Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Somewhere to stay while working near kings cross(London)
  • darrimc30
    Free Member

Hi, can anyone recommend a good area near kings cross where I may be able to rent , as I have to work in London for the next two years., travelling back home to newcastle at weekends

mudshark
    Free Member

Well depends on a lot on your budget, Kentish town might suit. BTW, I’ll be working near St Pancras soon, big commute for me though 🙁

darrimc30
    Free Member

Cheers it’s the Francis crick institute for 2 years going to seriously kill my biking, bit naughty not seeing the family all week then popping out with the lads for a ride on a sunday

footflaps

Nice hotel next to KK:

St Pancras Renaissance Hotel by brf, on Flickr

Bit pricey though 😉

hh45
    Free Member

Rode past Francis Crick only tonight and thought that it looked a good addition to the area.

Lots of nice areas nearby such as Camden, Islington and Bloomsbury, all within a mile of KX station and FCI. But none are cheap areas. Alot of hotels near KX used to charge hourly but think they have mostly closed now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

IIRC, Stoner stays in a hotel somewhere Oop Norf (Of the Parks) from time to time, could be worth a look as a short term fix for a few nights.

Failing that, what sort of length of commute would you look at? On a bike, I assume? Brompton it maybe? London’s a big, wonderful place, and there’s a lot of spots that are very commutable to KX area. Oh, and, dare I ask…..budget?

popstar
    Free Member

Hackney is cheapest, but area is patchy. If you manage to rent more into DeBeauvoir Town then you will be happy. And it’s closer.

Holmesey
    Free Member

Have a look on fivenights.com for short term rooms in the week, or airbnb.com
    and look at Grand Central for your commute. been doing it for 18 months. GC much cheaper and more flexible on ticket use than East Coast.

darrimc30
    Free Member

Cheers budgets about 700 a month, looking for something more like a house share than a hotel, no problem cycling to work.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Don’t go anywhere that charges for a room by the hour (just saw someone beat me to it)

You could try Walthamstow, quick journey on the Victoria Line and not that bad

footflaps

Look on Gumtree etc for rooms to rent in cycle friendly households?

popstar
    Free Member

Barnsbury, Islington, DeBeauvoir town, Hoxton (in that order) are closest decent places to live. At your budget it will be manageable to pick n choose spacious room in house share.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Somewhere to stay while working near kings cross(London)’ is closed to new replies.