Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • So I went for a ride in the sun….
  • becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Went for a ride along the canal / river, set off nice and early to make the most of the sun (looks like a made a good decision because it looks like rain now!).

Didn’t get as far as I’d hoped because although I’d followed the path on google maps I hadn’t accounted for the big sign saying no cyclists! So I decided to go for a ride round the nature reserve instead (only on the bits where bikes are allowed!). No idea how far I went because I still haven’t bought a cycle computer for this bike…but I guess about 15 miles. Nothing too epic, but it was enjoyable!

Here’s some pictures I took, took quite a few more but I’m still working out this camera so many didn’t have the right exposure (or I just hadn’t focussed them very well!)
    Heron 3

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Where it is, this beautiful place?

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Yeah, thankfully that’s further away than it looks (although if I hadn’t been met by the no cycling sign I would have gone right past it!). Its the Ratcliffe-on-Soar power station.

Thankfully all the nice things I saw today made up for it (although I kinda like power stations…)

sobriety
    Free Member

The photos look a lot like a ride I did a few weeks back, you weren’t doing a chunk of the Erewash valley trail/Attenborough Nature Reserve were you?

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

The photos look a lot like a ride I did a few weeks back, you weren’t doing a chunk of the Erewash valley trail/Attenborough Nature Reserve were you?

Rode along the canal path from Castle Marina, round Attenborough Nature Reserve and then back on the Trent Valley path along the river. If the weather not too bad I might ride over to the Skylark Nature reserve at Holme Pierre Point tomorrow…

snaps
    Free Member

Went for a spin to test out my new Lyriks but the sky was black with storms heading up from Dartmoor, so dashed home for beer & F1 qually 😆

sobriety
    Free Member

No fair! I’m going to be stuck in the office, again! There are plenty of paths around the Colwick nature reserve as well, and I’ve noticed some small bits of singletrack around there as well (never ridden them though).

Without wanting to sound like an internet weirdo (which means that I’m probably about to sound like an internet weirdo!) do you ride with/know of any groups around Notts that I could tag along with at all? As I’ve decided that I need to get out and ride more…work permitting 🙂

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Colwick nature reserve appears to be the same places a Skylarks Nature reserve 😛

No I don’t ride with any groups, just a couple of mates sometimes. Normally ride on my own (and definitely don’t get out enough!). I’m heading home for the summer as of Friday, but I don’t mind company so if you want a ride and I’m about drop me an e-mail 😛

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘So I went for a ride in the sun….’ is closed to new replies.