Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • So tell me.. how do I ID this Hope hub (Bulb or XC)
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Visual differences? Don't have it to hand i'm afraid.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

hope bulb

singlespeedstu

Looks like an CX to me.
    Bulb's had a Ti freehub body.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Sure? Why?

naokfreek
    Free Member

Looks like an xc to me, bulbs had a ti freehub, IIRC

singlespeedstu

Is there an echo in here? 😉

z1ppy

Well just looked at both types if hubs & I believe it's a XC, as visually the bulb seems to have a wide flat section nr the freehub. Can't make out the writing in the picture on my phone, but on one XC hub actually has "XC" marked omit, though admittedly my g/f XC hub doesn't

sc-xc

It said 'BL' on the bulb I had…

willej

Should say on the shell. What does the small etching say below the Hope logo?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Don't have the hub here.. this is related to my other post 😕

michaelbowden

Looks like an XC to me. Bulbs have a much biger body which take bigger bearings to allow the conversion to 12/20mm axle's

pinches
    Free Member

looks identical to my bulb. They don't all have ti freehub bodys.

scaredypants

XC for me too – some bulbs have black steel freehubs, but every bulb I've seen has a marked "seam" between the tapered part and the level section of the hub body

z1ppy

+1 to SP'a comment, now I brought my bulb hub out into the daylight, the lower flat section has a definite seam, like it's a seperate section that been pressed together.

alanf
    Free Member

Definitely an XC – the flanges are about level on the bulb but the drive side is smaller on the XC as in the picture – just compared the 2 side by side – Xc all the way, oh yeah, and +1 for the ridge/seam around the middle of the bulb

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘So tell me.. how do I ID this Hope hub (Bulb or XC)’ is closed to new replies.