Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 1,700 total)
  • Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Finally ( hopefully ) Pardew should not get anywhere near a managerial position ever again ..his record when scrutinised is surely the worst of any manager in the Premier League .

Gareth Barry, a model of professionalism, dedication and fitness, one of the most respected footballers (by fellow professionals) was only under Pardew for a short time when he was getting pissed up and nicking taxis in a Spanish city. 🙂

binners

Can I have a hug Bravissimo?

With Jonjo Shelvey – a lot of the time he looks like a red card waiting to happen. Too much of a risk for an international competition.

Does anyone actually care about Engerland any more anyway? They’ll be delivering their usual dire, dull performances, before going out in the group stages anyway. Same as usual.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Jonjo Has admitted himself he has/had motivation and anger issues in the past. Now seeks professional help for these. Has been found guilty for comments made against an opponent in the past –  he denies these comments but was found guilty.

These are all historic issues – but are they held against him now?

I believe he should start for England. He is the most all rounded midfielder we have.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Thought Jose might throw that game

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

I do care about England. I feel we have great young talent in the team from 1-11.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Binners  – Does anyone actually care about Engerland any more anyway? They’ll be delivering their usual dire, dull performances.

No different from Man U and you choose to watch them 😀

salad_dodger

JonJo Shelvey is shite, I remember watching him when he “played” for Swansea and he could not be arsed to even break into a run. His ability seemed to depend on which way the wind was blowing.

hodgynd
    Free Member

The word you missed out there was ” on-field ” issues ..genesiscore

He is as good as gold away from a football field and the very fact that he has recognised his anger issues on the pitch and he has sought help to eradicate this from his game should be applauded .

His disciplinary record in the last half of this season stands scrutiny with any other central midfielder in the country ..

binners

A fair point genesiscore

hodgynd
    Free Member

Yeah ..I remember him not wanting to be at Swansea anymore ..something which he made very public and the fans then giving him dogs abuse ..in his position I don’t think you would bust a gut either 😁.

As for him currently being shite ..well it’s an opinion you are welcome to ..but goes totally against current thinking ..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Shelvey isn’t international class, but then again, looking at half the England squad, that doesn’t seem to prevent them getting into it.

hodgynd
    Free Member

I disagree DD..

Shelvey is international class ..just not world class!

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

^^ agree best player for England in that centre mid role

mikewsmith
    Free Member

|I’d agree with the analysis that Shelvey isn’t fitting the passing game that Southgate is pushing for. But his workrate and distribution has been excellent. Now the people around him are getting into form to get onto the balls it’s showing. He is a talented lad who could do a serious job for England in the in the finial 25 mins of a tight game

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He’s playing central midfield for a team that is currently tenth place, 13 points above the relegation zone, 46 points off the champions and 26 points off UCL qualification. I appreciate Newcastle have put on a good run recently, but cripes, don’t be getting excited about your midfielders. 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I know it’s hard to judge when the quality of the opposition is so lame, CBA Man U, Already on Holiday Arsenal etc. Be nice to get a game against a team who can try for 90 mins 😉

senorj

If I was an arsenal fan I’d be delighted if Rafa went there.

i sincerely hope Jose stays at Man Utd for another two seasons at least .

& Glenn Murray for engerland.

😉

Rockape63
    Free Member

I’ve always liked Shelvey as a player, definitely think he deserves a chance for England.

Rafa for Arsenal is an interesting idea!  Not sure what I think about that!

i still don’t think we should be concerned about Burnley, but as previously mentioned, the average Gooner is pretty ambivalent anyway, as we need to lose Le Prof and if that’s what it takes…..!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

i still don’t think we should be concerned about Burnley,

Thiery on Sky Sports was concerned, 6th May should sort it all out though

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and just seen this!!

Turns out Jose just needed a hug

binners

Well done to City for winning the title though. They have actually been a joy to watch all season, so fair play.

I just did this illustration recently. One of my best mates was a lifelong season ticket holder at City and oversaw a series of relegations and generally dismal performances. He died of cancer age 27, long before the glory days. His sister got in touch recently and commissioned this for their dads 70th.

Hope you’re enjoying every minute of this mate. It’s not Gillingham, but it’ll do I suppose 😀

[url=https://flic.kr/p/258rLof]Ethiad Aguaro Print[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

We were some way short of running them this close, this time around

martinhutch

Nice, Binners.

Must admit, the first three-quarters of the Gillingham game broke me a little (the hope that kills you, as usual). I switched it off at 80 mins in and went off to have a sulk… 🙂

Someone kindly updated me for extra-time.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jaysus!

theotherjonv

Turns out Jose just needed a hug

If Darren Moore wants to give you a hug, you’re getting a hug. Fact.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

theotherjonv

**** me, there were more people in Vincent Kompany’s gran’s living room (although one of them was a red)

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

and

binners

Well Bournemouth have got to fancy their chances tonight, given Sunday’s pitiful capitulation to West Brom. As bad a United performance as i’ve Ever witnessed

I hope Maureen carries through on his threats, and makes sure that either the expensive prime donnas who totally failed to turn up at the weekend up their game by about 500% or they won’t even make the bench in the semi-final on Saturday

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wenger finally announced he’s leaving at the end of the season.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Out with a Europa win and getting overtaken by Burnley?

Message to NUFC, take Rafa’s phone off him sell up fast!

MrSparkle

Big Sam waiting for the call from The Arse.

MSP

Shame that Wenger didn’t just call it quits a couple of years ago, he is like a once great boxer who now is just a punch drunk journeyman, he has tarnished his legacy by not knowing when to quit.

MrSparkle

Yes. it’s like he deed not see eet.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Thank God (not Robbie Fowler)

I adore that man Wenger but all things must pass. 1996- 2005 was an utter joy, but that was a long time ago.

I’m actually excited by Arsenal again for the first time in a while!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Indeed, its been a gradual decline for many years now, so it will be at least interesting to see what happens next.  I would expect to see a lot of people leaving that’s for sure…..our squad is so lightweight!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Message to NUFC, take Rafa’s phone off him sell up fast!

I don’t see Arsenal bringing in any of the established ‘merry go round’ Managers.  They will seek to create a new dynasty with someone like Patrick Viera.  Clearly a gamble, but what Manager isn’t these days!

binners

Joey Barton?

si77

deleted

weeksy

Benitez must be waiting for his call.

Apparently Celtic would let Arsenal speak to Rodgers lol. God I half hope it happens. There would be mutiny!

As for Barton, I’m not really sure what to say lol.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 1,700 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread’ is closed to new replies.