Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 167 total)
  • Someone sitting on your car
  • jools182
    Free Member

Someone is sitting on the wing of your car.

Do you tell them to get off?

Drac

andyl
    Free Member

Just walk up to them and punch them in the face 😉

oh and

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ekOcmJedkw[/video]

Olly
    Free Member

I used to ride with a guy, who while getting his bike out of the van, took his keys out of his pocket and causally put them on the bonnet of the car next to us while he sorted his camelbak. Nice chap, but wtf?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Slat hoofage level 5.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

It’s only a car.
    There are many more things that are actually important to worry yourself about.

Drac

Such as torque bolts.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Who the **** are you to decide how other people should prioritise what is important to them?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

*180*

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Such as torque bolts.

Or stalking?

Who the **** are you to decide how other people should prioritise what is important to them?

A forum member who is responding to a chat forum question. I’d ask if you have a problem with that but apparently you do.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Knob response.

johnners
    Free Member

If I was in a good mood I’d maybe warn them they were likely to get their clothes dirty.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

A forum member who is responding to a chat forum question.

I’d figured that much out. But still, why do you think you can decide for somebody else what should/shouldn’t be important to them?

cbike
    Free Member

daewoo matiz – yes, purely for their own safety.

Peugeot 206 – Nah can’t be bothered.

If you are worried get little bollards with some coloured rope.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I’d figured that much out. But still, why do you think you can decide for somebody else what should/shouldn’t be important to them?

Try reading between the lines and not taking a forum post so literally.
    “[In my opinion] There are many more things that are actually important to worry yourself about.”
    Does that help your enraged little mind?

rene59
    Free Member

It’s only a car a bike a wife.

Let it go once and where will it end?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Try reading between the lines and not taking a forum post so literally.

I’m fully aware that it’s your opinion. I didn’t think for a moment that it was a Universal, objective truth, which, funnily enough, is why I’m disagreeing with it. So it doesn’t change a thing: why, in your opinion, should you decide what is/isn’t important to another person?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Someone did recently and scratched mine, I was really miffed!

It might only be a car but I worked hard to buy it and don’t appreciate others damaging it!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

So it doesn’t change a thing: why, in your opinion, should you decide what is/isn’t important to another person?

FFS! 🙄 😆

Rorschach
    Free Member

chewkw
    Free Member

OP,

You should ask them politely not to sit on your car.

If they do not response then you really need to beat them silly like kicking their head in. Your property and you have earned with your hard earn sweat and blood, so why should they try to treat it like theirs? It is not theirs.

However, be prepared to have your car damage in return, therefore, if you kick their heads in let them know next time you would kick them, their family, people around them and you would burn their house and their neighbour house down. After all, they can do whatever they want to your property then you can do the same.

😡

mike399
    Free Member

^^^^Well, they ruined that thread pretty quickly^^^

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

This really boils my p***

I used to have to tell so many people to get off the Midget (mostly asian girls posing or taking selfies) that I stuck a laminated sign in the glovebox when parked anywhere remotely ‘British’ as thats where it was worst.

Straw
    [i] sledgehammer [/i] that broke the cammels back was a row of them sat on the bonnet. Language barrier wasn’t an issue in articulating my feelings.

scaredypants

yr laminated sign should have said “£10 per person per photo”

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yr laminated sign should have said “£10 per person per photo”

The thought crossed my mind but I’d rather actually enjoy a day out without the constant feeling of having to come back to a load of scratches on the wing.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

A few years ago prior to flogging it I’d saved hard & was fortunate enough to buy my dream car a M3 CSL which was one of the last made 17k miles, so I walked back my car & there’s this kid half sat on the wing, looked at me with a kind of F*7K of having my picture taken so I politely said get the (8&k of my car with which he replied oh yeah … so a slight scruff of the kneck move & dragged him of my car.

What pissed me of was the total lack of respect for some one elses property, I’d worked hard many years away offshore to buy the car for some scroat to potentially scratch / dent it, sold the car but very much appreciated if for what it was, for too many years I’ve had a people carrier for throwing bikes inside it & sadly I don’t give a hoot about it, poor old bus but she does a cracking job.

jam-bo

I once came out of a pub to be greeted by my mates stood on the roof and bonnet of my car. It was a banger and it was a regular occurrence.

Except this time it wasn’t, mine was parked round the corner….

divenwob
    Free Member

I dont sit on my bonnet.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Skip to 2:02. The guy in the red shirt was trying to tell if it was metal or plastic. When I finally walked over he was just getting his keys out to tap the boot!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbmZg8MUEmQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Moses

Cars have metal shells so that the sensitive insides don’t get damaged. These shells are designed to take the occasional 80mph piece of gravel hitting them, seagull poo and all sorts. Someone sitting on them with feet on the ground, or putting keys down isn’t likely to cause harm, so get off your high horse.
    Or keep it in the garage if you’re so precious.

andyl
    Free Member

I find it really odd that people are defending people sitting on someone elses car without the owners permission.

If you have respect for other peoples property you wouldn’t do it nor would you condone it. Car wings and bonnets do get dented by people sitting on them, the paintwork does get tiny scratches from dirt or clothing, especially jeans with metal rivets. Apart from the obvious annoyance the damage may devalue the car so you are causing that person a loss by ignorant, mindless and unnecessary action. It is trivial in the grand scale of things but it is something which shouldnt be an issue as people shouldnt do it.

jamj1974

I’m not a hardman of any description – Internet or otherwise, but should someone sit on the bonnet or any other part of the protective “metal shell” of a car of mine and there is a kick in the teeth coming their way.

Respect other people and their possessions. It’s bloody important to treat people with dignity and decency.

jools182
    Free Member

Thanks for the input Moses. I was asking a question. I don’t have a high horse.

It’s my car and I don’t like people using it as a perch, especially when I try to look after my things.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Could have been worse

IdleJon

Is the car parked blocking the pavement like most of them around this way?

jambourgie
    Free Member

Meh, I don’t care. If I’m gonna be an antisocial git by running a car in the first place I may as well provide some temporary street furniture.

alpin
    Free Member

If you have respect for other peoples property you wouldn’t do it nor would you condone it.

+1

not on really, irrespective of the value of the car.

how do/would you react when someone leans something against your bike or jumps on the saddle because they want a sit down?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Wouldn’t do it, and would be annoyed if someone did it to my car. It’s a simple case of respect. Clearly there’s quite a few on here who lack it

ski
    Free Member

I once got told off and giving a producer by a police officer, for sitting on top of my car in a car park once.

I was a very young looking and immature 17yo to be fair.

He did try his best to nab me for something, spent ages checking the car and me out, seemed quite miffed when he could not book me for anything!

Apparently its not illegal to sit on your own car 😉

jamj1974

not on really, irrespective of the value of the car.

Absolutely.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 167 total)

The topic ‘Someone sitting on your car’ is closed to new replies.