Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • So it's OK to promote you r business on here now
  • tall_martin

What about promoting (my) band? is that ok, or only if a reccomend me a band thread comes up?

I’m guessing by the complete lack of band threads the answer is no 🙁

Cougar

Jesus guys, it’s really not difficult. Why does anything like this have to turn into an exercise in exploring fringe cases and loopholes?

I posted a link to the forum rules earlier, but for the hard of reading, here’s what it says:

No Trade or business advertising – except bona fide retailers may respond to genuine enquiries from potential customers.

I fail to see how that’s ambiguous. In situations where a post is questionable, we’ll try and make a sensible decision case-by-case. It might not always be correct – we’re only human (mostly) – but we’ll try to be.

Cougar

What about promoting (my) band?

Depends. Are you advertising a trade or business?

If you’re promoting your new song and you want people to listen cos you think it’s cool, I’d say that’s fine. If you’re promoting your new song because you want people to buy your CDs, that probably isn’t, unless you’re responding to a “hey, anyone in a band have any new tunes out?” thread. If you’re somewhere in between, you’re into the realms of one of those common sense decisions we talked about a moment ago.

In My Opinion / As I Understand It, anyway.

I’m guessing by the complete lack of band threads

… apart from the one I posted earlier this week, you mean? (-:

wwaswas

I fail to see how that’s ambiguous.

see, this is why you’re moderator material 🙂

The rest of us could keep a 300 post thread going on that sentence without reaching a firm conclusion.

Cougar

Sometimes, this place is like Vogon poetry.

wwaswas

Sometimes, this place is like Vogon poetry.

It’s the feeling of relief when it stops that you have to cling on to.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Why does anything like this have to turn into an exercise in exploring fringe cases and loopholes?

Trying to work out which one of middle-class, whiny or cockbags cause it… probably the cockbags 😛

tall_martin

nullCheers for that Cougar, I must have mised your thread. Since it’s we’ve got an album out -buy- buy I’ll just keep it under my hat:) cough shotgun tuesday by Euler cough:)

Rockape63
    Free Member

Cougar….do you wear a tweed jacket with leather elbow patches?

wwaswas

he’s a dab hand throwing a board rubber *rubs forehead*

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘So it's OK to promote you r business on here now’ is closed to new replies.