Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • So, what psychic experiences have you had then ?
  • Following the recent clairvoyant thread, does anyone want to own up to having any sort of psychic experience, premonition, communication with the dead, or the like ?

I had a witch take a wart off my hand once when I was a kid.
    It had been there a while, I showed it to her, she said she would get rid of it, a few days later it was gone.
    Could be just coincidence.

I’ve had three premonitions which came true.
    Probably selective memory and I’ve just forgotten the ones that didn’t.

Someone I know walked in to a psychics fare and one of psychics picked her out from the crowd unprompted and told her some vague, but specific details about a recent death.
    One of those ones that’s a bit too good for cold reading, but not good enough to simply accept at face value.

bencooper
    Free Member

Doing urbex stuff, I’ve had quite a few unsettling experiences. The worst was possibly in some shipyard offices – standing in the middle of a room, I heard a scrabbling sound above me. Then another from another direction, then more and more all round.

All I could think about was the scene from Aliens where they realise the aliens are above the ceiling.

It was pigeons, of course.

So no. I’ve seen things out of the corner of my eye, I’ve walked into a room and there’s been a man-shaped shadow in the corner for a second, I’ve walked through a factory at night and heard footsteps behind me, I’ve had a door slam suddenly as I approach, but there’s no-one there.

But they’ve all had, on investigation, rational explanations.

unklehomered
    Free Member

None, but i’m pretty intuitive.

RustySpanner

I have a premonition that someone will shortly be picked up for incorrectly spelling the word ‘fair’.

slackalice
    Free Member

Well, as you’re asking. Whether it’s psychic or just pure coincidence I know not, nor particularly care for that matter, however….

In 1981, my dad whilst driving alone, died in a car accident. I was some 80miles away in my digs. At the same time of his accident, I collapsed and passed out.

Go figure.

Well spotted Rusty spanner.
    I deliberately avoided the fake olde worlde use of the word Fayre and assumed a market type place where things are sold was a fare, as in Fine Fare, not a fair, as in fair of face or fair decision.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Bencooper, a similar shadow-in-the-corner experience has happened to me on numerous urbex trips. I’ve a few vague theories about why it happens, mostly concerning the unconscious mind corrupting, as it were, my peripheral vision. Some urbex locations really stimulate dream-like sensations – probably all the mould spores and bad air!

TuckerUK
    Free Member

As a teen I was having a sneaky smoke in the house (which was banned) when I suddenly heard my mum’s door keys turning in the lock, having obviously returned early from a long distance trip.

In record time I extinguished the cigarette, cleared away the ashtray, and sprayed something smelly to mask the smell.

No one appeared.

Thinking perhaps I’d locked the front door from inside I opened it. No one there. I walked outside the house and looked all around. No one about at all.

If I was given a lie detector test it would show that I 100% believe I heard those keys in the door. However, I’m a facts kinda guy, so I know those huge uncharted parts of the brain that give us imagination, well, give us imagination.

I once met a friend of a work colleague who proceeded to tell me my zodiac sign, and a few other titbits. I do wonder how he did it, what with me being a naturally borne skeptic and all, it was impressive.

My mum is convinced that ‘things’ always come in threes. I have explained to her that if you count them in sevens (or any other number you care to choose), the come in sevens too, but she doesn’t quite get it.

Cougar

I’m having a premonition right now as to how this thread’s going to end up… (-:

alpin
    Free Member

my sister recently went to a clairvoyant. the house next door to our folks came up for sale a few days before. the woman said that my sister would end up in a house with a big garden. a week later she looked at the house and their offer was accepted.

now did she get the house because it was written in the sky/ball/inky water/bones or because she was told she would be living in a house with a large garden she was more determined to put in an offer…?

i always said that when the old guy popped his clogs we as a family should buy it.

samuri
    Free Member

Old Trafford telephone exchange is haunted.

No one would ever work there at night by themselves and everyone who ever worked there including me, has experienced some really strong ‘presence’ feelings when alone.
    On one occasion there was someone stood behind me looking over my shoulder, I’m absolutely convinced.
    I spun round in shock but no one was there.

I’d never work there alone again after that.

All a load of bobbins though this stuff, yes? 😉

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

A close friend of mine stayed in the Llanberis mountain hut over night. He’s a very down-to-earth kind of guy, probably somewhere on the borderline aspergeic spectrum, I reckon. Anyways, so he was sleeping in the bunks upstairs, but was woken in the dark by some people entering the bunk room late at night and settling in. He even said a nocturnal ‘hello’ to them. Next morning, it was clear that absolutely no one had been there.

The harshness with which the clairvoyant-experience dude was cut down by yesterday was simply classic STW, but anyways..

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

I’m having a premonition right now as to how this thread’s going to end up… (-:

How’s that working for you, so far?

cranberry
    Free Member

I’ve had loads and loads of physics experiences – don’t know why people come up with strange and silly explanations for them.

Spin
    Free Member

told her some vague, but specific details

Can’t be both!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have had millions more feeling sthat did not happen but lets not give any significance ati that and lets talk about interesting coincidences instead

Its a no from me tbh
    I used to get dragged to the Fairs by my mum it is really funny to lead them astray by nodding and agreeing at the wrong thing and listening to them run with it

My favourite was one telling me about how I was going to have a happy life as a gay man and my still alive gran was looking over me and that i would do well on stage at my next production

Al utte rBS

vorlich
    Free Member

Anyways, so he was sleeping in the bunks upstairs, but was woken in the dark by some people entering the bunk room late at night and settling in. He even said a nocturnal ‘hello’ to them. Next morning, it was clear that absolutely no one had been there.

So he was dreaming then? Fairly obvious, no?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Must’ve been.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I’ve had loads and loads of physics experiences – don’t know why people come up with strange and silly explanations for them.

Me too, my favourite lesson.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Okayee… get this one. It’s pretty weird-o.

One night in 2004 I had this vividly repeating dream, over and over, a series of images, about rocks underground, grinding together, with immense pressure building up, and people panicking about it.

The next morning I saw the news:

Boxing day Tsunami.

Of course you will tell me that I imagined it/dreamt it, etc. Which of course you are entitled to do.

Reality is in essence, what we chose to believe.

racefaceec90

i had 1 when i was at the pub with my friends (during the day).i started getting this really powerful feeling that i needed to go home (i lived with my grandfather).it just kept getting stronger.well i went home and found my grandfather having a stroke in his chair 😥 he died a week later (he had had a few strokes before).

i also reckon i woke up at exactly the time my grandmother died (this was when i was 11) of ovarian cancer.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

What some people sadly forget, or just don’t know, is the well proven repeatable fallibility of people. In legal circles it is a well known phenomenon. Key witnesses who say they saw a suspect yet describe someone who clearly was never there, and didn’t look anything like anyone that was there. People recalling people saying something they didn’t (proved by recordings).

I seem to recall reading about a staged murder in a pub/bar where some legal students were having lunch. Not one of them managed to correctly identify the ‘murderer’.

I once won around £80 on the lottery, and I clearly remember where I was standing, and in which house, when I realised I’d won. However, it was pointed out to me by a sharp eyed friend that the lottery hadn’t yet started when I lived in that house! False memory.

DezB
    Free Member

My wife read my mind once. I swear I didn’t say anything out loud, just thought it and she asked me about what I’d just thought.
    Pretty spooky. Only happened once.

Junkyard
    Free Member

One night in 2004 I had this vividly repeating dream, over and over, a series of images, about rocks underground, grinding together, with immense pressure building up, and people panicking about it.

And every other night before and since I have had dreams that did not come true

It is not psychic just an interesting event, from thousands of random dreams, that makes sense. Just the effect of numbers or the monkeys at a keyboard effect

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator: I’m having a premonition right now as to how this thread’s going to end up… (-:

I think this is the bit where Cougar’s premonition comes true. Ohhhh looky! I shall get my coat and head auuuufff.

told her some vague, but specific details
    Can’t be both!

I won’t give the exact details, but suppose someone said “Someone close to you died recently. I can see a carbon fibre mountain bike” a week after a relative had ridden their carbon fibre mountain bike over a cliff, I’d count that as both vague enough to be cold reading, but specific enough to suggest they had some inside information.

Regarding the underground rocks dream and tsunami, I’ve heard similar stories about the titanic.
    If you consider how many people there are in the world, how often the dream about sinking ships or earthquakes, and how widely reported those events are, it’s inevitable that the two will sometimes coincide.

Edukator
    Free Member

The banner adverts up top that accompany this thread are pure comedy gold.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Did anyone see the Derren Brown thing with the ‘psychic medium’, who had initially agreed to be tested under laboratory conditions? Interesting, but ultimately cringeworthy. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see something like this turn out to be genuine, but it hasn’t happened yet has it? The wife and I have had some lively discussions about ‘psychics’ – she’s very much in the ‘it’s ok as long as people draw some comfort from it’ camp, where as I pretty much see it as taking advantage of people at an often vulnerable period in their lives.

honkiebikedude
    Free Member

I’ve had a few psychedelic experiances and seen some real weird shit .

Does that count ? 😀

TuckerUK
    Free Member

The wife and I have had some lively discussions about ‘psychics’ – she’s very much in the ‘it’s ok as long as people draw some comfort from it’ camp, where as I pretty much see it as taking advantage of people at an often vulnerable period in their lives.

Ditto. Drives me mad. 🙄

Three_Fish
    Free Member

And every other night before and since I have had dreams that did not come true

Your argument is something of a straw man. I don’t think that all dreams are reflective of the same, or single, process. There are many anecdotes of precentient dreams – of both personal experience and global events – not to mention evidence of single consciousness in numerous species. Just because one dream appears to be a premonition, doesn’t mean that all dreams need also be premonitions.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I am uncomfortable about psychic stuff for many reasons – mainly the charlatan aspect plus I don’t think it’s an area where people should meddle generally. But I once did a ouija board at University and found it a very disturbing experience that I would not care to repeat. I also worked with a guy who claimed to be psychic. He would often go very quiet and into a slight trance and tried to tell me things. I always refused as politely as I could but found it very uncomfortable.

jekkyl

Once I was awake and the wife asleep next to me I heard a funny noise & there was also a strange smell in the room. Next morning the smell had gone and no-one could explain it.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

😆

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Your argument is something of a straw man. I don’t think that all dreams are reflective of the same, or single, process. There are many anecdotes of precentient dreams – of both personal experience and global events – not to mention evidence of single consciousness in numerous species. Just because one dream appears to be a premonition, doesn’t mean that all dreams need also be premonitions.

Um, did you completely miss his point?

There are many anecdotes of a great many things (Lochness Monster, Elvis working in a chip shop, faeries, ghosts, gods, Big Foot, flying saucers, Tigers in Tooting…).

CountZero

None.

Pauly

Interesting as there are a couple of similar stories on this thread already.

My grandpa had been ill for some time, and my dad and I had been to visit him and my grandma. We left to drive home, and about 20mins into the drive I had a feeling that we should turn round and go back, even said so to my dad who brushed it aside.

When we arrived home 40 mins later, we had a call to say my grandpa had died. Would have been about the exact time I had the urge to turn around.

Make of it what you will.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

All this talk of Grandads reminds me of the time my grandad died, as he lay there just deceased, there was a huge Paaphaaaaarp ! His final fart was truly memorable, the finest ive ever heard in terms of depth and consistency.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I knew that Mum was dying even before I got the phone call from the hospital.

Science says there is no proof or mechanism for it. Me, I know differently.

Spin
    Free Member

His final fart was truly memorable, the finest ive ever heard in terms of depth and consistency.

That’s beautiful.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘So, what psychic experiences have you had then ?’ is closed to new replies.