• This topic has 52 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Si.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • South Devon Riding
  • Si
    Free Member

yeah sound good.

Shared to an extent but I wouldn't want to see the 'other' stuff getting trashed…

carlphillips
    Free Member

share the love indeed TM, inbox is now awash with new route. many thanks.

@ si, ive built a fair few trails in my local area (cann woods + around) for all to use so its nice for others to share what they know to me..its all good karma and to grease the wheels surely is good for all that ride.
    personally i love people using my tracks and getting feedback off what they think of it .

daj
    Free Member

Any nice trails beaworthy way? Got a cottage there in a couple of weeks :o)

Any gps routes would be great

Thanks

Daj

trailmonkey

beaworthy is miles away from east dartmoor. plenty close by around okehampton and it's not far from burrator so you should find something

bertberr
    Free Member

Trailmonkey – moved to South Devon from Wiltshire, I'd appreciate any nice XC routes you could send me on East or South Dartmoor. I don't have any trail software, just use an OS map, so just a starting point / ref with any major / obvious waymarks would be good. Thanks

Del

i'm my opinion haldon is complete gash, I have been there a number of times and always come away dissapointed.

you could always go with someone who knows their way around. the invite is always open.

hoochylala
    Free Member

trailmonkey – apologies, my email was not visable! If you could please send still that would be great 🙂

trailmonkey

bertberr, issue 49 of the mag has 3 routes featuring the cream of all the legal stuff on eastern dartmoor. the latest MBR also has a very useable route in it. there's usually a ride most weekends featuring folks on here so just put a post up on a friday asking for a guide and i'm sure you'll get invited along.

hoochylala, ygm

Del

MBR also has a very useable route in it.

you buy mbr….

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I'm off down to Devon next week. Any Dartmoor routes/Tavistock woods etc would be appreciated.

Email in profile. Cheers.

hoochylala
    Free Member

trailmonkey – thank you very much – looks good.

As it will be first time riding the routes when I go down, does anyone know of any groups that head out during the week/early weekday evenings? Would be looking w/c 23/08

Del

Hooch,
    there's a friendly wednesday night right on haldon. 6.30 at the Ley Arms pub in kenn.
    speed varies depending upon who's out, but it's very rarely a ball-breaker – normally a very social affair.
    usually about 16 – 17 miles or so, about 800- 1000m rise and fall including the climb up.

Si
    Free Member

Thurs 26th or Fri 27th I could do a few hours. Depends what you like to ride…

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘South Devon Riding’ is closed to new replies.