Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 336 total)
  • So how many miles did you rack up in 2009?
  • crazy-legs

21:50.

😉

Dasha
    Free Member

The only thing I can use to compare is a solo 40 mile road ride I did in the summer, it covers about a 1000m of elevation and it took me about 2hrs. It's on the connect site somewhere. I'm obviously far far slower than you. Incidently why have you got a garmin that you dont use the facilities of?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Clearly with all the training he does he does not have the time to play about on the internet 😉

crazy-legs

Incidently why have you got a garmin that you dont use the facilities of?

Cos then it'd be up on the net for all to see and it'd blow his mileage claims out of the water! 😉

Dasha
    Free Member

Junkyard-lol

njee20
    Free Member

Again, your race results certainly do not suggest someone who can do a 22 minute TT, that's not exactly slow!

grtdkad

Three kids and busy job = a fairly mediocre 800 miles and 37,700 mtrs of climbing…more to do in 2010 methinks!

Dasha
    Free Member

Where are his results?

Smee
    Free Member

NJee – race this race that – change the **** record will you.

njee20
    Free Member

LOL! You're asking me to change the record? Well done, that's the most I've laughed in ages!

Stu_N

And just worked out I did 4542 miles and 392 hours of riding last year. November and December were a disaster – working away then 2 weeks of snow – so fell quite short of 2008.

Maybe I will manage 5000 in 2010…

EDIT – Smee/Glupton/Goan – these were 18,000 miles of pedal bicycle riding weren't they?

Smee
    Free Member

Yes I'm asking you to change the record – you've said you dont believe my mileage from last year – I dont really give a **** what some **** on the internet, who i've never met thinks, now shut the **** up and stop ruining my thread.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

🙄

Smee
    Free Member

Well – he's being a ****.

Dasha
    Free Member

I think a bit of responsibility may lie with you for that GL. How old are you by the way?

Smee
    Free Member

Considering they are meant to be an adult – their twattishness is their responsibility. I'm 33 – how old are you?

Smee
    Free Member

A person starts a thread asking how many miles people have done in the last year, gives their own genuine mileage, and gets slated for it. Great place this is.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Pot kettle and black Mr Smee!

thefettler
    Free Member

" and stop ruining my thread"
    ffs

Smee
    Free Member

TJ – you're an arse too.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Getting offensive now? A sure sign you have lost it 🙂

Dasha
    Free Member

I'm 38. I think the idea of the thread is a good one, well done.
    The problem is your lack of modesty; surely by 33 you've realised your talent must put you in the upper quartile of most subscribers to this site and the last thing any body likes is a willy waver who is unwilling to verify his extraordinary claims-and they are extraordinary!

Smee
    Free Member

TJ – calling someone a liar is offensive therefore you must have lost it right at the start.

Dasha – In my book there is no character trait worse than false modesty.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

And point out where I called you a liar? I merely cast doubt on your claims.

BTW – when did you learn to drive? On the million mile thread you claimed 17 ys driving and now you claim to be 33. Which is correct?

Smee
    Free Member

TJ – there is no tone in internet communication – you would do well to remember that.

To answer your other question – both – you do the maths.

Dasha
    Free Member

[In my book there is no character trait worse than false modesty.]

😯

pegasus
    Free Member

7 miles a day commute, although being a teacher that's not 52 weeks a year! Fun riding at weekend, could be 50/60 on the road or 25/30 off road. A long time ago when I was 20 I won my first 10 in 22.40 on a Carlton Criterium (Cardiff 100 Milers). Just thought I'd do a bit of bragging too..

Junkyard
    Free Member

He is correct hubris/vainglory/arrogance is so much nicer than modesty 🙄 😯

Goz
    Free Member

For me about 5000 on the road + offroad which I never measure in miles, just time and fun..Back in the day , well nearly thirty years ago I was a bit of a racer…21 min for a ten, 55 min 25, 1hr 55 for a fifty and 4hrs 3 mins for a 100 all on a std road bike of the time….

zokes
    Free Member

33-17 = 16 years old? Hmmm, again, where did you learn to drive?

On ruining your thread, it's impossible to ruin something already as shi'ite as one of your threads. However you losing it up there really improved it somewhat, so be grateful!

Smee
    Free Member

Zokes – go count it again.

ojom
    Free Member

quite fancy a Garmin after all this mileage chat…

druidh
    Free Member

I could have sold you one…

zokes
    Free Member

33-17 is 16, unless you're in some strange parallel universe.

(Oh yes, you are, I'd forgotten…)

Smee
    Free Member

Yes Zokes, but I was only 33yrs old for an attosecond…

Stu_N

If you passed your test on your 17th birthday (possible but unlikely – see a theme developing?), you would have been allowed to drive for 16 years on your 33rd birthday. Sure, you would have started your seventeenth year of driving but you wouldn't have finished it (again, see a theme developing?)

So you would have to be 34 to have been driving for 17 full years, no?

ojom
    Free Member

aye you could have but i didnt want one at that point.

btw, the orange is growing on me…

Smee
    Free Member

Fat Elvis – Or it could be my 17th yr of driving…

druidh
    Free Member

thebikechain – Member
    aye you could have but i didnt want one at that point.

btw, the orange is growing on me…

Matches your jacket..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

However you said you had been driving 17 years. Not the same thing

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 336 total)

The topic ‘So how many miles did you rack up in 2009?’ is closed to new replies.