Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • So where's the cold weather??
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

All this talk of cold weather etc and certainly in my part of West Yorkshire the temperatures have only just been dropping to 0 over night and the trails are not even properly freezing over 🙁

Drac

Cancelled due to lack interest.

crispo
    Free Member

-4c here near chorley this morning.

Its chilly but without the wind and snow it doesnt seem too bad.

anagallis_arvensis

because it has got to freezing in the south its become news, no one gives a shit whats happening in Yorkshire

nickf
    Free Member

-4 walking the dogs this morning in Watford. Mind you, that was at 5am.

allthepies
    Free Member

-3 on the Surrey commute today. Nice and dry everywhere though so no ice on roads/trails 🙂

alfabus
    Free Member

-5.5 degrees in cheltenham this morning.

I took the car to work, but my wife still rode to tewkesbury! brr!

Dave

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

– 5 in Harwood according to the phone weather app. Crunchy trails in the local woods 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

It’s **** freezing down ‘ere on the Kent coast. A plastic chair was blown over in my neighbour’s garden. Should be on the news later.

jon1973
    Free Member

Seemed nippy enough on my ride in to work this morning. It’s dry though to no ice or frost. Must have been around -3C or around there.

Bear
    Free Member

yoss, where are you on the Kent coast, chilly here in Folkestone!

And yes couldn’t care what it is doing in Yorkshire……..

mintimperial

-5C in Huddersfield last night, the trails were lovely and crunchy. Where in West Yorkshire are you?

tomaso
    Free Member

It was minus five in the Langdales last night with large icey patches covering some trails and the bogs were like creme brulee. It was plenty cold enough with frozen mechs brakes and jockey wheels, but fording the river rather than taking the bridge was foolhardy.

binners

-3 in Rammy this morning.

Don’t worry. Its Hit the North on Saturday. Everything will have thawed out by then, and it’ll be bucketing down to deliver the traditional ‘Somme’ feel to proceedings!

scaled
    Free Member

Was pretty cold on the way in to manchester this morning.

No idea on actual temperature but i got to work without sweating wearing a dare2b softshell so i’d guess below 0!

hels
    Free Member

-7 in Peebles this morning. I win !!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

North Bradford, West Yorkshire. I was up Emley Moor way around 6ish last night and it was only 1 degree. When I left the house this morning it was only -0.5 and thats roughly what its been the last few days… certainly the local moors are not half as solid as they were just a couple of weeks back.

big_scot_nanny

-12 in Basel and sowing like a be-atch! Decided not to take the roadrat (wee skinny tires!), so took the mega with 2.5″ big Bettys. Absolute pig to ride on the flat, will be awful on the big ride uphill home, but I deffo didn’t slide this morning!

yetidave
    Free Member

-7 in Falkirk, -5 to the north of Glasgow, brrrr

mugsys_m8

Tbilisi, Baku and to a lesser extent Istanbul have all been Baltic (well not literally)in the last 5 days.

jp-t853

-9 East Cumbria on the Brannon max min thermometer which is under the eaves of the summer house, it is the coldest this year but probably the sixth night of -6 or below in the year.

sharkbait
    Free Member

-6 just outide Chester @ 8:30 but very sunny so will shoot up to 1 soon!

Caher

-10 here in central Suisse and snowing like snow globe.

higthepig
    Free Member

-12 in southern Nederlands at present, will rise to -6 by lunchtime though!

toby1

It’s chilly on the hands, but not really all that bad, was worse this time last year.

I even saw a guy in shorts this morning – made me think my full length tights were overkill.

About -3 though I’d say.

Oh and Nickf – Watford – sorry about that! (former home town)

donsimon
    Free Member

-6 just outide Chester @ 8:30 but very sunny so will shoot up to 1 soon!

That’ll explain why all the girls have healthy looking suntans.
    yr.no says about -1ºC in the village, down here in the valley I guess it’ll be a bit cooler. North Shrops if we’re looking for locations too.

iDave
    Free Member

Don’t know the actual temperature here but it’s a bit colder than you’d want it to be when you’re carrying a car battery half a mile with no gloves.

duckman

-3 on the commute this morning, but sunny and nae wind, lush!

zippykona

Local river has frozen in epsom

derekrides
    Free Member

Bear – Member
    yoss, where are you on the Kent coast, chilly here in Folkestone!

And yes couldn’t care what it is doing in Yorkshire…… 😆

Was going to post the self same thing, also from Folkestone.

Mounty_73

-4 this morning, warming up to -1 now and just about to hit my local trails….so it should be dry! 😀

hofnar
    Free Member

-16 in mida france yesterday morning only -11 this morning still negative mid day

mintimperial

North Bradford, West Yorkshire. I was up Emley Moor way around 6ish last night and it was only 1 degree.

That’s bizarre. I can’t be much more than 10 miles from Emley and it was definitely down at -5C last night, and I wasn’t all that high up either. Are you sure your bike wasn’t on fire or something? 🙂

iainc

GMBC Mugdock ride last night saw 10 of us taking in some lovely crisp trails with a temp of -4. briliaint fun 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

Not that bad here really, driving home last night it was still above 0. Just really windy which is annoying on the road bike.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“Are you sure your bike wasn’t on fire or something?”

I was driving past Emley Moor, and then went for a run on Baildon Moor

I’ve been waiting for the local trails to crisp up before taking the bike out as I dont want to get muddy! Perhaps Bradford is running with its own micro climate at the min….

Squidlord
    Free Member

-10 in Prague this lunchtime.

brokensoul
    Free Member

I came out of work in South Leeds at 7 this morning, no frost/ice on the van. Balmy.

trailmonkey

because it has got to freezing in the south its become news, no one gives a shit whats happening in Yorkshire

there’s a reason for this :

no one gives a shit whats happening in Yorkshire

Mounty_73

Just back from local trails, most of it still frozen, which is good as its usually a mud fest…..melting in the sun a little now…

I do enjoy the crisp cold rides at this time of year! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘So where's the cold weather??’ is closed to new replies.