Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • sort of a buying of mail order goods question…
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

ok, before a witch hunt begins this is nothing to do with this forum or anyone on it…

quick question, after posting a wanted on a group page i was offered the item i was after. i asked a few specific questions about condition. and paid via debit card through the guys shop.

when the item arrived it was a totally different model, i would say in far worse condition than described and had exactly the damage/repair i had asked if it had.

the guy is doing nothing to sort the prob and not answering emails any longer. he has said send it back… which will cost me 15quid.

anyone know where i stand on that, i’m pretty cheesed off to have to spend 15quid (the item was 90quid) to return something i definitely would not have bought (not so much for the condition but the specific model actually sent).

scotroutes

If the item isn’t as described then they need to refund all of your costs.

Dickyboy

name & shame too it is the internet afterall

johndoh
    Free Member

And was this from a shop or an individual?

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

An individual replied to my post, but I called him at his shop and paid over the phone with a debit card.

irc

What does your bank statement say?

If it says £90 – XYZ Bikeshop then I’d guess all consumer protection applies. If it says £90 – Joe Bloggs he may argue it was a private sale.

wiggles
    Free Member

What person has the ability to take debit card payments over the phone though? Must have some kind of till etc

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

it says the shop on my bank statement.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’d say he sold it as a trader then and, as above, you get much more consumer protection – tell him it was not as advertised and as he is a trader you believe you should get a full refund and he should pay the return postage. Then point him to some link online where it outlines his responsibilities as a trader.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘sort of a buying of mail order goods question…’ is closed to new replies.