Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Somewhere to pass a few hours in that London (not boozing)
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I’m popping back to London for a day and a bit for work and between meetings and meeting mates in the evenings I could do with somewhere to sit, catch up with email, maybe a bite of something tasty and some coffee. I’ll be heading into City airport then first meeting is in KingsX but will probably head out via waterloo to check my house hasn’t burned down for an hour or two. So anywhere in the centre is I suppose what I’m saying.

I lived there (still sort of do as I have a house) for 15 years so don’t need touristy stuff, just somewhere to call “home” between doing other things.

theflatboy
    Free Member

your house?

Stoner
    Free Member
    atlaz
    Free Member

theflatboy – It had never occurred to me that my own house may be somewhere I could relax. Thanks for the suggestion. With less sarcasm, it’s out in the sticks as far as London is concerned so don’t want to spend 2 hours travelling for an hour at home.

stoner – not a bad shout. I’ve never been to those places so actually THAT touristy stuff might be a winner

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Wallace is a treasure of a place. Wonderful.

Stoner
    Free Member

TBH theyre not that touristy. Not really on the tourist list. More of a londoner’s secret hidden gem. They’r often busier at lunchtime as cubical dwellers head there for some relief.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Look mum no hands cafe on Old St?

yunki
    Free Member

Wonderful.

how d’you know he’ll fit in..?
    I ‘ope he don’t bring his dear old mum cor blimey..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, as he’s never given any impression of being an angry, angsty, chippy little gobsh….., I’m sure he’ll be fine! 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

And we have a winner for first stop of the day. They open at 7:30am so I’m off to Look Mum No Hands for breakfast as I get off the plane.

Well, as he’s never given any impression of being an angry, angsty, chippy little gobsh….., I’m sure he’ll be fine!

Hmm.. is that compulsory. I’ll give it a shot but that’s not how we roll in Surrey or Luxembourg

theflatboy
    Free Member

atlaz – Member
    theflatboy – It had never occurred to me that my own house may be somewhere I could relax. Thanks for the suggestion. With less sarcasm, it’s out in the sticks as far as London is concerned so don’t want to spend 2 hours travelling for an hour at home.

😆 I see. I just thought you might have overlooked it as “somewhere to call ‘home'”.

lesoxdh
    Free Member

Thames clipper. Get on at the eye and it takes about 2 hours for a round trip.

enfht
    Free Member

Lay flowers at the ElfnSafety memorial, if you’re lucky you may even find him drinking cider outside Camden Town tube station, he’s the one who smells of piss.

brakes
    Free Member

😯 😀

nedrapier

There are some comfy chairs/sofas in the reception room of the Southern slab of Somerset House. Ouside “Tom’s Bar” (I think) cup of coffee or two, book, probably wifi…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Somewhere to pass a few hours in that London (not boozing)’ is closed to new replies.