Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • So injury updates from the weekends riding single trackers?
  • batman11
    Free Member

So for me,
    having negotiated around a random walker coming up a pretty quick downhill trail just before a rolling step down which of cause meant I was off line the ensuing crash has left me with quote! 3 severely broken ribs

rocketman
    Free Member

The only thing I damaged was the self-esteem of the demo riders at Cannock by passing all of them! On a fat bike! hahahahhahha

*cough* IGMC

batman11
    Free Member

Well I passed my buddy’s to! Like superman but only for about a second then I came down like something out of Armageddon

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Really sore thumb nail, had a bit of a slide off on a banked corner and it got stuck under the shifter as the bike went down. Was a bit sweary.

cloudnine
    Free Member

2 and I quote … ‘Quite minor’ bramble scratches

slimjim78
    Free Member

Bit of a, and I quote ”niggling hip ache”.

Northwind

Noticable skin deficit on my left arm courtesy of a total brain failure at glentress- last minute decision to ride round an innocuous root for no reason at all, lost front end trying to square the corner off. ANnoyingly I’d taken my elbow pads off earlier as it was warm. Laminated myself with tegaderm and got out for another ride yesterday, I’m so hard. (*)

(* witnesses who heard the noises I made while scraping the dirt out of the cuts may disagree. Quote, “owwwwie”. Like a small child.)

bombjack
    Free Member

Not so much from riding, but played 80 mins of “vets” union on Saturday (having recently hit 36 and as such qualifying!) and could barely move Sunday morning.
    Rode Afan on Sunday PM and felt ok, did not however enjoy the 4 hr drive back home. I feel like shite and I’m shuffling around the office like a broken old man.

batman11
    Free Member

Well northwind you should of heard the noises coming out of me as I rolled around on the dirt! Seem to remember saying to my buddy I’m making weird noises here wtf!!!

stevied
    Free Member

14 (and still counting) gorse thorns removed from my hand and arm so far today. The make them spiky on the Malvern’s…

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

@slimjim – I’ve had hip ache recently – went to physio – turns out too much work on the turbo/bike in an incorrect position had resulted in glutes and stuff not all working properly….been fixed easily with some specific exercises and checking my bike setup….

nedrapier

My legs fell off after the second trip up the beach at BOTB.

Had to have a little lie down and stick them back on again with some gel.

adsh
    Free Member

Nettle rash – severe

Hill repeats, going uphill at about 5mph, slid into rut, tried to keep going but gently fell into young nettle patch.

Had to get pissed last night to get to sleep.

jekkyl

adsh – Member
    Nettle rash – severe

where are these nettles in march?

batman11
    Free Member

Well Gotta say we’re certainly a hardy, manly bunch on here

JAG

NOT from riding 🙁

Stomped on some wood to break it up, on Saturday, and injured my foot/ankle so severely I couldn’t ride my bike on Sunday 👿 🙄 🙁

Spent all day Sunday sitting around the house feeling sorry for myself – complete tail-of-woe is available HERE

stevied
    Free Member

where are these nettles in march?

Got a few springing up (between the bluebells) in my garden

mountainman

The nettles are out along with last years old beasts too that are really vicious over here in Eire.

matt_outandabout

I jagged a finger on a rough bit of wall while stripping wallpaper… 😥

batman11
    Free Member

Well that is a poor show jag blasted wood

rhid

Came to a abrupt stop on my road bike and couldn’t unclip fast enough. It resulted in a super-slow motion sideways topple. I should probs go to A and E and get the slight graze checked out.

stevedoc
    Free Member

The only things ive broken this weekend are 18 personal bests on the fattys first outing and the bank account 🙁

andeh

Chipped collar bone and spread my AC joint after a bit of practice on the Steel City track. In a sling and have to go to the fracture clinic tomorrow. Sucks, easter holidays next week too….and we’re moving house. I guess I’ll have to be operations manager.

batman11
    Free Member

Andeh, ooooo did my ac joint a few years ago! Strangely it’s the same shoulder this time too

andeh

No idea what to expect in terms of recovery, how long did it take? Exercises to help?

I bumped into a family walkers on a trail centre loop last week, luckily I didn’t hit them, though the manly man did threaten to deck me when I advised him that walking up a bike track was maybe not the best plan.

batman11
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the chipped collar bone. But when I did my ac joint about 6/8 weeks quit a lot of discomfort from ligaments stretching to accommodate etc. Rest,stretching and I went and saw a sports injury guy after about a month a few times to keep the muscles released that certain.y speeded my recovery up.
    Good luck there. Mind you I think this is going to take a fair while!!! As it’s the third time I’ve broken my ribs and this seems by far the worse pain and movement wise! So recon I’ve done something else in there. Guess I’m going to have to wait and see and just keep my arm moving the little it will and hope it improves gradually

andeh

Well hopefully it’s nothing serious, may your recovery be speedy. Now would be a good time to test out that 1 month free Netflix subscription (House of Cards gets my vote).

flashes
    Free Member

I luckily managed to prevent damage to my Pugsley with my face at BOTB..

jimdubleyou

Clipped a tree picking the wrong line. OTB, landed on face / bike.

Few bruises and scrapes on legs – one looks like it will go a lovely colour later in the week.

Face mostly unharmed.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Teaching a three year old how to do a forward roll I misjudged it and the middle of my back landed squarely on the edge of a table. Been hurting like bugger for three days now. Both kids obviously thought it hilarious and are begging for a repeat performance.

martinhutch

Flicked a dictionary-sized rock into my shin at 25mph on the Ramsgill descent. Smarts a bit.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Fly bite on my shin at Gisburn yesterday! My only fall ended in a pit of mud, still swore in 4 languages though 🙂

Marge
    Free Member

Not sure if it counts but my bits that contact the ‘unfamiliar’ saddle on my posh bike are rather tender after 130km of off-road over the 2 days.
    Lowering myself back onto the saddle on Sunday morning was done rather gently. 😯
    Once the chrono started discomfort disappeared again fortunately.

Today is another story though & I guess I’ll be running rather than cycling this evening… 🙄

sofabear
    Free Member

No riding injuries for me, I was nursing a two day hangover at the weekend.

A mate did however break his collar bone on the Big Dipper at Afan. I almost hurt myself from laughing.

jamj1974

slimjim78 – Member
    Bit of a, and I quote ”niggling hip ache”.

Me too, although mine has been since I had a virus a couple of weeks ago.

jamj1974

Mind you I think this is going to take a fair while!!! As it’s the third time I’ve broken my ribs and this seems by far the worse pain and movement wise!

Please keep an eye on it. I badly broke my ribs in the summer and due to the pain stopped me breathing deeply. Cue urgent visit to A&E and fast-tracked for immediate assessment. Turns out my right lung had filled with fluid and I was ‘drowning’ inside out – Christ it hurt!

ferrals
    Free Member

I had a bloated stomach today after too much post South Downs stroll lunch time beer. Spotted some great trails to explore on bike next time though. I’ve also just fixed it with another pint.

Hope the ribs mend o.p.

monkeychild
    Free Member

On the bmx I grabbed some air trying to jump over an obstacle and did a superman impression before landing 😆 I’m not even sure what went wrong.

Bregante

Slight papercut and a near miss with a stapler were my only mishaps this weekend at the office.

postierich
    Free Member

bruised buttocks and severe saddle sores after a 99.9 bike ride around the lakes on a hard tail

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘So injury updates from the weekends riding single trackers?’ is closed to new replies.