Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sony Xperia z – any real world experience out there?
  • mattbibbings
    Free Member

New phone contract coming soon. Love the idea of this phone as it seems very nice but mainly its the waterproofness that is selling me on it. I work outside all day long in all weathers so not having to worry about my phone getting wet is an amazing idea.

Does anyone have any real world experience of this phone? Are there any deal breakers I may have missed?

Cheers folks

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I negotiated a new contact for my mum recently and got a ridiculously good (renewal) deal on T-mobile. As for the phone it seems amazing in every department, once had to restart the phone dropped the network but hopefully that was a one off.

Edit: Access to the USB port is a bit fiddly but that’s a minor point.

wwaswas

Mines been great.

It is slightly larger than an iPhone though.

tony24
    Free Member

I was the same as you wanted a phone I didn’t have to worry about being a tradesman. The Sony is brilliant iI love it and the camera is brilliant too. It loads web pages so much faster the the Iphone I had before. The other day I got it covered in cement dust went to the tap and washed it all off then dried it no worries at all.

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Cheers guys. The STW thumbs up is good to have.

withersea
    Free Member

Have it, love it. Charging point a raff unless you use a charging doc, but then you need to remove the case each team. Other than that fab.

frogstomp

Lovely phone but a bit fragile. Had mine for just over a week and loved it.. but then the screen cracked. Looking around it seems to be a pretty big issue for them so a decent case is probably a must have.

Oh, and also the waterproofness is apparently not covered by the warranty.

mogrim

Posting this from one 🙂

Great phone, very fast and a gorgeous screen. The usb charging cover flap is a bit crap, not sure how long it’ll last… but that’s about the only complaint I have.

One thing to bear in mind is the screen size, though – it’s enormous! Great for web browsing and apps, but not so good for one handed operation. If you’ve got small hands I’d perhaps consider something else.

dabble
    Free Member

I had mine three days before the screen cracked in my pocket 🙁 The gorilla/ shatterproof glass isn’t very good.

But it was great for those three days.

richmtb

Get a Samsung X Cover 2 instead. The Sony is waterproof, but the Samsung is water, dust and drop tested – IP67 certified.

Screen on the Sony is a bit nicer and bigger but the Samsung is a good solid phone and has a nice uncluttered implementation of Android too

bearnecessities

Ooh, mine arrives tomorrow. I’m nearly James Bond…

alpin
    Free Member

Posting from one….. Also a tradesman here…

Had it for three months. Impressed/pleased so far. Have so far dropped it twice in the river whilst drunk, nor has it suffered being left on the work bench and being covered in a layer of saw dust.

Nice big, clear screen, too….

Battery is on its last legs after a day of surfing, emails and calls, but that’s the norm with these “smart phones”….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sony Xperia z – any real world experience out there?’ is closed to new replies.