Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 434 total)
  • South American block on Falkland registered vessels.
  • TooTall
    Free Member

But why do these spineless former top military knobs and the highly regarded United Kingdom National Defence Association lie to the British people so ?

Spineless because most of them were the model of ‘yes men’ during their time in uniform and only speak out once their pension is safe, their membership on defence company boards is running out and they believe their long-expired memories of how things were done is current. The UKNDA isn’t highly regarded. It could have been if they kept up their momentum when forming, but they didn’t. Tim Collins is one of their members FFS!

zokes
    Free Member

glitch?

zokes
    Free Member

bump

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

When are you giving back your newly revealed country to the Incas, Ernie?

What’s this “you you you” all the time……what am I – global spokesman for the world or something ?

In case I haven’t mentioned it before, 107 countries, including the United states, voted in favour of a UN resolution calling on the UK and Argentina to negotiate the sovereignty of the Falklands, just the UK, Belize, Oman, and Solomon Islands, voting against. My opinion on the matter is of little consequence and unlikely to sway the UN.

And there is nothing “newly revealed”.

It transpires that he’s actually mostly Argentinian, despite happily living in someone else’s country all these years. Oh the irony…

What’s the bit of me that isn’t Argentine then ? And the reason I’m here is because someone travelled across to the other side of the world to help Britain repel an invasion from Germany.

Someone who specifically came to the UK during WW2 from Argentina to join the RAF and risked their life defending this country.

And “Oh the irony” that after WW2 there were more British nationals living in Argentina than anywhere outside the Commonwealth.

……bunch of ungrateful gringos 🙂

kimbers

i think the BRIC countriues are the ones to watch, any mineral oil wealth they can get their hands on is gonna be required to fuel their expanding economies as ours contract

enfht
    Free Member

Well it certainly goes some way to explain his deluded love affair with South American terrorists/murderers

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well it certainly goes some way to explain his deluded love affair with South American terrorists/murderers

Did ernie have a love affair with a South American terrorist/murderer?

I thought his cats were the only love of his life!

He is more mysterious than I thought.

Or, more likely, you’re talking bollocks – which to be fair, is unusual for you.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Or, more likely, you’re talking bollocks

LOL ! 😀

Yes that’s it……everything I’ve ever posted on here are lies ! I’m actually a freckled ginger haired gorgeous IT consultant who goes by the name of Mandy Smith.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Citizen Smith, surely?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not aimed at youse Ernesto.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Not aimed at youse Ernesto.

Ah, right, my apologies then. I wasn’t 100% sure but took the “you’re talking bollocks – which to be fair, is unusual for you” as meaning it was aimed at me. enfht always talks bollox, that’s for sure.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

UN resolution calling on the UK and Argentina to negotiate the sovereignty of the Falklands

Argentina: Can we have sovereignty
    UK: No

Negotiations completed

Happy now Ernie?

aracer
    Free Member

What’s this “you you you” all the time……what am I – global spokesman for the world or something ?

You’re the one interpreting a UN resolution calling for negotiation as the UN calling for the UK to hand the Falklands “back” to Argentina.

I note nobody ever answered the question of why the French handing their colony to Spain was more significant than Spain ceding sovereignty to Britain.

zokes
    Free Member

You certainly seem to have self-appointed yourself to that role to some extent during this thread.

107 countries, including the United states, voted in favour of a UN resolution calling on the UK and Argentina to negotiate the sovereignty of the Falklands,

The negotiations would go something like this:

Argentina: Give us our islands back!
    UK: No.

There is no negotiation to be had for such fundamentally different standpoints; on which it is, by the very nature of the problem, impossible to reach a compromise.

What’s the bit of me that isn’t Argentine then ?

Dunno, and couldn’t care less TBH. I tend not to pay much attention to what you say as a rule, that way I can cut down on the amount of rubbish I waste my time reading on threads like this one.

I had an interesting discussion with a real life Argentine at a conference recently about “Las Malvinas” (he brought it up). He was quite frank that it was simply about oil, and that he couldn’t see why his country should run a set of islands with 3000 Brits on it, who want to be British. He wasn’t too shy in pointing out the irony of an ex-colony telling another colony that colonialism is bad.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You’re the one interpreting a UN resolution calling for negotiation as the UN calling for the UK to hand the Falklands “back” to Argentina.

Am I ? I think the UN Resolution is very clear indeed. Which is obviously why the UK went against the opinion of the rest of the world and voted against it. The UK also tried desperately to change the wording of the Resolution but failed.

There is no doubt at all what the Resolution states and the UK fully understood the implications. Otherwise they would have supported it.

wrecker
    Free Member

There is no doubt at all what the Resolution states

Yep. Dialogue and Negotiation. It is very particular in this and impartiality. In fairness, it’s a no brainer for people to vote for negotiation as it’s such a vague and soft recommendation. The only countries to mention support for the argies sovereignty claim are their fellow latins and neighbours which is hardly surprising.

trailmonkey

He wasn’t too shy in pointing out the irony of an ex-colony telling another colony that colonialism is bad

i’ve been trying to point out the absurdity of this very irony throughout the thread but as usual any deviation from the polemic cannot be computed and i was accused of talking bollocks.

stw – loving the feel, feeling the love 8)

*edit – just seen the juandem jeremy tag 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What’s the bit of me that isn’t Argentine then ?

“Dunno, and couldn’t care less TBH”

Well obviously you do care, otherwise you wouldn’t have bothered writing and sending a post on the issue :

“It transpires that he’s actually mostly Argentinian, despite happily living in someone else’s country all these years. Oh the irony…”

Personally I would rather you minded your own business.

zokes
    Free Member

But Ernie, how would you suggest that negotiations would help the situation. There is no middle-ground to negotiate over:

Argentina: Give us our islands back!
    UK: No.

zokes
    Free Member

Personally I would rather you minded your own business.

STW top-tip, Ernie: Don’t publish on a thread something which you later would wish people didn’t know.

Well obviously you do care

There are many things in life I do care about, but the tedious personal history of an internet Chavez wannabe isn’t on that list.

wrecker
    Free Member

juandem jeremy

Very good. Whoever tagged this give yourself a pat on the back.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

There is no middle-ground to negotiate over

Exactly – that’s the point.

Why do you think 107 countries at the UN supported a resolution calling for negotiations over the Falklands to start ? :rolls eyes:

Some of you guys want to get out of your little bubbles and recognise the fact that there is widespread global support of Argentina over the Falklands.

HELLO ? ANYONE THERE ? ……….THE COLONIAL DAYS ARE OVER.

wrecker
    Free Member

FFS. If you don’t get it by now, you never will. 😐

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

STW top-tip, Ernie: Don’t publish on a thread something which you later would wish people didn’t know.

Someone asked me a question ….. “are you argie ernie ?” I answered the question. I have on numerous occasions referred to my Argentine connection, I have no problem with that – why should I ?

You seem to have a problem with it though, which is why I suggested that you minded your own business.

Thanks for the tip anyway.

aracer
    Free Member

Why do you think 107 countries at the UN supported a resolution calling for negotiations over the Falklands to start ?

Er, maybe it’s because they think negotiating (even with nothing to negotiate over) is better than fighting? Dunno. Why not spell out your interpretation of it for us, ernie – it would save a lot of misunderstanding.

I think the UN Resolution is very clear indeed.

Go on then, what exactly does it say? Does it call for the Falklands to be handed “back” to Argentina?

wrecker
    Free Member

Er, maybe it’s because they think negotiating (even with nothing to negotiate over) is better than fighting?

HOORAY! Someone gets it! 😀

teasel
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

HOORAY! Someone gets it!

Well obviously the UK delegation at the United Nations didn’t “get it”.

:much rolling of eyes:

BruceWee

Ernie, what is Argentina’s claim to the Islands in your opinion?

jockthestore
    Free Member

Argentina has been blocking F.I. vessels for some time now – The ship I worked on (a F.I. flagged vessel) has been prevented calling in there for over a year now. A british Royal Navy vessel was also prevented visiting Brazil last year due to the fact it’s previous port call was in the F.I. It’s all getting a bit messy now due to the potential that oil has been found under the Argentinians noses.

El-bent
    Free Member

Well obviously the UK delegation at the United Nations didn’t “get it”.

They got it totally. Until the the Falkland Islanders themselves wish to “negotiate” there will be no negotiation.

THE COLONIAL DAYS ARE OVER.

The irony. I wonder what the former owners of what is now called South America think?

hora
    Free Member

For all you Argiebummers I say this….for Sparta! Come and get some.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The irony. I wonder what the former owners of what is now called South America think?

That the colonial days are over ?

http://www.un.org/en/decolonization/

Note the inclusion in the link of the following statement :

At present, 16 Non-Self-Governing Territories (NSGTs) across the globe remain to be decolonized, home to nearly 2 million people. Thus, the process of decolonization is not complete.

Among the 16 are the “Falkland Islands”.

Check it here :

http://www.un.org/en/decolonization/nonselfgovterritories.shtml#foot4

Junkyard
    Free Member

ah yes thats why I tend to not get involved in theses debates it just becomes a bit of a goading fest with people saying ill concieved gibberish [ or deliberately inflammatory stuff]to get a reaction. I can picture them at their key boards getting a semi at upsetting someone on the internet…some strange folk about.

zokes
    Free Member

Er, maybe it’s because they think negotiating (even with nothing to negotiate over) is better than fighting?

But why negotiate over something unsolvable? just leave it up to the will of the people who it most affects i.e. those who live there

aracer
    Free Member

Let’s try again, ernie, as you seem to have forgotten to answer:

Exactly what is your interpretation of the UN resolution?

Why was the French handing their colony to Spain more significant than Spain ceding sovereignty to Britain?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There are some very strange thought processes here. I especially like the belief that an ex colony and a colonial power are equivalent.

I also like the weaselling over the Hong Kong population and the Chagosians – they don’t appear to have had their wishes made paramount do they?

What double standards and massive hypocrisy. I do fear critical thought is beyond many of you.

Is it because they are white?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Exactly what is your interpretation of the UN resolution?

The same as the UK’s delegation interpretation of the resolution.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ernie – you will not be able to shift any views here. the Falklands are a little Englander shibboleth. It shows we really do have some power honestly and are not really just an American lapdog yapping away.

hora
    Free Member

Junkyard, I’ve got a large Baguette. I’m not nursing, its standing proud. Ready to fly the flag of our Union against the Spaniards.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 434 total)

The topic ‘South American block on Falkland registered vessels.’ is closed to new replies.