• This topic has 68 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jonba.
Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • So where you watching "the match" tonight?
  • Woody
    Free Member

I’m in Sicily and will be watching it on a big screen by the pool.

There is only one English couple here and lthe others are mostly German, French and Dutch.
    I am being given an Italian flag by the barman as I’m Scottish. My missus is English and she is even less interested in the result than me !

Drac

Am I right in thinking you’re ambulance crew drac? Or is that someone else? If so good luck and stay safe!

Yes I am. Ta. Hopefully everyone will just wander home safe and sound but I doubt it.

Rockape63
    Free Member

On the sofa draped in the Flag! Just concerned about staying awake as it’s been a full day!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Why is it called the beautiful game? Well despite the cheating, diving, play acting, dodgy refs, bent FIFA reps, it’s a game that genuinely has the most amazing moments of skill, emotion and pure theatre. No other game like it and that’s why it’s embraced by the world….rich or poor!

PrinceJohn

As group whipping boys Costa Rica are showing us now…

Still not sure if I’ll make it to the pub, was out on the bike from 10am -6pm today.. Little bit sunburnt and tired…

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

my iphone started sending me England songs via “the cloud” this morning. I was trying to largely ignore this WC but now I’m sat on the sofa armed with beer and pringles.

Could have done without the 5am starts this week though. Uruaguay Vs Costa Rica is turning into a good game

bearnecessities

..not if you’ve got Uruguay in the sweepstake 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Kick off is 11pm eh? Can you imagine sitting up that late watching England and one of their frightened-to-lose-so-play-cagey-boring-football-and-frustrate-every-England-supporter-watching-for-the-whole-damn-90-minutes perfomances? I think I’ll Sky+ and watch with my kid in the morning.

PrinceJohn

Kick off is 11pm eh?

Originally it was going to be 2am…

bikeneil
    Free Member

So where you watching “the match” tonight?

Only long enough to find the remote…

darrell
    Free Member

what, the cricket match is still on

Jamie
    Free Member

Kick off is 11pm eh?

Yup. I believe they scheduled it at that time just to annoy you, Dez.

If it’s any consolation, the next two are at more reasonable times:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The match was on at 1600. Not best pleased with the result really.

Oh, and now I have to endure a month of people asking me about the soccer, assuming that I give a shit. Can we please have a separate forum for all the inevitable soccer threads?

Jamie
    Free Member

Can we please have a separate forum for all the inevitable soccer threads?

No.

*note to self: start loads of soccer threads*

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Watching at home in NI. Since we are unlikely to make another World Cup ever I wish England and the fans all the best.
    Really excited at the selection hope they go for it.

Rockape63
    Free Member

WTF is Soccer? Purleeeeese!

timidwheeler

I’m watching on holiday in South Wales and I’m really looking forward to it. The team looks good, really positive. I love top class sport in all its forms (cept golf obviously).
    Come on England!!

timidwheeler

Btw Mr TW has fallen asleep on the sofa. Leaving me to watch the game alone 😥

TiRed

Off to bed. Nationals race tomorrow morning. Listened to Costa Rica. We’re out already 😉

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I think if one has a nice local, out the way or has a strong contingent of non-****er locals, then it’s a great idea.

You could try my local, in Stirling, cambuskenneth to be exact, same 6 guys every night regardless, rangers fans mostly so some england sympathies.
    I’d like to see a good game, and since there is a lower than ever in knob quotient in the squad, let’s have an England win.

spud-face

Jamie
    *note to self: start loads of soccer threads*

The trick is to start loads of enticingly titled threads which then swerve into football – i.e. “What artisanal shoe horn…?”
    “..did uncle Roy use to fit Rooney into that team? On the wing, he’ll only have a strop and wander off”

Rockape63
    Free Member

Phil Neville ……..OMG!

spud-face

It’s neither Owen or Townsend though, thank christ. Phil’s so monotonous he’s a background drone I hardly notice – that’ll do for me

DezB
    Free Member

I suppose the “soccer” (ooh, my sides!) haters feel the need to come onto a soccer (stop, it hurts!) thread and declare their dislike for soc(I can’t do it anymore!!) football is because it is such a massively popular sport. I don’t normally watch it anyway, but the World Wendyball Championships are always good entertainment and part of life ain’t they.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Why is Baines the coolest player on the park, exactly?

Neville is awful.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

Terry Butcher wants a word…

scaredypants

Wendy doesn’t

jonba
    Free Member

If we are going for people keeping going when hurt you are going to struggle to beat Johnny.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘So where you watching "the match" tonight?’ is closed to new replies.