and full of hope! Im hoping to do something similar for Autism (my son is profoundly autistic). Just made a donation, all forum users should make a donation and you will reach your target in no time!
    much love
    Lou x

TN
    Free Member

Thanks Lou – let us know when you do your event and I'll bung your charity a few quid.

TN
    Free Member

I am not sure if it is against the rules, but bumping this for the morning crowd.
    Thanks.

TN
    Free Member

By way of a progress report, we broke the 30 mile barrier yesterday. We both fared okay apart from comedy tan lines and sore bums. So, yesterdays lesson – we need new shorts and/or saddles. Better to find out now than 30 miles into the big ride, I guess.
    Another lesson? White cycling jerseys and mud do not mix. Well, they do, but forever. 😉

Thanks to everyone who has sponsored us so far and it would be cool if anyone else would like to add to our total so far.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Done 🙂

TN
    Free Member

Thanks mrsflash.

TN
    Free Member

Hi folks. Sorry to bother you again, but the ride is fast approaching (oh boy!) so I thought I would just ask again in case anyone missed this first time round or had intended to donate later. Thank you all for donating/reading our updates.

And for your viewing pleasure, we have been practising at altitude… (yes, he IS wearing lycra!!) 😉

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Lovely pic, where was it taken?

bullheart
    Free Member

TN,

You only had to ask. Best of luck

M & M x

TN
    Free Member

Loulabella – the photo's taken just above Briancon in the French alps. It was totally stunning. A week wasn't nearly long enough… Mark, thanks. Will mail you soon.

TN
    Free Member

Thanks to everyone who's sponsored us so far – especially those who've done that for Mark (petesgaff) and Meg, in lieu of (or in addition to) a wedding drink/present. You're all fantastic and it's choking me up every time I get another notification to say someone has donated… We're at 86% of our target of £2000.

I can't believe the ride is a week tomorrow.
    J's bike is broken and back at the local bike shop so I hope it's fixed in time (I am sure it will be, they are great and haves helped him loads in getting him back on his bike!)

We'll let you know when we've finished – expect a full write up…

TN
    Free Member

Phew, we've done it. I can honestly say it was the most (physically) difficult thing either of us has ever done. J surpassed himself, getting up all the hills ahead of most of us.
    Best of all though – with your and everyone elses kind donations we've not only reached our target of £2000 but surpassed it quite convincingly.
    I don't think I will ever ride that dar again (it finished up being 70 miles bang on) but there's not one hill in the peak district that I fear now, which is a big thing for me to say because I really feared hills 'before'.
    Anyway, thanks again and the page is still open for donations if anyone was waiting to make sure they got their moneys worth out of us… 😉
    Over and out.
    Captain Sorebutt

xxx

retro83
    Free Member

Well done!

Don't think i could've managed it

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Sponsored bike ride for Bone Cancer Research Trust – please help.’ is closed to new replies.