Home Forums Bike Forum South Wales pump tracks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • South Wales pump tracks
  • scratch
    Free Member

Got my 4yr old twins obsessed with pump tracks at the moment, Dare Valley and Maindy are faves, Barry sidings is ridable from the house and an option – are there any others local to South Wales?

Heard about on in Bridgend? Not sure while the new BMX track in Cardiff is opening and if it has a associated pump track, further afeild did the big one in Rhayader ever get built, might be worth a camp trip.

Mindful of not getting in the way of bigger lads but its kind of funny to watch them look up at a 12yr old on the start and ask if they’re going or not, so far so good :)

tayls
    Free Member

Bit further west pembroke dock has one i believe ,some splendid local castles too ..

bikecurious
    Free Member

There’s one in Gilwern too

defblade
    Free Member

There’s one at Afan, and a very small one at Pembrey. Pembrey also has a road circuit, and a surprising amount of xc single track hidden around the place… along with the playground, beaches, ski-ing, mini railway etc, could be well worth a camping weekend.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/c63pckbyJBLj6yHR8

richwales

Van road trails has a great one – nr Caerphilly

scratch
    Free Member

Thanks, will check out Gilwern, I didn’t realise there was one at Afan, I’ve been meaning to look at what the family / easy trails are like there, their on Frog 42s at the moment but can ride flatish stuff for a while.

I’ll check van road also

I have two weeks off with them coming up so it’d be good to hit some different spots, need to get my bike out too, the dare valley one looks fun!

scratch
    Free Member

I’ve raced ‘cross at Pembrey once, I’ve not been since they built the crit circuit though, might have a look!

timber

Rhayader one is a decent size.
    Can probably make a trip of it with some family cycling around the Elan Valley plus some short red/blue above the church.

Gilwern is small but also skate ramps and playground next to it.

Bryn ? Lake just off Heads of Valleys is having BMX track redone I think.

Think Mountain View above Caerphilly may have one too.

Been meaning to get to more of them, but they were the start of me tearing my calf muscle ?.

nedrapier

Just went a googlin’ to find the name of the one Swansea we stopped off at. It was Melin Mynach, Gorseiron. Quite big, quite a few loops.

There are a few others nearby too, some BMX tracks: https://www.google.com/search?q=swansea+pump+track&oq=swansea+pump+track and there’s Crynant as well, up towards Seven Sisters.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.