Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • So what's a company van worth as a "perk"?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Ill be picking up my new to me van next friday. I went and spent the companies money on it yesterday. Was chatting to my mate who’s a senior factory manager in the food production industry and he reckons its a massive perk as he doesn’t get a company car.

alfabus
    Free Member

for tax purposes, it is much less of a perk (benefit in kind) than a car.

for that reason, i have one 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

whatever they paid you to get it less anything your not allowed to do with it like convert it properly to a cheeky bike carrying camper?

5thElefant
    Free Member

A friend of mine had a Ducatio van. Dyslectic genius.

project
    Free Member

House clearances at weekends, evenings,

bike transport vehicle,

park on yellow lines , ensure you wear a hi viz bib abn helmet, to make suere traffic wardens walk on,it intimidates them it appears,

only ever let other van drivers out of junctions,

wrightyson
    Free Member

Of course when it has my bike in it I’m on work business, I’m obviously off to fetch materials on a Saturday and the fact I stopped on the way to see if my bike was still riding ok has nothing to do with the taxman!

legend
    Free Member

As a mountain biker, as a perk it’s worth it’s weight in gold! Mrs L has a work Vito, no more getting changed in the rain, it’s somewhere to sleep, you can just wheel bikes straight in/out with zero faff, take all the stuff you could ever want on trips to France or whatever, you can intimidate other road users and only need to give cyclists 1 inch of room when overtaking 😉

Would be absolutely gutted if we had to give it back.

footflaps

and only need to give cyclists 1 inch of room when overtaking

Does the Association of White Van Drivers know about this? They’ll revoke your membership for being too generous, in direct contravention of their road craft code….

TuckerUK
    Free Member

If the van is signwritten and they’ve expect you to take it home at weekends and in the evening, it can be negative. Not everyone wants a commercial vehicle parked on their property. Ditto in their area.

fannybaws
    Free Member

no bik for vans, though if you want personal fuel there is a salary sacrifice i believe.

alfabus
    Free Member

no bik for vans, though if you want personal fuel there is a salary sacrifice i believe.

There is a BIK of £5k for vans with any more than negligable personal use.

On top of that there is a £550 BIK for personal use fuel

thomthumb
    Free Member

If the van is signwritten and they’ve expect you to take it home at weekends and in the evening, it can be negative. Not everyone wants a commercial vehicle parked on their property. Ditto in their area.

some houses actually have covenants stating this – not sure who enforces that though – 40 years after the estate was built…

i loved my van at first but i’m starting to get frustrated with parking the thing at work – where i have to squeeze into fewer and fewer residential spaces in the roads close by.

wrightyson
    Free Member

As I said the van is only ever used on “work duties”

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘So what's a company van worth as a "perk"?’ is closed to new replies.