Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Specialized saddle warranty
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

Was just about to go out for a ride there and noticed my Toupe saddle is cracked. It hasnt been cracked in an accident or crash just cracked along one of the wings.

Had it on the bike since 2010 (saddle came with the bike)…i know specialized warranty is usually pretty good but not sure what the situation is like with saddles – are they treated like bottom brackets etc as something that eventually wears out or are they expected to last better. Basically is a cracked saddle treated as general wear and tear or is it treated as a fault?

cynic-al
    Free Member

1yr on parts generally, they may also say mis-use. Worth a go tho.

druidh
    Free Member

Possible they’ll do you a half price replacement.

I mostly use Specialized saddles and I’ve yet to see one crack.

onandon
    Free Member

Two of my Toupes have cracked in the past. the Hull is quite flexy so they tend to go just by where the rail is connected at the rear.

Taff
    Free Member

They are very good with the warranties. You need to take it back to your dealer and they will send it off for inspection.

crazy-legs

I cracked half of mine – one side of it was lower than the other. Phoned them up (just to ask about replacements cos that model was discontinued, not with any expectation of a warranty) and they just said oh send it back.

Posted back and three days later a replacement was on my desk. 🙂 To be fair, they did say “misuse” of the old one, they said it wasn’t intended for CX so I guess they thought I’d broken it by doing CX style running re-mounts.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Thanks for the info will give it a go and hope for the best

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve had several replaced with no questions asked.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I broke a Ti Toupe (saddle body not the rails) that had only ever been fitted to my road bike, I never tried to get a replacement at the time, might have a rummage around in the shed and see if it’s still there.

njee20
    Free Member

I would. All of mine snapped at their thinnest point on one side of the shell – beside the cut out.

hora
    Free Member

Spesh were no good when it came to 2failed shoes in a row.

Shame really. I like Spesh but would never buy again

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Specialized saddle warranty’ is closed to new replies.