Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • So… got my Top Fuel under 20lbs
  • The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

thanks mrmo, good to know.

alfabus
    Free Member

i-spec shifter for a couple more grams saved?

rp16v
    Free Member

dont shimano to a machmaker mount for the brake/shifter setup? that would get rid of the rhs clamp and tidy bars abit 2 birds 1 stone and all

alfabus
    Free Member

rp16v – Member
    dont shimano to a machmaker mount for the brake/shifter setup? that would get rid of the rhs clamp and tidy bars abit 2 birds 1 stone and all

That is the i-spec shifters i was talking about – 2010 xtr had them, and 2011 xt will too 🙂

Dave

xcstu
    Free Member

flying the club colours on the fuel 🙂

rp16v
    Free Member

ahhh i see i never look at xt/xtr as its above my pay grade 😆

njee20
    Free Member

just out of interest how much do you weigh ?

Kev

67kg at the moment, ish…

Mike’s right, I do get them at a massively subsidised cost, use for a year, sell for what I paid, repeat! I may well keep this one though – less hassle and I really like it! No way I’d be buying a 2010 and 2011 otherwise!

i-spec shifter for a couple more grams saved?

I looked at those – they’re £50 for the clamps! If I was buying shifters then definitely, but not worth it otherwise. Obviously I’ve only got one, and with alu bolts the amount saved is pretty tiny. Would look neater, but I’m not that fussed!

Good photo Stu, don’t think I saw that at the time!

Here it is at Dalby, on somewhat more testing terrain 😉

The bike was spot on today at Wasing, sadly my skills in the slippery mud were lacking, finished right at the back of Expert, again, boo hiss! Hopefully sort myself out for Mayhem next week!

scaredypants

@ the swedish chef – I have a giant with a tapered head tube and a FSA headset in it. The frame came with an extra-wide crown race to fit a “normal” fork into the big bottom bearing. Maybe FSA or Giant dealers can supply these separately ?

MikeT
    Free Member

From that angle Worry Gill doesn’t look too bad.

ac282

The top of Worry Gill isn’t hard to ride. Its just a matter of having the confidence to roll off the edge.

The bus stop and Medusa’s drop have for more potential for trouble.

I like Nick’s bike but I don’t have the legs to cope without a front mech. I wonder how much weight a mech, shifter, cable and granny ring would add?

njee20
    Free Member

From that angle Worry Gill doesn’t look too bad.

It looks fine from all angles except looking down from the top haha!

You’d probably surprise yourself Andy, not sure I’d want it for a 12 solo or other such daft activities, but for XC it’s fine.

Chainline
    Free Member

What you doin’ rollin’ down that jump Njee 😉 I was gonna comment about the wheels then you went all sensible on me and mentioned you had an everyday set 😀 fair play.

See you at Mayhem, I’ll be on the just built, heavier than I’d prefer Titus x-carbon looking **** 😆

brakes
    Free Member

are the results for Wasing up anywhere?

njee20
    Free Member

What you doin’ rollin’ down that jump

Trying to make sure I get round the 90 degree bend right at the bottom 🙂

are the results for Wasing up anywhere?

Yep – here. It was pretty grim!.

aracer
    Free Member

Now do it with a complete set of gears. 😉

keavo
    Free Member

which bit is known as the ‘bus stop’?

MikeT
    Free Member

It looks fine from all angles except looking down from the top hah

I figured as much, I really want to ride Dalby.

njee20
    Free Member

The bus stop is after Worry Gill, go down the river bed, then there’s a tree, you go up to the right then turn sharply round the tree and down some roots. Wasn’t in the NPS this year, perhaps related to a few nasty crashes last year.

keavo
    Free Member

i think i know it. it wasn’t in the dalby nutcracker last year but was in the dalby dare this year. i wasn’t expecting it ‘cos i thought i knew the course but someone stopped in front of me anyway.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Looks like there’s a bit of mould growing on your gate.

njee20
    Free Member

60 posts before anyone commented on the garden, this place is going to the dogs! It’s a bit of a state to be honest, we moved in 6 weeks ago and it’s all rather ‘unkempt’, the landlord doesn’t want us to install a shed, so it’s likely to get worse too, I’m not leaving a mower and what not on the patio!

Bream
    Free Member

Very nice njee, impressive result, would love to be in the low 20s myself with the new build but will have to wait and see.

njee20
    Free Member

I must say I was pleasantly surprised, I thought the frame was marginally heavier than last year, the fork’s heavier and the groupset, so getting the whole thing lighter by a pound was good. Handles better than the 2010 one too I must say.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘So… got my Top Fuel under 20lbs’ is closed to new replies.