Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • so who's bought a new 26'er in the last month and proud of it :) ?
  • iainc

I’ll start – new Soul, hopefully built up in next week, all brand new.

At 5ft 10 with short legs the couple of 29’ers I tried were too high at the front and I’ve never sat on a 650 😆

Hopefully my expensive toy wont be obselete by Christmas !

vcleysmill
    Free Member

Nomad carbon. Tried a tall boy but didn’t gel.

mrmoofo

Looks like just you 😀

Someone will be a long shortly to join you …
    Maybe ….

iainc

Mrmoofo – patience 🙂

ram13man
    Free Member

Nukeproof Mega Pro .. Big wheels are for girls and Peter Crouch .. 🙂

Kuco

Just over a month ago, Commencal SL and really happy.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

New to me, and it’s my ‘only’ mountain bike now, but I’m lovely my Lynskey Ti456. Funnily enough; not a single person that I ride with has a mountain bike with wheels larger than 26″. We do just fine and there’s plenty of new / recent investments there. Come to think of it, I can’t actually recall the last time I saw a 29er out in the hills? I think we’re going to be ok… 😐

grahamt1980

Transition Bandit. Awesome bike, didn’t even consider an alternative wheel size

bramblerash
    Free Member

Built up a Transition Covert with 160 Bos Devilles at the weekend, just waiting on a longer rear brake hose to complete the build, can’t wait to get out on it 😀

heavy_rat
    Free Member

I’ve had my new giant anthem for 2 weeks now. Deliberated over a 29er and then a 650b but it was doing my head in what with all the choices. So stuck to what I know.

It feels great, love it so far. Its so fast I can’t imagine there are many quicker bikes for xc single track rooty stuff whatever the wheel size

Wookster

Bought my dream bike in 2011……..26″ carbon….I’m doomed!!!

iainc

Nice to see that I am not alone and the balance is being redressed somewhat !

06awjudd
    Free Member

Took 5 months, but I finished my Orange Five last month. Love it.

TiRed

Genesis io id. AND I went down to 26″ from a 29er 😉 . AND it has front suspension. AND gears. Feels a little harsher at the rear, but otherwise not a lot different.

waller
    Free Member

Yep. Cotic Soul as well. almost completed it but my new forks are post mount and my brakes are IS so waiting on a new rotor from CRC.

Got to love change 🙁

kja78
    Free Member

Another Soul here, all second hand components though. Built it up last week, tis rather nice.

khani
    Free Member

Not new but got an all original and good condition Muddy fox courier for twenty quid on eBay.. Complete with cantis and thumbies..
    Tis proper Bo!!! 😀

maxsatnav
    Free Member

OK im in..

purchased friday last week

2013 Stumpy EVO 😀

Northwind

I’m converting a road bike to 26 inch, if that counts :mrgreen:

mikewsmith
    Free Member

something new in 26 coming soon

spectabilis
    Free Member

Built up a new Piglet recently I can cope without the helping hand of bigger wheels… I must be that’ard.

eyerideit
    Free Member

I bought some terribly unfashionable 26″ wheels, they weren’t new as I don’t think you can buy them in the shops anymore. You have to hunt them down by ringing shops like J R Hartley did to get a book about fly fishing.

Oh, I also bought some tyres of the same size, I might stock pilling them as they’re going to stop making them a week on Thursday then we’ll all be screwed according to some.

I’m converting a road bike to 26 inch, if that counts

Always against the flow eh? You’re like a spawning salmon.

yunki
    Free Member

This is what I would look like next to a 29er… (except prettier and hairier obviously, and with more manly shoes) so for now, I’ll be sticking to 26ers

boxelder

Hope that nasty mikewsmith isn’t going to pick on me and make things up that I’m supposed to have posted while tired and slightly drunk…..
    😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

so who’s bought a new 26’er

New (to me) Tallboy

Boxelder Fail…..

tomhoward

Last few bits are en route for my inbred 26er.

In truth it’s been built for a while, I’m just fickle.

captainsideburns
    Free Member

@Yunki,
    I resemble that remark

IMG_0606 by Captainsideburns, on Flickr

benzi
    Free Member

new 26 giant trance for me! im sticking with the 26 for now, all my other bikes are 26, too much effort to change,

rOcKeTdOg

. Funnily enough; not a single person that I ride with has a mountain bike with wheels larger than 26″

Where do you ride, the 1990’s? 😉

thorpie
    Free Member

Waiting on a new Transition Bandit build, frames have arrived in the country, just awaiting customs clearance. 26 inch wheels for me!

simonjj
    Free Member

Transition Covert Carbon just finished in the last few weeks fitted with some lovely 26″ Crossmax SX wheels.

b45her
    Free Member

contrary to what the magazines claim and clown bike evangelists believe conventional sized wheels still outsell 29ers by a very large margin.

recent riding buddies new bikes include

intense carbine 26
    enduro evo 26
    canyon strive 26
    canyon nerve 26
    and theres a five inbound too.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I’ve just finnished my enduro build last week
    Its rapid downhill and climbs far better than It should
    And all on 26 wheel.

Will also add one mate has just got a stumpy evo 26 wheel

Both of us could have waited till the 2014 range which are bound to change both these bikes
    But did not see the point

ahsat

My new soul will be built in the next couple of weeks. As a relatively tall woman with short body i couldn’t see 29’er working. There is got to be some thing worth the fuss so would like to try one at some point but i can’t see 26′ dying.

crush83
    Free Member

Nearly finished saving for a Knolly Endorphin 26.

b45her
    Free Member

i wouldn’t worry about it too much outside the lycra XC world and the surrey “hills” 29ers are still about as common as the lochness monster.

orangeboy
    Free Member

One more thing to add.
    Most of the 29er we sell are to those new to cycling
    They have no preconceptions and as Spesh is the main brand at work
    Choice can be limited

_tom_
    Free Member

Not this month but built up a Scott Voltage a while ago and still loving it. Don’t see the 29er fuss, this is too much fun!

iainc

I think this might be my favourite thread of all the ones I have ever started 😆

wl
    Free Member

New Orange Five frame here, wasn’t tempted by other wheel sizes. No one managed to convince me it was worth it so I stuck with what I know and like, and what I had the parts for already.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘so who's bought a new 26'er in the last month and proud of it :) ?’ is closed to new replies.