Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sorry 20″ Orange 5
  • Foundry
    Free Member

I am looking for a bike that has a 20″ seat tube max with a minimum of 615mm top tube ideal a bit more if I could find one, there are bigger bikes out there but they all get a bit too big, I am right between sizes on a lot of them. The Orange ticks a lot of boxes and i would like the opinion of what people think about the 20″, does it flex for one, pictures would be good as I dont stand a hope seeing one I guess.
    I am 6’4″ and 16 stone, the bike would be used for general duties from fun races to all day rides to going out with the family.

Thanks
    Paul

theheckler
    Free Member

are you after a full sus? Got a nice 20″ Ti frame sat in the garage doing nothing (second bike and I have a 36″ inside leg)

gazza100

Im about 6’2, about a stonne lighter and ride a 20″ Five. I havent noticed any flex at all. I tried an 18″ and felt it was a little small so I decided on the 20″.

I used mine for the merida enduro events and had no probs. If anything, for those type events, I would change the tyres to something a bit narrower.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Being stiff is what it does best 🙂 Although watch out for non 15QR Fox floats…

gazza100

Im toying with the idea of upgrading the fork lowers. Dont know if its worth the £140 though.

GaryLake
    Free Member

If you do it in juction with a service it’s only £100 to do the lowers…

davo
    Free Member

im 6,4 and tested a 20 and found it great for seated climbing but it felt too small on the descents.

shepleg
    Free Member

Hi I’ve got a 20″ patriot on in the classified at the mo that you can run with a 215 or 190mm shock for less travel.

further details mail me direct simonpowdrill@hotmail.com

oh i’m 6’3″ and use it with a short stem fine around the woods !! and nice downhill too

jimw
    Free Member

I have a 20″ 5 Pro – I’m 6’2″ 13 1/2 stone and it is fantastic. The 18″ was just too small. It climbs well and goes down hill even better – I haven’t seen any evidence of flex

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sorry 20″ Orange 5’ is closed to new replies.