Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • *Solar Storm X2* *Cree XM-L T6* *Hope Vision 4* *Fenix L2D Rebel* Roundup
  • jamiep
    Free Member

Mine arrived today from Lightmalls after 14 days. Tracking never worked for me.

UK charger. Bright! My 2-year old CREE thingy now looks positively weak in comparison, full seems somewhere just below medium on the X2

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Another one arrived today from Fasttech!! looks like the HK battery issues are resolved! Let there be MOAR LIGHT!

ps mate also received his today too. Looks like its Solar Storm X2 week all round 😀

legend
    Free Member

I just bought mine (3 sets) from one of the eBay sellers. Took around………..22 hours to arrive from Portsmouth, for just over £30 each with free rear lights included too.

When they’re that cheap from within the UK, I dont think I could be arsed getting direct from China

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I just bought mine (3 sets) from one of the eBay sellers. Took around………..22 hours to arrive from Portsmouth, for just over £30 each with free rear lights included too.

When they’re that cheap from within the UK, I dont think I could be arsed getting direct from China

can you post some pics up of the light, I want to know if the UK ones are identical to fasttechs? The button etc looks different on many i’ve seen.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

flybywire – Member
    The x2 received 3weeks ago..

Charged as directed and worked for 5days, with approx 1:15hrs runtime on high. Now the head unit won’t give full output but the battery works fine as powers up another magicshine light I’ve got. Also the UK charger doesn’t work and now have to use the adaptor type.

Anyone else have same fault? a bought the light with battery & charger from UK seller is Sussex on ebay but not appear to be there now. (choice of red and black)

Does your look identical to this?

http://www.solarstorm.hk/productview.asp?id=23&classid=006

Particularly the back, the ones with bigger none logo’d buttons i’ve seen aren’t as bright, and possibly not as reliable/copies.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Murray – Member
    I’ve had an order in with Fasttech for a couple of weeks. The tracking number doesn’t show up on Singapore Post’s site and Fasttech won’t refund until Singapore post return the parcel. I’ve now raised a PayPal dispute.

I just checked and I ordered mine on the 27th September, so about 20 days. I think around October the 1st the battery ban came in and also HK holiday which may delay things a bit.

duntstick
    Free Member

Jeez, this x2 is bright, just arrived today, just wondering what rubber seal I can slip in behind the front glass to act as a seal, without melting.
    Any one tried anything?

cruzcampo
    Free Member

whats the seal for duntstick?

legend
    Free Member

cruzcampo – Member
    can you post some pics up of the light, I want to know if the UK ones are identical to fasttechs? The button etc looks different on many i’ve seen.

Done:

Needz moar lumenz by mark_p2511, on Flickr

Needz moar lumenz by mark_p2511, on Flickr

cruzcampo
    Free Member

cheers legend! look the genuine article! Almost looks like a superman logo on the button 😀

x2 on the bars one on helmet! Outshine the sun LOL

duntstick
    Free Member

Cruzcampo, plan is to keep as much water out as possible.
    If you take the ‘specs’ of the front there appears to be no seals. I’ll be looking to take the rest of it apart soon to find any holes in the case.
    Only received the light yesterday, but I will be trying to improve it before taking it out in the weather.

flybywire
    Free Member

The x2 received 3weeks ago..

Charged as directed and worked for 5days, with approx 1:15hrs runtime on high. Now the head unit won’t give full output but the battery works fine as powers up another magicshine light I’ve got. Also the UK charger doesn’t work and now have to use the adaptor type.

Anyone else have same fault? a bought the light with battery & charger from UK seller is Sussex on ebay but not appear to be there now. (choice of red and black)

Does your look identical to this?

http://www.solarstorm.hk/productview.asp?id=23&classid=006

Particularly the back, the ones with bigger none logo’d buttons i’ve seen aren’t as bright, and possibly not as reliable/copies.

thanks for the replies.. no it’s got the logo on the switch.

I’ve taken images and a short vid of the light performance on high where the intensity flickers with fully charged battery. Just need to work out how to upload 🙄

trickydisco
    Free Member

My x2 arrived yesterday. Used it on the commute and it’s definitely brighter than the light and go fireball (which is a claimed 1100 lumens)i used before

Also just found out you hold the button to turn strobe on!

benp1

thats not an X2…?

andyl
    Free Member

legend, which seller did you use?

trickydisco
    Free Member

thats not an X2.

nope it’s the fireball which i mentioned

it’s definitely brighter than the light and go fireball (which is a claimed 1100 lumens)i used before

legend
    Free Member
    tuffty
    Free Member

Just ordered one of the x2 lights, how long do they take to charge? And when charging, is there a light to show its fully charged?

legend
    Free Member

I’ll let you know shortly! All three are charging right now, there’s a red light which I assume will turn green when they’re charged (it’s green before the power is turned on at the plug). 1 of the three is a little noisey, no burning smells yet though!

cruzcampo
    Free Member

i’ve noticed all chinese light chargers, go green when you connect the battery, I think its the charge left sending a signal to charger.

chorlton
    Free Member

Had mine for about 3 weeks and just done 10 mile in the pissing rain and so far, so good. Wrapped the battery in amalgamating tape to waterproof it first though.

andyl
    Free Member

Cheers legend.

How are people mounting these to bars? With the O-rings supplied or using a different mount like the hope one?

chorlton
    Free Member

Just mounting with the O-rings for now. They’re simple and stay in place.

legend
    Free Member

Oops, forgot the keep an eye on them but they’re all charged now. That was 3.5hrs at the very most

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Apparently you can top them up by charging again, before you use. Not sure how useful this is or how much runtime it adds.

grum
    Free Member

So, after ordering I think on the 9th September – finally got this from Lightmalls.

Hello friend
    I’m so sorry to tell you that , as there are too many parcels from China to oversea and Chinese customs is very strict, your order was returned back to us as some security issue .
    So I wonder if you still need this order or I will cancel it for you .
    Best regards
    Sunny

Meanwhile one I ordered off ebay for £13 arrived in a couple of weeks.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Necro Bump!!!

Still after some batteries for this I bought last year for the Solar Storm X2,… got caught out with light fading this week so time to don the second suns again 😆

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Solarstorm-portable-water-proof-4-18650-battery-box-rechargeable-battery-case-used-for-bike-light/1314568186.html

Anyone find a decent brand/supplier last winter?

sv

Went direct to Blackshadow Tech last autumn, think we bought 6 XT40s from them inc 6cell battery packs and I got a few of those boxes too. Also went direct to he SG2200 manufacturers and got them for £60 delivered to uk.

_daveR
    Free Member

Good revival!

I bought an X2 and have been using it quite a lot recently. It wasn’t quite enough on its own though so I’ve just bought the X3 for the bars and the X2 is now helmet mounted.

Going to try them tonight for the first time!

z1ppy

Ollie/Marmaduke was (is?) selling them last year.. I bought one and didn’t have any issues with it.

_daveR
    Free Member

Slight tangent… any suggestions for a good rear light?

stumpy01

_daveR – Member
    Slight tangent… any suggestions for a good rear light?

Smart Lunar R2. Same design can be had under a few different brand names.

_daveR
    Free Member

Colleague just recommend a Moon Comet R. It certainly seemed massively bright in the office!

Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘*Solar Storm X2* *Cree XM-L T6* *Hope Vision 4* *Fenix L2D Rebel* Roundup’ is closed to new replies.