Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 184 total)
  • Sorry to start another E.U thread ..are most people you know in or out?
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

All my friends in – well you do choose them
    Family – all in except the two racists – i say they are racist because they are and not because they are voting out

Work – never discussed it so no idea.

Kuco

Most out, I’m still not sure which way to vote yet.

chestrockwell

Personal friends mostly in, work mates seem to be heading out.

I think I’m voting in.

darrell
    Free Member

I’m not allowed to vote – been out of the UK for too long
    but I would vote out – and almost everyone I know from my home town (Bolton) is voting OUT

non of them are racists bellends

prawny

Friends in, family out.

I’m in.

Coyote
    Free Member

A good chunk of the people I know, family included are voting “out”. There are a significant minority voting “in”. Most out voters read The Scum, Daily Heil the Express.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

The majority of people I speak to are outers I’d say 75%

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Old friends, mainly lefties in London, nearly 100% IN.
    Surrey friends and acquaintances (Tory, Nimby, etc…) nearly 100% OUT.
    No surprises there…

I’m in.

godzilla
    Free Member

mostly out

CHB

Crikey, this looks close! lots of folk (myself included) surrounded by IN voters, but there are a lot voting OUT in other areas.

Rich_s

I’ve asked about 200 people this question on training courses I’ve run over the last 2 months. All insurance professionals, mixed age range but weighted under 35.

70% in.
    20% out.
    10% undecided.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Split. I am amazed at how many sensible friends and family are prepared to make fools of themselves

SaxonRider

Mostly IN for me. My mother (who voted by post) made me think she had voted ‘out’, until I threatened to disown her. Then she laughed and said she was just kidding.

My only acquaintance even tempted by OUT is my brother, but he’s not a British citizen so can’t vote.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Most of the older people I know are OUT. Most of the younger people I know are IN. Most of the middle aged people like me are 50:50. However nobody really has any real justification for their opinion whatever it is. they’ll spout out all the usual mis-information and un-facts that have been spouted on both sides of the argument.

cinnamon_girl

Out.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Out of interest has anyone else had a call from the remain camp to presumably get poling stats?

It was the weirdest call ever, they asked if I was definitely going to vote & then which way followed by two quotes, one from the BOE & one from the House of Lords, I can’t remember the exact questions but they may as well have been along the line of “if we leave then we’re all going to die” & would you now vote “in”, if they are basing the poles on this then I think we’re stuffed*

* now genuinely not sure which way to go after being previously sure I was “in”

bencooper
    Free Member

Almost everyone I know is In.

olddog

Friends in. Work colleagues in or silent, but I think a lot of quiet outters as quiet Tories in last GE

retrorick

Out for me. 80% of friends and colleagues are out also.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

In,albeit with a heavy heart…
    BoJo or Cameron,no time for either of them!!

Caher

Quite surprised by how many close friends and family are out. Seems to be mainly those in the large metropolitan towns.

Cletus

70% out including some intelligent, deep thinking people.

Voting out does not make you a bell-end or racist.

I am still undecided as both options have benefits which I value. Really disappointed at the standard of much of the debate both here and in the wider media.

nickjb
    Free Member

I’m quite surprised the polls show it so close as every I know is in except one family member who is undecided but out leaning. Also just been out for a few drinks and had a minor row with an outy. So that makes 2 out of 30 or so.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It’s the same as it was at the last general election. A lot of people said they were going to vote labour/libdem, as all the polls indicated it being a close run thing, but as it turned out lots of people seem to have lied as the Conservatives landslided their way in.

I imagine there are those who are voting out for perfectly legitimate reasons, but don’t admit to it when asked because they don’t want to be lumped with the more vocal members of the out campaign.

nickjb
    Free Member

Voting out does not make you a bell-end or racist.

no, but if you happen to be a bellend or a racist you are probably voting out 😈 to paraphrase Billy Bragg.

stewartc
    Free Member

Just back from 9 days in the UK visiting friends and relatives, would say its about 80% Out, 20% In.

Surrey/Hampshire borders, typically blue voting areas, relatives/friends are a mixture of society from business owners, manual laborers to retirees.

One thing of note, from reading the STW threads, the Guardian online and local papers when there, is its all a little toxic and not in the spirit of past elections.

zokes
    Free Member

Most in. Interestingly the only two I know who are voting out (perhaps aged Express/Mail reading grandparents aside) are strongly left wing. They go quiet when I ask them how voting out would make the UK more socially progressive.

wheel2wheel
    Free Member

All non-racist Labour voters up north. Voting out.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Check out the Mail on Sunday – wow – in in!

spooky_b329

Probably 2/3rd’s out, I’m in.

martinhutch

Mainly in, including the MIL, remarkably.

nickc

I don’t know anyone voting out, and the only large scale discussion that’s outside this forum seems to be the telly.

Everyone I know is like “In, no brainer” no discussion, no question, not listening to the “debate” from the likes of Farage or BoJo as they made their minds up before the whole thing kicked off.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Mixed – 50/50-ish strong Lib Dem locally with Tory MP (from Lib Dem)

Out: for me 😉 parents (staunch Labour supporters and voted Yes to EEC), friends with their own businesses etc
    In: 1%-er International friends in London who now hold British passports (sovereignty, democracy, employment not a factor for them). Friends in normal jobs

Surprised at how many facebook friends are still undecided with just days to go

julianwilson
    Free Member

Actually if i think about it its remarkable how many people i think i can plot on the political compass who i couldn’t say where they are on the EU – i think by now i expected thet everybody would have pinned their colours to the mast.

So of those i do know about:

Colleagues: 9 remainers for every 1 brextier. One such brexiter isfrom whitney and until now thought the sun shone out of cmd’s posterior.

Friends: about 70% remainers and 30% outers. The ones that work in the financial sector and abroad all say brexit is completely crackers, but less worried about the workers/human rights side of the debate.

Family: mostly remain barring my mother in law who genuinely thinks there is a scripture/spiritual reason why the EU is the path to damnation. My dad’s side of family in oarticular is very conservative, upper-middle, boarding schools, oxbridge etc. Yet the outers are actually the financially poorest and ‘left school at 16’ ones.

chojin
    Free Member

This thread fills me with hope, as a lot of people I know are voting out. Including people that I deem intelligent!

Mind you, isn’t STW left leaning anyway? This could have a bearing on this particular poll.

milky1980
    Free Member

Family that were able to vote in the original one: All Out.
    Work colleagues: Mostly Out, probably 5 out of 47 In.
    Friends: 50/50 split with one or two undecided.

Me: Still undecided, floating towards Out but the overtly loud Vote Leave campaign with all the banners everywhere is putting me off!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

bongohoohaa – Member

I imagine there are those who are voting out for perfectly legitimate reasons, but don’t admit to it when asked because they don’t want to be lumped with the more vocal members of the out campaign.

Yep, that sounds very plausible. I know some people feel I should prove that I’m not a racist because I strongly support leaving the EU.

Personally I couldn’t give a monkeys if someone who fails to understand the issues comes to the wrong conclusion about me, but I can see that it might bother other people.

dalesjoe
    Free Member

Prob about 70% of the folks that I know (who are expressing their opinion) are for out.

Unlike a lot on here I don’t jump up an down screaming “racist right wing extremist s**m” at them. I tend to appreciate that they have a right to vote how they want.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I haven’t seen one out poster in a house window in N1, N5, N7, SE19 SE22 but a few IN.
    I’m hoping the 10million people of multicultural London influence the vote significantly.

slowoldman

I was driving through the Yorkshire Dales last weekend and lots of out posters there. Interesting that farmers say out and the NFU say in.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘Sorry to start another E.U thread ..are most people you know in or out?’ is closed to new replies.