Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Specs for KS remote lever clamp pinch bolt.
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

The one with the 3mm allen head, it’s part number P14 27 on here.

http://kssuspension.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/LEV-web.pdf

Can anyone tell me what diameter and thread it is so I can buy one tomorrow.

wwaswas

I’ve been using a small zip tie for about a year after my clamp bolt fell out and got lost. Until I saw this thread I’d forgotten I’d done it!

Not much help in finding a new one though, sorry.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ha! That’s exactly what I did to finish fitting it after a fruitless hour removing and upturning kitchen appliances! I just spoke to Evans Chelmsford on the phone and the chap said I was very welcome to come and help myself from their boxes of miscellaneous bolts, which is good of them, but I thought it might help if I knew the specs.

stevied
    Free Member

I think it’s an M4 but iirc the head was a smaller-than-standard diameter. Pretty sure I had to turn one down to fit.
    Maybe take the remote clamp with you and try one?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Thanks stevied, that’s a starting point. Clamp’s at home unfortunately, many miles away, but this is my last chance to visit a big bike shop.

somafunk

M4
    0.70 thread pitch
    10mm length

It”l be quite an unusual bolt size to find in a bike shop bolt box but good luck.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Thankyou very much. I dare say it will be tricky to find, but that’s a start!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Well fair play to Evans in Chelmsford, the mechanic had already dug one out, checked it on a display bike, and cut it down to 10mm for me. So good work there. And no charge, which I anticipated, but still nice.

somafunk

sorted : It’s nice to get a result like that and it shows you can’t judge all Evans shops or their staff from a few bad reports, drop an email to the manager of the store or Evans HQ and mention it as getting positive feedback does cheer folk up no end.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Good idea, I shall do.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Specs for KS remote lever clamp pinch bolt.’ is closed to new replies.