Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • Song that makes you switch off the radio.
  • andytherocketeer

erm…
    definitely Pulp and the Beatles 😉

missed off the Walk 500 miles one off my first list, edit: and ferry cross the mersey

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Cannot listen to Matt Edmonson

Like Nick Grimshaw he was far better at night, neither’s funny when toned down for 12 year olds.

I think I’ve finaly gotten old, I actualy hate Radio1. Even Zane’s gotten a bit reppettative, “new Kanye”, “New Jay-Z”, “new Kanye”, “New Jay-Z”, “new Kanye”, “New Jay-Z”, “new Kanye”, “New Jay-Z”, “new Kanye”, “New Jay-Z”, “new Kanye”, “New Jay-Z”, “new Kanye”, “New Jay-Z”, “new Kanye”, “New Jay-Z”, “new Kanye”, “New Jay-Z”, “new Kanye”, “New Jay-Z”, “new Kanye”, “New Jay-Z”, “new Kanye”, “New Jay-Z”, “new Kanye”, “New Jay-Z”, “new Kanye”, “New Jay-Z”, it’s not f****** new, it’s exactly the same as his last song, only slightly worse!

rocketman
    Free Member

Switched the radio off a long time ago it’s just a racket

brokensoul
    Free Member

Nine Million Bicycles -Katie Melua.
    Eastenders theme

andypaul99
    Free Member

Anything by the Beatles. Overrated tosh

ads678

Started putting radio one on again recently as I thought it only fair that the kids should listen to some modern music and make their own minds up. God it’s f’kin aweful!

seadog101

Up coming Kiwi popstrel Lorde.

For entirely personal reasons (too tough too explain), family Seadog all of the same mind.

kcr
    Free Member

National Anthem at R4 end of broadcasting. Have to hit the off switch before that kicks in.

_tom_
    Free Member

Pretty much everything these days. Used to be able to listen to the radio all the time when driving but I cant stand it any more, so much talentless cheesy crap about and all the djs are incredibly annoying. I guess I’m getting old 🙁

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzGfZXOsIvY[/video]

chrismac

2 main groups.

Anything that is rap
    Anything that has come from the X factor.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

chrismac – Member
    Anything that is rap

This always cracks me up. It’s a broad church y’know…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Aaah – I should have posted this then :
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH34Ny3Wogs[/video]

antigee

anything with radio in the title that has been played to death

radio ga ga (spelling)

video killed the radio star

tonight a dj saved my life (WTF!!!!!!)

etc

edit actually last one doesn’t have radio in the title – thank the lord or it would be on non stop

ps their are alternatives to “radio” in this century

Klunk
    Free Member

there was some god awful acapella rap on 6 music the other morning had me diving for the off button. Though it’s usually DJ’s that do it for me typically Stuart “i’d rather listen to cliff richard than the doors” Maconie.

tortoisenothair
    Free Member

For some reason the Dog has got a dislike for “The Walk of Life” “Dire Straights”
    Every time it comes on the radio he goes mad and with local radio thats quit often, he just needs to hear the intro and Booom

HE’S OFF

It takes us a few minutes to suss out whats going on.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ps their are alternatives to “radio” in this century

Are there indeed?

Although there was a quote (possibly atributed to John Peel) that said “DJ’s are the filter between the music industry and the listener”. Otherwise you’s just listen to the same albums your parents* listened to.

*nostalgia ain’t what it used to be, I found my dad’s record collection. On ballance the 60’s and 70’s were pretty crap! For every Sabbath and Zepplin, there’s hours of unistenable bilge!

mrmoofo

There’s nothing wrong with the music. It’s the lyrics that attempt an apologia for slavery and racism that make me want to throw up.

Do they ?
    I was under the impression that the bit about the “Guv’ner” was all done with a slight sense of irony. And that it was asong thrying to point out “we are not all KKK supporting idiots”
    And the Neil Young thang – they and Neil got on well. Van Zant used to wear a Neil Young T shirt on stage and visa versa.

http://www.thrasherswheat.org/jammin/lynyrd.htm

I don’t actually think SHA is a support song for the Southern Bigots POV/ the South Will Rise Again stuff. AFIK the Muscle Shoals Swampers, that they praise , were mainly black musicians , that could be heard on many great soul tracks.

MrsToast
    Free Member

For some reason the Dog has got a dislike for “The Walk of Life” “Dire Straights”
    Every time it comes on the radio he goes mad and with local radio thats quit often, he just needs to hear the intro and Booom

When I was a kid we used to have a housetrained rabbit who hated Phil Collins. Whenever his music came on, he’d bolt behind the sofa and start thumping. Once he leapt with such vigour he shat mid-jump, splattering the TV cabinet. We reduced the amount of lettuce in his diet shortly after that…

RustySpanner

Anything that Liam Gallagher sings on.

Any Elton John post Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

Anything by Whitney Houston.

Anything by Mariah Carey.

Most Madonna (apart from Ray of Light).

mark88

Maroon 5, the guy’s voice makes my skin crawl

martinhutch

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY[/video]

clubber
    Free Member

Anything by Morrisey 👿

CountZero

Anything by the Beatles. Overrated tosh

Deary, deary me. 🙄
    Just because you don’t happen to like them does not make them overrated tosh.
    Try listening to the bland, safe, middle-of-the-road stuff that filled the charts in the late 50’s, early 60’s, where all the songs were written on a production line system and touted around the artist’s agents, meaning there could be three different versions of one song in the chart at any one time, then imagine what it was like to be a teenager, forced to listen to Andy Williams, or Cliff Richard, Shirley Bassey, Brenda Lee, Perry Como, Anthony Newley, Max Bygraves, Neil Sedaka, Nina and Frederick…
    Then hearing She Loves You, or Twist and Shout, or I Wanna Hold your Hand, and the sudden realisation that there were musicians of your age, creating exciting, exhilarating music that made you want to dance, and your parents hated!
    Try to gain a bit of historical perspective, before writing something off as ‘tosh’.

unovolo
    Free Member

That Flo rida(WTF)chap blowing his whistle baby,whistle baby…….

Just typing that has started to make me seeth.

dannyh
    Free Member

Lady Marmalade – pointless nothingness
    Rock DJ – insipid rubbish, original and cover by old nob head himself
    My Way – narcissistic crap, sung by a crook

Anything with bloody auto-tune on it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Try to gain a bit of historical perspective, before writing something off as ‘tosh’.

1) First attempt at everything is always crap
    2) If they were so good why did Oasis have to come along and re-write all their songs for them?

cheez0
    Free Member

for me, its not really the songs that piss me off.. its the constant playing of the things 4 times a day that eventually makes me sick to hear them.

That skyfall thing from last year.
    plenty of that stuff mentioned above, for the same reason.
    that **** 8am ‘how do you like your eggs’ **** jingle that chris evans plays after moira finishes the news.. and that **** candyman shite.

off switch reached for at 8.05 exactly.

rantus completus.

Cheers

Jazzy B

tomd
    Free Member

Anything by:

Amy Winehouse – her voice grates me. Even the first time I heard her before she was famous.

The Script – miserable, dreary and just awful.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Anything by Meat Loaf

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Mrs Toast – that made me chuckle, But I fear I must add a footnote to your story: Rabbits shouldn’t eat any lettuce, it’s soporific and slightly poisonous for them, viz

ononeorange

“I just called……to say……” Aaa argh arrrrgh! Hateful bloody crap repeated endlessly. I loathe that song with a passion.

I also struggle that I wanna hold your hand was groundbreaking – pretty dull simple song, I would have thought.

DezB
    Free Member

Definitely Robbie Williams – I mean the “melody” to his last piece of crap ner-ner-ner ner ner na na na na ner ner… who the hell thought that would make a song? So unbelievable irritating.
    Any boy band garbage really.

senorj

On the way into work I had the misfortune to hear the new Elton John “tune” .
    +1 for that trendy Bastille band……

andypaul99
    Free Member

Try to gain a bit of historical perspective, before writing something off as ‘tosh’.[/

Thats my opinion and im sticking to it, we are discussing the radio of today not the 60’s. When i hear the Beetles on the Radio of today i switch it off. And i switch it off because i consider the songs to be utter tosh. No amount of history is going to change that opinion.

DezB
    Free Member

You can’t even spell Beatles.

I have to add – anything by Deacon Blue, Duran Duran (especially Wild Boys – why didn’t they get someone who could sing?), most novelty songs,
    Elton John, Meatloaf.. and my wife used to have this Radio 2 show on with show tunes – Michael Ball etc. man, that stuff is painful!

cardo

Willy AM — Bang bang or whatever it’s called absolute cack…

Kanye West — all cack

Example — who told him he could sing?

Beyonce — Wailing load of cack

The Fritellies — almost chucked the cd out of the car window but the missus stopped me, it was hers.

c_klein87

anything by Bruno Marrs

the blurred lines rapey song

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Anything by Queen…

andypaul99
    Free Member

You can’t even spell Beatles.

Yawn

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Song that makes you switch off the radio.’ is closed to new replies.